Pre match chit chat

Demitri_C

I shan't go to this one, because the atmosphere of late is getting me down, both on here and at the ground, but while I share the pessimism of most in this thread - I'm a born pessimist - I do wonder if they will come out and attack us, and whether that might not actually help us somewhat. We might also benefit if there's some noise from the crowd as well. 

There are 2 teams that we dont want coming to VP motivated enough in any way whatsoever so they would want to beat us and put the boot in.

SHA & The Toon

Watershed moment this.

If it goes badly early on the fans will turn a la McLose v Bolton

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I shan't go to this one, because the atmosphere of late is getting me down, both on here and at the ground, but while I share the pessimism of most in this thread - I'm a born pessimist - I do wonder if they will come out and attack us, and whether that might not actually help us somewhat. We might also benefit if there's some noise from the crowd as well. 

How quickly things turn eh. A few weeks ago everything was positive but now it's all gone to shit. I myself am a born pessimist but I think we will beat these. We always Piss on their glory . Im saying a good victory which will hopefully turn things around. UTV.

If fit, I'd go with the following:

--------------------------Gollini-----------------------

Bacuna---------Elphick-------Chester-------Amavi

Adomah-----Jedinak---------Tshibola-----Grealish

--------------Kodjia-----------McCormack-----------

Bench: Bunn, Richards, Cissokho, Westwood, Gardner, Gestede, Ayew

Honestly think we will sneak this 2-1.  Hope so anyway!

5 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

It's a 6 pointer

I take umbrage when this little gem is rolled out at the best of times, but how on earth does it apply when a title challenger plays a relegation battler? Rotherham was our "6 pointer" and i'm sure we only got 3 points for it!

• Like 1

Right I have had enough of all this negative clap-trap. Man up for heavens sake, enough of all this mopping about.  

If Newcastle were that good why are they with us in the second division? They couldn't even beat us last season. It's about time we gave someone a hammering.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

I know we're on a crap run, but damn the way some people talk about Newcastle on here you'd think we were going up against Real Madrid.

It's Newcastle United. They got relegated for being shit too. We can win this.

They also lost to Wolves at the weekend. They've played better than us so far but they aren't unbeatable.

Anita is a decent player so hoping his red card appeal is turned down. 

Personally, I think we've got a chance based upon this being at home and a 5pm kick off. Crowd will be up for it. Players will be up for it. It's a big game. You can say they should treat it like any other, Ipswich away for example but undoubtedly this is bigger.