How much will we spend?

AndFos

How much will Villa spend(net) this pre-season?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How much will Villa spend(net) this pre-season?

• 15-20 mill. £
    • 10-15 mill. £
    • 5-10 mill. £
    • 3-5 mill. £
    • 2-3 mill. £
    • 1-2 mill. £
    • nothing
    • spend? Ellis is going to sell..

Hopefully we will be bringing some real quality in soon.

Berger and Hughes are decent players, but are they a better class of player than we already have at B6? Im not so sure.

A good sign is that we are moving early. Moving early could well mean that you have lots of targets, or you want to beat your rivals to players you are in for.

Villa usually bring players in after pre season training has started. I could never see the logic in that. Im glad we seem to be moving away from that this year.

I refuse to let the langham situation ruin my summer, What is interesting though is a story about the money Dol was being given which came out about 2 or 3 weeks ago where Dol said something like "i had a meeting with the board and The way the chairman broke down the figures it's decent money and i will be getting some this summer and for the next 3 summers after" which tells me that doug may have been more involved in this "3 year plan" than some think, I expect the funds to be there just like the board told us, the manager and players and if it isn't then he'll get a reaction make no mistake about that, I just thank god the barsterd isn't a young man anymore ;),

up the villa

I think between 10 and 15 million £. I think Ellis knows we need to spend in order to get some decent income from Europe - despite all that has been said about him at the end of the day he is a businessman and wants to make money.

( ELLIS TO SELL- MY VOTE) prob wishfull thinking, the irish pair JP McManus and John Magnier who sold out to Glazier hav a few quid to put into a football club y not ours????

These two guys are pure business men only interested in making money as proved in the utd dealings so they would have no interest in the av no serious money to be made here.

our usual...

probably about 4 mil net....

ellis doesnt care about upsetting the fans...

hes proven that he will lie to us and take the piss over and over and over...

Agree with this. Anyone who thinks Ellis will spend in order to quell any backlash does not understand Ellis.

1. He lies.

2. He thinks he is indestructable

3. He lies

It'll be more than four million. Even a egotistical liar like Ellis will know that you can go the past three months mentioning mega spending and a new squad in every story involving an official mouth piece, then actually spend £4million, then I'd imagine surely the support that he does have will dwindle (apart from the bozos who will refuse to believe it, insult, make some bizarre excuse and believe what they believe because it isn't the popularist view).

It'd also be the biggest lie the club has ever told the fans so far.

It'd also be the biggest lie the club has ever told the fans so far.

And you're right.

And most of your statement is spot on. Apart from the curious little rant. :?

As said in the Question To Doug Fans Thread, this could be something huge for Villa. I just think its a shame that the people who care the most don't necessarily have the nous to make the most out of it.

Â