Crystal Palace

Villaphan04

15 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Benteke coming back would be a dream. Feel bad for him. At one point he was twice the footballer Lukaku was, but now it looks like his compatriot is going to romp to the league as well as possibly a scoring title while he'll be relegated with one of the worst teams in PL history. So unlucky.

Not unlucky, he listened to a stupid agent. Agent gets rich abd Benteke misses out on trophies.

I feel sorry for Palace fans, it’s not a nice feeling at all. And Parish is a tit.

9 hours ago, Genie said:

I'd laugh, be we had to cancel our own goal of the month competition on more than 1 occasion because we didn't score any.

We also didn't have a shot on target in about 8 consecutive games let alone score a goal

On 01/10/2017 at 11:13, PieFacE said:

Palace to get relegated, villa promoted, benteke come back? Would anyone take him if that scenario presented itself and was achievable? 

No. I'd hope we could sign a striker with a better goal scoring record than Benteke if we got promoted. 

5 hours ago, One For The Road said:

No. I'd hope we could sign a striker with a better goal scoring record than Benteke if we got promoted. 

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

at Premier League level? In last 5 years I think only Aguero, Kane, Lukaku and probably Giroud has more league goals than him

dont think we could attract any of them ;)

Yeah he's basically a 1 in 2 striker in spite of playing for 2 terrible relegation battling teams and his catastrophic time at LiverPlop. I think he'd be amazing with Kodjia & Adomah. Cheeky bid in January if we're in the top 2 would make me...

JQw5TgG.png

Like all confidence players, he looks unstoppable at his best and utterly useless at his worst. He only really works in a physical side set up to counter-attack. That description does include us, though, and I would back Bruce to get his confidence up and get the best out of him (other opinions are available, I'm not trying to turn this into yet another Bruce thread). 

But he isn't very likely to come back, obviously. 

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

at Premier League level? In last 5 years I think only Aguero, Kane, Lukaku and probably Giroud has more league goals than him

dont think we could attract any of them ;)

He hasn't scored goals at that level of consistency for a long time. Players can regress and I believe that to be true of Benteke. 

On the one hand, they are round the corner from me, so have a bit of a soft spot for Palace, but on the other hand it's good to see our awful records being broken and mesmerising in a car-crash kind of way.

47 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

He hasn't scored goals at that level of consistency for a long time. Players can regress and I believe that to be true of Benteke. 

He got 15 league goals last season. Just in a shit setup at moment without zaha

Not quite the same player he was, mighty be a result of the achillies injury or he could have lost a little bit of the hunger having had his big move and it gone wrong. 

It’s fair to say when here he was playing for a big move, the motivation at Palace can’t be the same.

Such a shame that he made what many of us said at the time was a poor career move when he joined them. Could have been very different for him and us had he stayed.

I’d be delighted to welcome him back though.

• Like 1

Still amazes me that his agent couldn't secure him a better move than Liverpool. Absolute career killer, that move had to be the right one, even if it meant doing a year in Germany, Italy or at another half way club like Everton. Just any next bracket side that would play to his strengths...but why they thought Liverpool was a good fit I will never know.

Sits down with Brendan Rodgers.

"So Christian, let me tell you where you fit in this season. As you know we have just moved Balotelli on because he didn't fit into our set in stone style of play one bit. He was a bit too static, didn't work the line enough or stretch the game, he was a bit too static in his movement and slow to implement in our pressing game. He would always want the ball to feet or being fed to him in the box from out wide so he could use his natural strength to score goals. There was just no way he was going to fit in. That's where you come in Christian son, because we know you are nothing like that at all...."

On 03/10/2017 at 11:12, TrentVilla said:

Not quite the same player he was, mighty be a result of the achillies injury or he could have lost a little bit of the hunger having had his big move and it gone wrong. 

It’s fair to say when here he was playing for a big move, the motivation at Palace can’t be the same.

Such a shame that he made what many of us said at the time was a poor career move when he joined them. Could have been very different for him and us had he stayed.

I’d be delighted to welcome him back though.

We’d still have Lerner trying to reduce costs as the club is ripped apart. So keeping Benteke would have ended with even more suffering, we might be lucky that relegation and the sale came. 2 more years of Lerner would have ruined the club beyond repair.

Â