lack of pattern and familiarity

Bacuna and a Westwood are depressing 

Positives:

massive game, we went behind to a fluke OG and battled back

Tshibola; he has to start

Gestede and Kodjia; they have to start

Grealish to come back after a spell on the naughty step

McScoremac should be back next game

We could've won it (disallowed goal and several forced corners at the end)

RDM hasn't had it easy, but needs to get a grip and quickly, but surely we are back to full strength next game?

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 3

Negatives:

Elphick - nowhere near as good as I thought he would be. Has all the bravado ala Joe Hart but the performances and continual risks are not good.

Westwood - Continues to be anonymous game after game, worrying really when he's in the most important position on the field.

Jedinak - Hate to be critical of a new player still finding his feet but Palace have mugged us off here, he's crap and appears to offer absolutely nothing to the team.

Positives:

Kodija looks a player

Amavi definitely has something to offer the team, defensively not the best but we should be on the front foot in most games in this league and he is an asset in terms of attacking intent.

Mccormack to come back to the team, definitely missed his link between the midfield and attack today

Manager:

Get rid as soon as possible please.

Edited by AVFCDAN

I was expecting them to give us a right shellacking, so to come away with a point is a decent result. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the game (or fortunately, from some of the comments here) so I can't comment on performance. Hope we build on this.

I cannot underestimate how much of an absolutely shocking decision it was from RDM to start 3 at the back and lose the extra man in midfield against a Rafa team who has been playing 4-5-1 since football has begun.  

It was a truly unbelievable decision,  something I'd expect from a Sunday league manager.  And Westwood man marking Diame?  What was that about.  Personally I think RDM is an absolute chancer.  

It's so negative,  what type of message does it send out to the players?  

• Like 1

It isn't rocket science that when we play players in the right position, we look a better team. 

RDM needs to be held accountable for that first half performance with utterly baffling tactics. 

We have some good players. We don't have a good manager. 

Newcastle are a better side than us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thug said:

Kodija, tshibola.  This is what happens when you buy the best players from teams that don't want to sell.

elphick, jedinak, De laet.  This is what you get when you buy players that can't get into their current sides.

Forget this must have championship experience bullshit, and go buy the best players from teams that we can bully in the transfer market. 

What did De Laet do wrong apart from get injured?

• Like 1

Was half watching a stream on my phone while doing something else and missed that the first goal was disallowed so thought we had won...sad times. 

Did have a few quid on the draw though so pain is mitigated somewhat. 

Need to use this to kick on now. Time for a win. 

4 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Jedinak - Hate to be critical of a new player still finding his feet but Palace have mugged us off here, he's crap and appears to offer absolutely nothing to the team.

I disagree. He contributes very much defensively, is strong and very good in the air. He is a great precence in the middle of the pitch. As seen today he is a threat on corners as well. His passing isn't always great, but at least he tries to drive the team forward. 

• Like 4

First half was unbelievably bad. Players not understanding one another and seemingly unable to weight a pass correctly. 

Second half so much better, Tish was a big difference and Kodjia was different class. Ayew needs to give it sometimes, although I was screaming that at him when he went on to hit the post. 

For me RDM knew he got it wrong and changed it. Got it right in the second half and we could have come away with all three points. Lots of positives going into the Barnsley game on Tuesday and hopefully a bit of confidence after gaining a point rather than dropping two. 

UTV

• Like 4

Â