Crystal Palace

Villaphan04

39 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Fixtures against them, only goal scorer out, rot well and truly set in... they are gone.

Done and dusted in September.

Nice work Parish.

De Boer was an absolutely baffling appointment. Now that isn't necessarily a criticism of DB. But the last 4 managers at palace were Holloway, Pulis, Pardew, and Big Sam. The whole club was built around old school managers and full of old school players. To then decide you want to play attractive football and employ a bloke with a completely different philosophy is mind boggling. 

Its almost as bad as having McLeish and Martinez on a 2 man short list. 

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

It makes me feel better watching MOTD and the pundits slating another side that’s not Villa. Although we were terrible, this Palace side look capable of outdoing us. Impressive. 

Yeah they are absolutely dreadful. I think even that shit villa team would have beaten them

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Palace to get relegated, villa promoted, benteke come back? Would anyone take him if that scenario presented itself and was achievable? 

all depends, on current form is he better than Kodjia and he would need to up his game for rest of season

plus lookng at Bony along with a few others the returning hero rarely works

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

all depends, on current form is he better than Kodjia and he would need to up his game for rest of season

plus lookng at Bony along with a few others the returning hero rarely works

Why not have both. (Yes I'm greedy!)

Benteke coming back would be a dream. Feel bad for him. At one point he was twice the footballer Lukaku was, but now it looks like his compatriot is going to romp to the league as well as possibly a scoring title while he'll be relegated with one of the worst teams in PL history. So unlucky.

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Benteke coming back would be a dream. Feel bad for him. At one point he was twice the footballer Lukaku was, but now it looks like his compatriot is going to romp to the league as well as possibly a scoring title while he'll be relegated with one of the worst teams in PL history. So unlucky.

Dunno, it wasn't the right time for him to move to Liverpool imo. Think he has himself and his agent to blame for that. Should have waited for a different move to a team that would have played to his strengths. 

Had he played for a Chelsea, Everton or Man UTD his career would be looking very different right now. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Dunno, it wasn't the right time for him to move to Liverpool imo. Think he has himself and his agent to blame for that. Should have waited for a different move to a team that would have played to his strengths. 

Had he played for a Chelsea, Everton or Man UTD his career would be looking very different right now. 

He could have still went to an Everton or similar after that (he would still be a perfect fit for them right now. They badly need a #9), but instead moved to a declining Palace. I mean he had a great season last year (17 in 34 for that team is superb) but it's not looking to rosy right now.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Tekkers shot himself in the foot. We all said the Liverpool move would be a disaster and it's ruined his career.

he needs to sack his agent

Everyone could see Villa was a sinking ship so not surprised he (and Delph) left, agree with you about Liverpool though, it just didn't seem a good fit. I expect other clubs would have been interested that would have been a better footballing move for him.

Â