Next Villa Manager

Richard

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yes a manager that has won titles around Europe, got smaller teams to European finals and managed 2 of biggest clubs on the continent and number of international teams.

Most of that was over 20 years ago. We may as well have hired Eriksson.

Hodgson's most recent big jobs were Liverpool and England, and he stunk the place out at both of them.

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Most of that was over 20 years ago. We may as well have hired Eriksson.

Hodgson's most recent big jobs were Liverpool and England, and he stunk the place out at both of them.

maybe but job he did at Fulham and Baggies in last 10 years is better than anything Bruce ever achieved

and watching England tonight I think his credit might be going back up ;)

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

maybe but job he did at Fulham and Baggies in last 10 years is better than anything Bruce ever achieved

and watching England tonight I think his credit might be going back up ;)

He did really well with Fulham and Albion, no doubt. He also spent over £10m on Andy Johnson.

As for England, being on a par with Gareth Southgate isn't a viable yardstick! ;)

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sod what anybody says, in the past I have always been one to want a "sexy" name or unknown quantity. After being battered down to reality in recent times, I don't know if I have felt so "safe" with a manager in our modern time. Old head, vast experience and a steady hand. 

We can either accept it for what it is or just moan like whiny bitches.

I can see all this wank-fest has left with you nothing but blind faith my friend.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

yes a manager that has won titles around Europe, got smaller teams to European finals and managed 2 of biggest clubs on the continent and number of international teams.

compared to a manager who biggest club was Sunderland which he failed miserably at

Didn't he get Sunderland to one of their highest ever Premier League finishes?

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So you're basing the doom and gloom on a hunch?

No more a case of not having belief in  the next incumbent managerial ability  to take us  where we need to be over the next 4-5 seasons - I want no part of a quick fix thank you- that will end in failure

Not excited by this appointment but unfortunately it makes sense at this time

We don't like it but realistically who else is available

3 year contract and he'll be gone within 6 months of getting us promoted

10 minutes ago, Vincenzo said:

Not excited by this appointment but unfortunately it makes sense at this time

We don't like it but realistically who else is available

3 year contract and he'll be gone within 6 months of getting us promoted

That's fine. All he needs to do is get us up. We'll be a more attractive club one back in the prem