Crystal Palace

Villaphan04

People saying they score goals....they have scored fewer goals at home than Hull Swansea and Sunderland which is a dismal stat.

As I posted last week their away run is horrendous so I really don't see how they're going to claim 20 or so points from their 8 remaining home games.

To me they have the look of Newcastle last season....spending money seems to convince people they'll stay up just on that basis but the old flaws remain.

• Like 1

Under Allardyce they seem to lack ambition in attack. Pardew would at least try have a go which was probably his downfall among other things 

They have also been caught by some late sucker punches at home by Swansea and now Everton today. dont think anybody will have sympathy if Allardyce takes them down

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

People saying they score goals....they have scored fewer goals at home than Hull Swansea and Sunderland which is a dismal stat.

As I posted last week their away run is horrendous so I really don't see how they're going to claim 20 or so points from their 8 remaining home games.

To me they have the look of Newcastle last season....spending money seems to convince people they'll stay up just on that basis but the old flaws remain.

It does seem like Allerdyce has taken their attacking threat away.

But that is fairly typical Sam approach in these circumstances, he makes sides tight and compact and usually solid defensively. Then they build from that and usually start to find ways to score.

Only this time its not working for him and they look doomed.

56 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

'I was marking Adebayor in midfield. Suddenly he said: ’Ah, I’m hungry.’ I replied: ‘What?’ He said: ‘I can’t wait for the game to finish. I’m so hungry. Do you know a good restaurant in London?’

Brilliant. 

Is there a any more pointless footballer in the world than Adebayor really ? 

I'm not usually one to lament the state of football, but 14M for Van Aanholt? Jesus, football really has gone mad. He's top 5 worst defenders in the PL in the past 10 years with the other 4 probably being Villa players tbf.

17 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

It really is crazy. He is decent going forward so I wonder if Sam will play him as a winger instead maybe. Crazy money for what is essentially a bang average player. 

Allardyce has always liked attacking left backs and generally got the best out of them, young Cresswell, Warnock, Jose Enrique and Ricardo Gardner all arguably played their best football under him. PVA despite being awful defensively was excellent for Sunderland towards the end of last season too and played a major role in them staying up.

Palace being desperate for a left back is probably part of the reason the price is high too though.

On 1/27/2017 at 21:10, Keyblade said:

I'm not usually one to lament the state of football, but 14M for Van Aanholt? Jesus, football really has gone mad. He's top 5 worst defenders in the PL in the past 10 years with the other 4 probably being Villa players tbf.

I remember him being tore apart by Nzogbia about 18 months ago in our 4-0 win. he is that bad defensively

• Like 1

I selfishly hope they get relegated as my mate is a palace fan and it's a great excuse for a trip to villa park (last few seasons have been midweek fixtures or late august - not great when living in Devon)

seeing fat wallet, I mean Sam fail is also amusing 

Edited by theboyangel

Â