• Ayew
    • Kodjia
    • Tishbola (Baker 45)
    • Gestede (Adomha 63)
    • Hepburn-Murphy (Westwood 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Impressed with tish when he came on but gave kodija the man of match - another powerful display from him  - ayew performed well last 30 minutes .

Elphick was shocking first half and lucky to stay on ahead of baker . 

Need a run of wins now - no more excuses ! 

40 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

4-4-2 with RB, Elphick, Chester, Amavi; Adomah, Jedinak, Tshibola, Ayew; Kodjia, McScoremack (with Gestede coming on) will spank any team in the league.

This! Except I think we have to start Gestede. We always look more dangerous when he's on the pitch. Not sure who I'd drop though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

the blatant penalty that resulted in a booking for diving are the margins

I was sat behind it and it looked like at most he got a tiny bit of contact out of the defender before he went down. I don't think the contact had anything to do with the fall but....I've seen no replays. On first look I thought the ref had it right, did TV show otherwise?

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I was sat behind it and it looked like at most he got a tiny bit of contact out of the defender before he went down. I don't think the contact had anything to do with the fall but....I've seen no replays. On first look I thought the ref had it right, did TV show otherwise?

To me on tv it looked a definite penalty.

• Like 1

I didn't think Jedinak was rotten at all, I thought he had an average game - nothing poor, some decent stuff, but didn't catch the eye. Doesn't seem like he will drive things, unlike Tshibola. As a pairing they could be great.

we miss McCormac, he makes things tick over more effectively than Ayew (taking nothing from Ayew), however Ayew is not a team player - would be great if he put a few more in the net.

We really really deserved to be losing beyond hope at half time - could have been 0-4 easily. Fortunately, Newcastle were complacent and clueless with the many simple chances they got.

Good comeback in the second half and I am taking comfort from the hope that Ayew and Kodjia are starting to build a little twosome between themselves which could terrorise most championship defences. We haven't had one of those for a long time, maybe not since Young and Carew.

I think I have seen enough of Di Matteo now to judge he is not the manager we need. Pity he is the personal choice of our over-excitable tweeting owner. That will make it harder to move him on.

Gollini - looks a better goalkeeper now. Maybe we can trust him, but he will make mistakes ealier or later.

Bacuna - doesn't offer much, hasn't got the best attitude, but do we have a better rb? De Leat maybe but all in all we need a better one.

Elphick - He is a leader, yes, but not a good footballer, and an average defender on Championship level.

Chester - can't really rate him, as he's a little bit discreet. But that's not a bad thing.

Baker - goo,d important tackle on Gayle, but he's not a very good player.

Amavi - He feels so much more lively than Cissokho, and yes he's an offensive threat, but needs to improve on his defense, but defo the best full back we have.

Jedinak - very bad game, very slow, but he was not bad at Palace, so it's controversal that he's wank on Championship level. Give him a little bit more time.

Westwood - I can understand the frustration of seeing him play weekly, because he is far from an exciting, quality player, but either him or Jedinak has to play. And what I saw here, Westwood is better. But I don't say he's a better player as Jedinak, he really isn't.

Tshibola - I am really excited about him, as he is a good young player with some potential. And it seems like he's ready to proof himself as an important player in our future. He's already arguably our best central midfielder, and I am looking forward to see him start weekly. I hope RDM is not blind. When he isn't, he must start him, there is no excuse for letting him on the bench.

Adomah - He was a quality player at Boro the last couple of years, and I think he can be quality for us, too. But in this game Kodjia and Ayew where clearly in the spotlight.

Ayew - Hasn't had so many chances to really shoot on goal but when he has, he's so dangerous. Qualitywhise our best player (besides Kodjia) but he needs to start scoring goals.    One thing I really worry about is him and Kodjia beeing at the Africa Cup in the winter. That will really hurt us.

Kodjia - Fantastic second half, and even in the first half our best player. But again. He needs to start scoring goals too, because than we'll be fine, and we'll get back on track. He is also a really exciting player to watch. So we have some joy ladies and gentleman.

Gestede - poor footballer as u saw after the pass from Kodjia, but I also think RDM should use him constantly, as a sub or as a starter. That should depent on who's the opponent.

Hepburn-Murphy - nice talent, with desire. But u saw in the one scene that he's not ready yet. But RDM should continue to give him chances of the bench, and help him develop.

With Grealish and McCormack coming back, I see us winning the 1 of the next 2 games. Barnsley and Preston are not to underestimate, but we should beat them as we are one of the best teams in the league and they aren't.

Anyway good point in the end. But we need to play more offensively in the next games and stop trying out so many different systems.

• Like 1

I've been tied up all day no access to radio , phone, tv. Saw the 1-1 score on match report. 

Until five mins ago I had no idea how we did. Was hoping to log on and see improvement, 3 points. But I'm reading we were

poor

lucky

hibdered by tactics

nothings changed since last match then... I can't comment otherwise. Saw nothing but disappointed to be reading this. Again. 

The first 60/65 minutes was as bad as most home games last year - woeful.  Wrong tactics, formation and possibly team selection.  However, whether it be luck but the last 20 minutes was better.  Kodija and Ayew very good and promising from Tish.  At the moment  I wouldn't know whether to stick or twist with RDM?  We simply should be doing better and the worrying thing for me is that I don't see the team improving from earlier in the season.  Maybe we need that one win?  One thing is for sure, we look very uncomfortable playing three at the back and need to scrap it.  A win this week and maybe we can kick on?  All in all tonight, not very good but nice to get a draw from a pretty crap performance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacbuddies said:

What we have just witnessed is not a fizzy pop fixture but a fixture between two Premier League teams that far outshine any of the shit in this division. Yes we only got a draw but the own goal from Elphick and the dubious offside decision for Jedinak's goal and the blatant penalty that resulted in a booking for diving are the margins that separate us from being at the top of the league to where we currently are. Newcastle are the best team we will play all season and we were all over them in the second half. The other teams in this division are merely cannon fodder and we need to treat them as such.

Wow! That is a very, very biased claret and blue view. Never a penalty and Jedinak was definitely offside.

The last 15 minutes show that we don't have poor players, we just need to use them right. The first 75 minutes were absolutely dreadful though and not the first time Di Matteo gets things completely wrong.

• Like 1

Â