limpid

Match Poll  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Razor said:

If you fail to see the difference between losing to Liverpool in the Premier League and holding on against Ipswich in the Championship and not having a shot on target then you're really not worth discussing football with.

Yes, I think it would be best to leave it there. 

3 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

When are people going to understand that we are not entitled to win games just because we are aston villa? A lot of you might think we are far to superior to even grace this league....well we're not. Spending loads of money also doesn't mean we'll have an instant team!!

A point away at ipswich is a good result. Yes we have been lucky this time. I am a little concerned about rdm's tactical nouse but he has to be given time for us to find out if he is good or shite.

Let me put it this way.....8 games into graham taylors reign in the old second division we were woeful..absolute rubbish. I watched us lose 0-5 in the simod cup at home to bradford for gods sake!! Now I'm not saying rdm is the next gt, but he has to be given this season for him to get his ideas across.

This knee jerk squealing after every game is really pathetic and is why a lot of villa fans are called fickle..and rightly so. Grow some balls and back the team...its going to be a long hard season

agree entirely....i can remember GT and how difficult it was

i am convinced that the team will get better and stronger

5 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

When are people going to understand that we are not entitled to win games just because we are aston villa? A lot of you might think we are far to superior to even grace this league....well we're not. Spending loads of money also doesn't mean we'll have an instant team!

Better fan nonsense.

We're going backwards, the manager doesn't know how to set up the team (5 different formations so far) and we're dropping points all over the shop.

It isn't good enough.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

When are people going to understand that we are not entitled to win games just because we are aston villa? A lot of you might think we are far to superior to even grace this league....well we're not. Spending loads of money also doesn't mean we'll have an instant team!!

A point away at ipswich is a good result. Yes we have been lucky this time. I am a little concerned about rdm's tactical nouse but he has to be given time for us to find out if he is good or shite.

Let me put it this way.....8 games into graham taylors reign in the old second division we were woeful..absolute rubbish. I watched us lose 0-5 in the simod cup at home to bradford for gods sake!! Now I'm not saying rdm is the next gt, but he has to be given this season for him to get his ideas across.

This knee jerk squealing after every game is really pathetic and is why a lot of villa fans are called fickle..and rightly so. Grow some balls and back the team...its going to be a long hard season

But are we not entitled to win some games, just some times?  Not because we're Aston Villa, but just because everybody else gets to win.  Sometimes..

• Like 4

Gollini - flappy from corners, two really poor goal kicks in injury time that brought the pressure right back on us, a couple of camera saves from 30 yard free kicks? Far from convinced about him.

Baker - injured early on. One very good recovery tackle but still so poor on the ball.

Elphick - poor communication with Gollini, mistimed tackles, slow, mistimed headers. 

Chester - I was really hopeful about this signing - but like Elphick was beaten in the air a lot today and his distribution was poor.

Bacuna - no end product, second to every 50/50 ball. I'd hoped he could fill in for RDL but he was a waste of a shirt today. 

Amavi - better than Bacuna, he offered more of an outlet - but nothing came of his deliveries and he was still beaten often defensively. Funny to think we were so worried about keeping him over the summer? Can't imagine who would want him right now. 

Westwood - failed to impose himself on the game (shock). Such a nothing player. No drive, no final ball, pathetic challenges. 

Jedinak - better than Westwood. He's good in the air. Doesn't do anything with the ball though. Too often his first touch is just to send it back where it came from. 

Grealish - so weak under challenges. Loses the ball so often. He's slow too. The few times today he beat his man by cutting in, again there was no end product. I can't see room for him in our best eleven.

Ayew - our best player technically. He hangs onto the ball far too long, but he worked hard and fashioned his own chances. I think he's best out wide - not as a striker like today. I'd like to see two up front and him and Adomah on the wings.

Kodjia - looked good on the ball, struggled to win balls in the air against Berra/Chambers - this shouldn't be a shock. Good clearance off the line too.

Subs

Richards - slotted in nicely at the right of a back three... I was happy with him until Ipswich threw on two strikers right at the death and I remembered he has no brain, no clue who to mark and when to close down. 

Cissokho - solid. I guess Amavi still isn't fully fit? Waste of a sub really. 

Adomah - a couple of runs down the right, a couple of heavy touches. He's not the answer himself - but hopefully his natural width can help our overall play.

Ipswich are well drilled and made it very hard for us - but the sad fact is they should have won. Over the 90 minutes it was very even and in injury time they battered us (hit the post, off the line twice).

Even a division lower, as a team we're still very poor. RDM needs to find his best team ASAP. Our players are technically good at this level, he needs to find a system that works and motivate them fast.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Better fan nonsense.

We're going backwards, the manager doesn't know how to set up the team (5 different formations so far) and we're dropping points all over the shop.

It isn't good enough.

'It isn't good enough'.....sorry but I can't help but think that you were stamping your feet when you typed that :D

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Well said. I'm not happy either but we need to keep with them. Turning against them will do a lot worse than good imo.

• Like 4

In our position, with a tendency to capitulate c80 minutes, be grateful for small mercies.....at least the "black cat" wasn't rearing its ugly head.

I'll take the clean sheet away from home and a point.

This game is not the one to be down about its the previous ones. 

I don't think we will go up, unless there is a dramatic change in results and resilience....We just need to concentrate on improving game by game, we are looking far too ahead.

Edited by TRO

32 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Let me put it this way.....8 games into graham taylors reign in the old second division we were woeful..absolute rubbish.

Not so sure about that. We got 9 points from our first 8 league games with a couple of wins and 3 draws. We then went on a 10-match unbeaten run which gathered 22 points from 10 games and this provided the basis for our successful campaign that season

Unless you are predicting we are just on the cusp of a similar run, I think this is a misleading comparison.

(By the way, I hope we are just about to go on a successful run, it just doesn't feel that way at present, whereas in GT's season, there was a definite air by mid September we were getting our act together.)

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Â