Players who you just don't like

Xela

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm no expert, but I don't think that players get to pick when they come on. Your beef should probably be with Sir Graham!

...or Lineker himself for effectively retiring himself by moving to China or wherever it was? I was too young but couldn't he have done a Rooney and just stuck around for a few years for the craic.

My generation was Capello pretty much retiring Owen at around 28? Looking back it was the right decision because it would transpire he would never be the same player.. but at the time and as a player I bloody loved Michael Owen and it was unthinkable at a time he wouldn't absolutely blitz that record.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm no expert, but I don't think that players get to pick when they come on. Your beef should probably be with Sir Graham!

In theory, yes I should have a beef with GT, but I really really liked him so I can't stay angry with him.  Alan Smith however was a striker that didn't score goals and is possibly the most boring pundit in the history of time.  Equally at no time did I ever claim that my dislike of him was rational.  Even at the time the substitution was made I was mad at Alan Smith not GT and even with hindsight I don't regret it.  So yes I 100% agree with you, but I'm not going to change my mind, it is still all Alan Smiths fault.

• Like 2

Reading the news today, I was reminded of Fellaini.

I remember him during a game elbowing Ashley Young and another one of our lads in the space of ten minutes, and getting away with it. His initials sum up my feelings towards him.

M@%#$*r F&$@#*r!

• Like 3

Diego Costa. 

Superb footballer, absolute nob for many reasons. Those aside, enjoy your 650k per week in China, Diego. The Premier League will be better off without you. 

Dont care how good he is, just one player I really can't stand and never will. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2017 at 08:54, Straggler said:

In theory, yes I should have a beef with GT, but I really really liked him so I can't stay angry with him.  Alan Smith however was a striker that didn't score goals and is possibly the most boring pundit in the history of time.  Equally at no time did I ever claim that my dislike of him was rational.  Even at the time the substitution was made I was mad at Alan Smith not GT and even with hindsight I don't regret it.  So yes I 100% agree with you, but I'm not going to change my mind, it is still all Alan Smiths fault.

You are right about him being boring but he did score goals. For a while at Arsenal he was prolific, top scorer one year I think head of Rush and McInally?

6 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Diego Costa. 

Superb footballer, absolute nob for many reasons. Those aside, enjoy your 650k per week in China, Diego. The Premier League will be better off without you. 

Dont care how good he is, just one player I really can't stand and never will. 

i get players going to China in their twilight, like Tevez but for players at their peak, it is just greed as you say. 

We're probably in the generation now where players (some of them) purely do it for money and not the love of the game. 

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

i get players going to China in their twilight, like Tevez but for players at their peak, it is just greed as you say. 

We're probably in the generation now where players (some of them) purely do it for money and not the love of the game. 

I think he's 28. Yeah I agree. I'm not knocking China and also he has a right to earn for his family and that's a crazy amount on offer etc. 

But... shows how much greed some people have. To a point, when you're that financially comfortable as a footballer earning the going rate in the Prem say for him what 100k ish maybe 150? Then, you're set for life already.... 150k per week Jesus imagine that. And despite the money being more, half a mill more a week, that's a pure money decision, not disappointed though. With his personality I wonder how long it will take for him to have a spat and try engineering a move back. No one will be affording that so hopefully he's stuck out there. 

Possibly has effectively just ended his international career too who knows. Ah well. If the Chinese think Costa is worth 650 a week I wonder what they would value Ronaldo or messi at.... 1 mill a week? Crazy. That day will come soon, a mill a week. 

• Like 1

Ander Herrera. A snidey word removed who acts like he's a tough tackling 'hardman' in midfield, but really he's just a cheating little shit who goes round hacking at opposition players ankles. Also spends half the game mouthing off aggressively to officials - i wish they would grow a pair and start booking him when he does it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, andym said:

Ander Herrera. A snidey word removed who acts like he's a tough tackling 'hardman' in midfield, but really he's just a cheating little shit who goes round hacking at opposition players ankles. Also spends half the game mouthing off aggressively to officials - i wish they would grow a pair and start booking him when he does it.

he is a good player but like Eric Dier they are embarrassing for football "hardmen"

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he is a good player but like Eric Dier they are embarrassing for football "hardmen"

We are now coming into the generation who idolised busquets as opposed to Keane and Vieira. Sad times. It is only going to get worse.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Well the game has gone soft so it's no surprise that the 'hardmen' are, relative to yesteryear, utter pussies. 

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 22:01, andym said:

You'll be happy then as he's scored Arsenal's opener today!

(deflection of his back but they all count ;) )

On 5/6/2017 at 13:13, rodders0223 said:

We are now coming into the generation who idolised busquets as opposed to Keane and Vieira. Sad times. It is only going to get worse.

Keane and Vieira - what players! I used to love watching those battles.

Back when the Premier League was exciting. 

9 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Craig Gardner - what a thick tool he is and not a particularly good footballer either. 

Typical thick snivelling Villa obsessed small heath cockwomble. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Keane and Vieira - what players! I used to love watching those battles.

Back when the Premier League was exciting. 

Nah, Keane was just a thug. 

Â