Gareth Barry

ferguson1

We didn't treat him overly well when he left, but it's only because it hurt so much.  Man City, a team we always finished above in our top 4 near misses and now they had a shit load of money and it was hard to accept they were going to just gazump and take our best players in the process.

He was a bit of a knob over the whole Liverpool thing a year earlier though.  Still, a fantastic player and what a great career he's had.

He went to School with some of my family down in Hastings ... they have nothing but good things to say about him even from that age

Every England game I'd have to suffer buffoons saying he didn't belong in the team and wasn't good enough  ... by fans of Chelsea  , says it all really

• 10 months later...

Why? We've had a couple of chances to take him back and haven't done so, more fool us, he wants to be back in the midlands and they give him that chance and allow him to finish in the PL. I wish he hadn't gone to Man City but can't reall blame him, certainly don't wish him injury.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

terrible decision by club if we were offered him and didnt take him

His salary would have been out of our wage structure.

..but we managed to find the funds to pay fees and salaries on Tonev, Helenius, Luna, Okore and Kozak. Then the following season when he was available on a permanent we signed up Joe Cole, Senederos and Kieran Richardson, Cissokho and Sanchez.

Good deals. Good, Good deals.

Can you imagine if, 15 years ago, someone told you that on this day (yesterday) we'd be getting easily beaten by Reading in the 2nd tier of English football whilst Gareth Barry signs for West Brom.

I'd have laughed my sweet little tits off, not so funny now it's reality.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Can you imagine if, 15 years ago, someone told you that on this day (yesterday) we'd be getting easily beaten by Reading in the 2nd tier of English football whilst Gareth Barry signs for West Brom.

I just can't stop thinking about your sweet little tits.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yes I couldn't have imagined Barry would still be playing

Well, what a way to end a brilliant career, signing for the most boring, nondescript bunch of **** pricks. Can't say I wish you well, Gareth.

• 1 month later...
Â