• Ayew
    • Kodjia
    • Tishbola (Baker 45)
    • Gestede (Adomha 63)
    • Hepburn-Murphy (Westwood 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

I defended the 3-5-2 pregame. I was wrong. They were a class above first half.

Much better 2nd half but not enough to feel the 1-1 was a fair result.

Tish was immense. The last 15 minutes was awesome.

Much work to be done. Hopefully a lesson learnt for a very cheap price too.

Regardless of the talk about managers decisions and result I think this game showed us we have some serious players in Tish and Codger; and Adomah is an upgrade on Adama.

Now, if we can just show that last half hours urgency for 90 min every week . . . .

• Like 1

Ayew was magic second half and the Villa played some great football after Tish coming on. Newcastle should have been out of sight first half though after disastrous tactics by the manager. 

• Like 3

Hard to know what to feel, first half was so inept.

Taking Baker off seemed to be a bad decision but didn't prove that way, Tish, Amavi, Kodjia and Ayew (towards the end) were superb. Good to see Gollini have a steady game also.

Jedinak looks a slower version of Sanchez.

I pray to the old gods and the new, that Tshibola stays fit, what a difference! I keep repeating with our whole team fit, we are on it. Kodjia brilliant! Jedinak can't pass at all, Elphick was terrible, it really seems he can't handle too much pace and pressure. I'm hoping this is slow progression, coming from behind finally, as someone said went the opposite of our other games. Hopefully the next step is scoring, and keeping ahead. Some baffling substitutions, now not certain on RDM at all, as @TrentVilla has said, I fear this just may be papering over cracks.

• Like 1

Worst first half I've seen all season. Second half massive improvement. RDM needs to find a formation and team he wants to play and stick with it. Changing things at half time due to how the opponent is set up is fine but having to do it every game means you really haven't got a clue how to set up! I'm thinking we have the players to get us back up - just get Bruce in. 

Â