Crystal Palace

Villaphan04

Don't know if i'm the only one but hoping palace go down and somehow Benteke moves back to us (yes its a pipe dream). Not sure why either because it would mean setting the team up around him again but maybe with some investment in proper wingers could be a success but prefer goals coming from 5+ players instead really.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Based on what I've seen of him at palace I wouldn't want him... making gabby look like the energiser bunny

He was the same for us. Would tear up defenses and score 10 in 10, then go 10 matches barely getting a touch on the ball. It was incredibly frustrating and Lambert's inability to get Benteke scoring got Lambert sacked. Tim came in and got Benteke scoring again. It was like this for years. 

To get the most out of Benteke, you have to bring the game to him most days. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Based on what I've seen of him at palace I wouldn't want him... making gabby look like the energiser bunny

9 goals in 22 games for a shit team that dont create chances anymore, yep wouldnt want him back at all

On 24 December 2016 at 17:42, sexbelowsound said:

Smart move by Palace. They flinched first. I think that pretty much condemns Hull and Swansea to relegation. 

In the mad world of football, this post made complete sense at the time but right now  couldn't seem further from reality with hull and Swansea getting results and palace flopping badly. Suppose it's why we love this game so much!

For all the corruption this man has been involved in over his footballing career, I really do not think he should be allowed to work in England, so to see this going utterly tits up gives me a lot of satisfaction. I hope Palace go down and this is the last we will ever see of Sam Allardyce. 

• Like 2

With West Ham's disappointing revival I'm now putting my hopes in Palace getting relegated. I've got nothing against Palace but I'll be delighted to see Allardyce that arrogant slob fail.

Said it before they are this seasons Newcastle.

All last season people on here and in the press were saying Newcastle would stop up...more so after they signed Townsend and Shelvey in January.

Thing is even after they did that they still let in poor goals and couldn't score....Palace are exactly the same.

Just to recap....their final 6 away games are West Brom, Southampton, Man. United, Man. City, Liverpool and Chelsea. I'll be kind and give them two draws from that lot.

Would mean they'd need to win 5/7 at home to give them a chance of staying up. They have so far lost 9 out of 12 at home this season.

• 2 weeks later...

palace-bus

DOPEY CRYSTAL PALACE FANS ACCIDENTALLY VANDALISE THEIR OWN TEAM BUS 

A gang of Crystal Palace fans accidentally ended up vandalising their own club’s bus ahead of Saturday’s Premier League tie against Middlesbrough at Selhurst Park.

Thinking they’d spied Boro’s bus parked up outside the team’s hotel the night before the match, the nefarious Palace fans used spray paint to tag the vehicle in club colours.

However, as detailed in the Telegraph, Aitor Karanka’s squad actually flew down to London on Friday and then borrowed Palace’s spare bus to get from the airport to hotel, and then eventually on to the stadium.

As such, the vandals actually ended up causing £40,000 of damage to their own club’s property.

After the wanton destruction was discovered, a spokesman for Palace told The Sun:

The team bus was covered in graffiti with the words ‘Crystal Palace’ overnight on Friday ahead of the game on Saturday.

Police have been informed.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/crystal-palace-2/251857/dopey-crystal-palace-fans-accidentally-vandalise-their-own-team-bus-photo.html

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
Â