Your Apocalypse Strategy

maqroll

58 minutes ago, ender4 said:

my wired doorbell stopped working, so i just cut the wires and bought a wireless doorbell instead.

My wired doorbell also stopped working, so I fixed it. But I must admit that with all this news about the apocalypse and everything, I'm not sure it was worth the bother. I mean it does chime lovely and all that, but if there are going to be these zombies and whatnot roaming about, then I don't think answering the door to them would be all that wise.

6 minutes ago, limpid said:

None of us are real. Except for the zombies.

Do you work for Merrill Lynch?

In a note to clients out Tuesday, Bank of America Merrill Lynch said there's a 20%-50% chance that we're living in the matrix — meaning that the world we experience as "real" is actually just a simulation...

I'd wander around like the Omega Man for a few days.. taking cars for a spin, rummaging around shops etc before I get bored and then shoot myself dead. 

Due to my job,  I had a place reserved for me at the Nuclear Shelter in Harborne. 

It was a dire place.

In theory we would have moved in at the very early stages of a crisis and remained there until it was safe to emerge. We did one exercise that involved us being there for a complete week. 

I remember one of our first briefings. If there was a nuclear war and every single nurse,  doctor, ambulance and hospital was unscathed they could only hopen to save 10% of the injured dying in the first 6 months. 

I gave up my place. 

12 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Russian spy. 

I briefly worked on a project in Libya to build a two lane highway under the desert. 

We used to have the meetings with the Libyans in cars, driving around and around Malta.

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The weapon destined for Birmingham would land somewhere between the Baggies Ground and Winston Green. 

If that would have happened, it would have killed thousands of the outcast of society, the criminal element, the most untrustworthy in the country, the real dregs of human life, as well as all the people in the prison.

• Like 1

I reckon the answer is leave em be based on the possibility of the Nukes failing. Or why disturb people's final moments with the worst criminals for their final few moments too. The alternative answer being that if we're all died everyone deserves a dignity in death and so open the doors? 

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

Â