Pre-Match thread

chappy

11 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Oh dear.  Bacuna suspended...so Hutton, Richards or Back 3.  

Terrible, terrible or terrible.

Out of those choices, Hutton please. 

A back 3 is just not an option as we've seen recently. 

There is another option which is go 4-4-2 and just start with 10 men and no right back.  Tempting ...

• Like 3

It's 42 years since we've played Preston North End in the league.  Another fine old club with great heritage.  The last time was in the 2nd tier as well.

We drew that game 0-0 in Deepdale in January '74 after winning the Villa Park encounter 2-0 on the opening day of the 73/74 season with goals from Charlie Aitken and Trevor Hockey :thumb: (that was to be Hockey's only ever goal for Villa).

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Same again, only this time McCormack will come back in and Grealish will probably drop out.

We will still have no midfield, will still get overrun, will still fail to take any chances, and concede shit goals.

If he sticks with the same formation and plan we might start getting somewhere. They were better second half yesterday. 

He won't. It will be different again. 

2 hours ago, BOF said:

It's 42 years since we've played Preston North End in the league.  Another fine old club with great heritage.  The last time was in the 2nd tier as well.

We drew that game 0-0 in Deepdale in January '74 after winning the Villa Park encounter 2-0 on the opening day of the 73/74 season with goals from Charlie Aitken and Trevor Hockey :thumb: (that was to be Hockey's only ever goal for Villa).

the original Big 2 of English football ;)

• Like 2

----------------------------Gollini---------------------------

Richards------Elphick-----------Chester-------Amavi

---------------------------Jedinak---------------------------

--------------Westwood-------------Tshibola--------------

-----------------------------Ayew------------------------------

-----------------McCormack----Kodjia----------------------

subs:Bunn, Baker, Cissohko, Gardner, Grealish, Gestede, Adomah, RHM

We cant keep playing too many forwards.. Give Ayew a free role and let him have some protection with three midfielders. Just play our 30 million strikers UPFRONT. 

Richards is more of a goal threat than Hutton. Same with Amavi over Cissohko. We need to go for it and smash in 2-3 goals early to kill this game off. 

4-0 Villa. This is the game we break the shackles. Has to be. Or RDM will be gone come Monday. 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 2

Going up with my dad and brother, our first away game together for a few years due to dad having to take card of Mum when she was still with us. Staying at my best mate's place as he lives there. Should be a good piss up and a win would be nice to complete the weekend. But, can't help but feel another 1-1 is on the cards. 

Prediction

0-1 Kodjia

1-1 Hutton **** up

Hutton gets injured, carried off.

1-2 10 men Villa score - Ayew solo run

Richards comes on

2-2 Richards ****up

3-2 Richards gives away penalty

Irony being RDM's faith in Hutton & Richards gets him sacked.

Gaby cheering in the background singing ".....another one bites the dust"

VT implodes

• Like 2

Got to be a win otherwise I may have to post in "Roberto Di Matteo" thread. I have resisted thus far and it could lead to posts in the "Steve Clarke" thread and more frequent posts in the "What's your tipple this evening" thread. 

2-1 Villa. Got to show some courage for a change. 

I would go Richards at RB over Hutton. 

• Like 2