Week Oh and 4 (Eagles & Packers bye)

Brumerican

Just now, abdomlahor said:

the commentator doing the broncos game has the most annoying voice ever

Spero Dedes trying to sound like Buck or Solomon Wilcots who can't keep track of the downs?

Also they had an awful fumble call against them.

Johnson fumbles and recovers it, is clearly standing with the ball and the officials give the ball to the Redskins without reviewing it

Can't believe what I witnessed from the Panthers last night. Offense has been dreadful all season, any sort of basic speed rush destroys the tackles and without Stewart we can't run the ball. Cam throwing the ball lazily again and gets popped waltzing into the endzone when we're down two scores. 

Our best player this season has been Andy Lee. A **** punter. 

Paxton doing the biz.  We've quite a competition brewing at QB.  We'll do well to keep both of them happy, especially with Lynch being a first-rounder.  I imagine he'll be chomping at the bit to get in and stay in.  Good times.

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

not sure why the chargers even bother, another week another injury and another blown lead

The Chargers' season seems to be very similar to Villa's.  Take lead, blow lead late on.  Could and probably should be doing a whole lot better than results suggest.

Mike Kiszla agrees with me

Kiszla: Paxton Lynch era begins with win, now let the competition with Trevor Siemian begin

TAMPA, Fla. — The Paxton Lynch era has begun. Is this the beginning of the end for Trevor Siemian?

After coming off the Denver bench in relief of the injured Siemian, then throwing his first NFL touchdown pass during a 27-7 victory over Tampa Bay, Lynch was asked if he would immediately begin studying to start at quarterback for the Broncos in the team’s next game.

No way, insisted Lynch. The 22-year-old rookie had a better idea for the plane ride back to Colorado.

“Maybe catch a nap or something,” Lynch said Sunday.

If you know Lynch at all, you also know that’s so very typical. For a quarterback, he’s a little goofy. His facial hair looks as if he wants to be a member of Jack Sparrow’s pirate crew, and his attitude is straight out of “Superbad,” the 2007 movie in which everything in life is a most excellent adolescent adventure.

But here’s the deal: In the hours before Sunday’s game, Broncos general manager John Elway and coach Gary Kubiak huddled to discuss the progress Lynch has made since being drafted in the first round out of Memphis.

“John, I think he’s really growing,” Kubiak recalls telling Elway after watching Lynch practice and prepare.’ “But you never know until a kid gets thrown in the fire.”

Denver Broncos quarterback Paxton Lynch (12) gets a hug from Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Alan Cross
Joe Amon, The Denver Post
Denver Broncos quarterback Paxton Lynch (12) gets a hug from Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Alan Cross (45) after their game at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Bay, FL, Oct. 02, 2016.

Shortly before halftime, it got hot for Lynch real fast. Siemian was slammed to the turf, sacked by Tampa Bay defensive tackle Clinton McDonald. “I was like, ‘Oh, shoot, we’re going down,’ ” said Siemian, recalling the injury in slow-motion detail.

He bravely stayed on the field for one more play, then retired to the sideline in obvious discomfort. With his shoulder aching, Siemian departed for the locker room on a cart, and the road back to the Super Bowl took an unexpected turn for the undefeated Broncos.

Enter Lynch. His footwork still needs work. But his arm is electric.

“No nerves at all,” said Denver receiver Emmanuel Sanders, gauging the emotional temperature of Lynch in the huddle. “Paxton is a first-round quarterback. He comes in, he knows he can ball.”

This was one weird Sunday, from beginning to end, from the interception Bucs quarterback Jameis Winston hand-delivered to Denver Aqib Talib in the opening minute to an 86-minute lightning delay in the fourth quarter that could not stop the inevitable outcome. But should we have expected anything less in a stadium whose lone distinguishing feature is a pirate ship that has run aground on a concrete concourse behind the north end zone?

Lynch’s first TD pass as a pro was started with the rookie rolling out in the red zone, then flipping in a 5-yard score to Sanders, who celebrated by doing a cartwheel.

“I give it a perfect 10,” said Sanders, talking about the cartwheel.

When asked about the significance of the TD pass for his rookie teammate, Sanders added: “It will be the first of many for him.”

But which quarterback throws the next TD pass for Denver? Broncos Country fell in love with Siemian. He exuded cowboy cool. He beat elite NFL quarterbacks Cam Newton and Andrew Luck. He went on the road, threw four touchdown passes and made WKRP out of the Cincinnati Bengals.

Here’s betting, however, that Elway wants to see Lynch, his first-round draft choice, play sooner rather than later. And I don’t believe the job of starting quarterback has ever been set in stone. Why would it not be a fluid situation, based on how well Siemian performs and how quickly Lynch develops?

Hey, there are folks who believe it doesn’t really matter who is the quarterback, and some of those folks are in the Broncos’ dressing room. Put Governor John Hickenlooper, meteorologist Kathy Sabine or furniture mogul Jake Jabs under center of the Denver offense, and they would throw two touchdown passes and beat the woebegone Bucs by 20 points.

“It’s not about the quarterback position,” Sanders said. “Really it’s about the team, it’s about the chemistry, it’s the locker room, it’s about the camaraderie.”

Know what? I believe what Sanders is selling. But only to a point.

Believe this: Elway and Kubiak are looking for the quarterback who gives Denver the best shot at getting back to the Super Bowl. A championship-caliber defense gives the Broncos the luxury of taking their time to choose between Siemian and Lynch between now and when the playoffs begin.

Game on. Let the best quarterback win.

• Like 1

oh man, the Chiefs layed a massive egg

That botched snap, slip on the hold, kicker ass-plants, hits the post was so utterly hilarious. (division rivals you see)

16 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Really enjoyed the fakes from Jacksonville.

Both had me fooled . I was still looking at Ivory for Arobs TD and again when Bortles ran it in. 

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

Meanwhile the Vikings continue to rack up an increasingly impressive list of scalps this season.  4-0 with the Packers, Panthers, Giants & Titans all taken care of.

Â