Crystal Palace

Villaphan04

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Big Sam + Benteke

a match made in heaven

Yep, all the ingredients are there aren't they. Relegation fight, desperation, big target man. 

CP would be mad NOT to give this to Sam.

And Sam would be mad not to take it.

They've not got a bad squad, they're underperforming massively, and there's easily 3 worse teams than them in the league.

He'd keep them up at a canter.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

They've not got a bad squad, they're underperforming massively, and there's easily 3 worse teams than them in the league.

I'm sure he can name his own price, and then a big "staying up" bonus on top.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

probably only weak in full back areas. Get Cabaye back on form and I would say Top 10 is gettable for that squad

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

probably only weak in full back areas. Get Cabaye back on form and I would say Top 10 is gettable for that squad

Yeah, I agree, just inside the top 10 should be achievable. Benteke, Zaha, Puncheon - these are actually good players, not just 'not shit'. 

Think the rumour is they're going to buy that Leeds left back, was it Charlie something? So that helps sort that side out, and I think Joel Ward can be an adequate right back if the defence is set up properly. 

6 hours ago, Genie said:

Benteke, Zaha, Townsend, Puncheon, Cabeye, that's a pretty good top end of the pitch. Should be nowhere near bottom 3.

Was a big fan of Cabaye but he's been rubbish for Palace for about a year now. Nowhere near what he was at Newcastle.

Puncheon's more of a central midfielder these days, can't influence the games like he did out wide.

Townsend has got nowhere near his Newcastle form, been warming the bench.

Zaha is still too hit and miss for me.

Big problem was Souare getting injured as apart from him they have no other LB of premier league quality so their safety first back 4 has been unbalanced.

Saying all that though I'd be amazed if they went down with Big Sam in now.

Hull are as good as gone so just two relegation spots in play.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Zaha is the 2nd highest assists in Premier League this season, bit harsh to say he still hit an miss

I just think he's another SWP type, plays the game at 100mph. Looks great when it comes off but against higher class defences when a bit more thought is required he dosen't do enough.

I saw them v Man. United and Chelsea and Zaha in those games was pretty average.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Delaney is a centre back. 

I agree that Joel Ward is an under-rated player, he'll be much better when he's playing in his actual position of right back rather than covering on the left.

Of course, I forgot about Pape Souare who I think he is more than decent, silly me! Good knowledge though, night!

• 4 weeks later...
Â