Players who you just don't like

Xela

On 25 September 2016 at 18:41, villa4europe said:

Was waiting for someone to say busquets!

for me hat makes him unlikeable is also a big part of what makes him so good, the number of goals we concede that would be avoided by someone (usually Westwood) just having that streak of a cheater in them that he has

two traits he is an absolute master of the cynical foul that somehow avoids a yellow card and the shield the ball buy contact and fall over

What's wrong with his hat?

• Like 1

Find it odd that people don't like Dele Alli - seems like a top lad and doesn't have the same attitude that a lot of our young players seem to have.  Anyway...

Roy Keane

Michael Brown

Joey Barton

Basically thugs that managed to get on to a football pitch.  Nothing redeeming about any of them.

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Find it odd that people don't like Dele Alli - seems like a top lad and doesn't have the same attitude that a lot of our young players seem to have.  Anyway...

Roy Keane

Michael Brown

Joey Barton

Basically thugs that managed to get on to a football pitch.  Nothing redeeming about any of them.

Ben Thatcher.

Danny Mills.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Maybe its an English thing but its just not really cricket. Imagine the reaction on here if Grealish was pictured on the back of a national paper tomorrow wearing a Liverpool shirt. 

If it was dead certain he would sign for Liverpool in the next couple days, then it really wouldn't matter to me. We'd lose him no matter what. It'd be different for me if say Grealish was just wearing a liverpool kit just because he wanted to or was trying to initiate a move that way. 

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don't like him but i don't know why,., its irrational.

Pepe! good call @sharkyvilla

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

If it was dead certain he would sign for Liverpool in the next couple days, then it really wouldn't matter to me. We'd lose him no matter what. It'd be different for me if say Grealish was just wearing a liverpool kit just because he wanted to or was trying to initiate a move that way. 

It might be more acceptable now but the Ince incident was about 1988. It just was't done back then. Nowadays with spy cameras and mobile phone footage, its hard to keep a deal under wraps but back then, you never knew anything was happening until it happened!

It's an obvious one, but Ronaldo is my most loathed player. Undoubtedly he is a brilliant footballer, but the man lacks so much class and humility and only plays the game for himself. His ego is huge (granted, it's potentially warranted) but his petulance and childishness eclipse it. These are the reasons I would never describe Ronaldo as being 'class'.

Going on from Ronaldo, I'll pair Gerrard and Rooney as I see them as being quite similar. Overly heralded and lauded by their fans and media but do nothing on the World stage. I just cringe and baulk at the in-game commentary when either play. From the  over exaggerated pronunciation of their names when in an attacking moment, to the wankfest if they did actually score or even worse, the lame excuses when inevitably they'd muck it up. 

I accept Rooney is the leading goalscorer internationally but he hasn't influenced the national team in a major tournament since 2004.... His goal returns in tournaments is shocking especially with the hype surrounding him but yet he is still 'world class'.....

I'm glad Gerrard has left the Country and Rooney is finally on his way out.

Thinking on it, I'll lump Gareth Bale in with Gerrard and Rooney for the same reasons (and the fact he's desperately trying to hide a serious monk spot under his top knot!)

Another few obvious ones are Robbie Savage, Alan Shearer, Craig Bellamy, Luis Suarez, Rio Ferdinand, Jack Wilshire, Joey Barton, Jamie Vardy, Daniel Sturridge and John Terry (however, regardless of JT being an odious shit of a man, I can't help but acknowledge he has been the best England centre half for many years and we have missed that)

I think the media hype, and continual platitudes rammed down our throats over such players puts me off them and makes me want to dislike them more (if that makes sense!)

A few obscure players I just can't take to.

Phil Bardsley, Elmohamady from Hull, Dean Whitehead (just because of his abnormally sized face!) and Ashley Barnes.

Â