Charity 24 Hour Game-athon

Ginko

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Rich-Stokes1

Hello chaps.

On November 12 of this year I shall be taking part in a 24 hour gaming marathon with a number of friends to raise money for Target Ovarian Cancer.

Last year one of my good friends from work, a beautiful young lady named Charlotte, was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at the tender age of 24. It came out of nowhere and was a big shock to all of us. She started her treatment right away and a couple of months ago was given the all clear and is in remission. Whilst she was undergoing treatment, herself and a couple of her friends started GRL PWR, a charity that raised money for Target Ovarian Cancer by making awesome t-shirts and raising awareness.

So some of us guys decided to get in on the act and my friend James asked me to take part. Fifteen of us will be crammed into James's bungalow (not a euphemism) on November 12 to play games for one complete rotation of our little planet. We each have a game of choice and each of us will also be taking some time out to race the Le Mans 24 hour race on Forza. I was feeling particularly masochistic and agreed to make my game Dark Souls 3, a game I love but have yet to complete because I can only play for an hour before tearing my hair out; 24 hours in a small house playing this game with 13 smelly men and one not so smelly lady is going to be an experience.

So yeah, I'm not expecting a massive response for this but I've been here a while and love all of you in your own wonderful ways, so any donation, no matter how small, would be massively appreciated. If you donate, I promise to give you at least one Like on the next post of yours I see.

Thanks for your time boys. **** cancer and UTV.

http://www.targetovariancancer.org.uk

Target Ovarian Cancer is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (No. 6619981).
Registered office: 2 Angel Gate, London EC1V 2PT. Registered charity numbers 1125038 (England and Wales) and SC042920 (Scotland).

• Like 2

Cool man! I think I would have made my game FFVII, simply as I enjoy it thoroughly, and i know it inside out - so it wouldn't frustrate me. I wonder if you will regret your choice. Good luck.

• Like 1

On 17/09/2016 at 16:57, hogso said:

Cool man! I think I would have made my game FFVII, simply as I enjoy it thoroughly, and i know it inside out - so it wouldn't frustrate me. I wonder if you will regret your choice. Good luck.

Fallout 4 for me,  i spent an hour on building last night and forgot to quest all together.

++ there is always stuff to do and find.