Pre-Match thread

Brumstopdogs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got tickets, bringing my 9 year old for his first competitive away game. He was in a bit of a quandary as he's currently a goalie in the RFC pre-academy.

I work up the road so will be parking with ease too.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 07:16, perchman said:

Got tickets, bringing my 9 year old for his first competitive away game. He was in a bit of a quandary as he's currently a goalie in the RFC pre-academy.

I work up the road so will be parking with ease too.

Sounds like he will be conflicted. Hope you both have a wonderful day out.

13 hours ago, AJ said:

Sounds like he will be conflicted. Hope you both have a wonderful day out.

Thanks, he's not really that worried, he's a villan through and through, he's actually a bit peed off with the coaching at the academy....put it this way, their hearts aren't really in it.

Southampton asked about him but I'm not sure it's fair to have to take him there a couple of nights a week, he's only 9 and it's a good 100 mile round trip.....just a shame we're not near B6

Difficult to second guess the side for this one.

-----------------------Gollini-----------------------

Hutton------Chester--------Baker-----Cissokho

-------------Westwood----Jedinak--------------

Adomah------------Grealish----------------Ayew

----------------------Gestede---------------------

Looks unlikely - but the manager says Elphick and Richards are out and the others need a rest. 

Probably get pelters for putting out a side like this, but Christ knows what our best eleven is? We need fresh legs in the team for Tuesday that's for sure: 

-----------------------Gollini---------------------

Bacuna-----Chester--------Baker-----Amavi

-------------Lyden---------Westwood-----------

---------------------Tshibola---------------------

-------------------McCormack------------------

--------------Kodjia---------Ayew---------------

Subs:  Steer, Hutton, Cissokho, Gardner, Grealish, Adomah, Gestede

A score draw

I think we need to go back to basics on this one, just accept that our midfield is diabolical and try to pack it out to reduce us getting played through constantly and dominated. I would go for (assuming injuries are not going to improve):

Gollini

Chester  Baker Cissokho

Jedinak

Bacuna Tshibola McCormack Grealish

Kodija

When we have the ball Bacuna and Grealish can push forward, as can McCormack to support Codger, when we haven't got it  Bacuna and Grealish fall back and act like two wing backs/defensive mids to support the back three. I don't like not playing Ayew, but not sure how else to fit a decent(ish) midfield in. This could be an awful formation... I don't even know what to suggest, we're crap.

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think we need to go back to basics on this one, just accept that our midfield is diabolical and try to pack it out to reduce us getting played through constantly and dominated. I would go for (assuming injuries are not going to improve):

Gollini

Chester  Baker Cissokho

Jedinak

Bacuna Tshibola McCormack Grealish

Kodija

When we have the ball Bacuna and Grealish can push forward, as can McCormack to support Codger, when we haven't got it  Bacuna and Grealish fall back and act like two wing backs/defensive mids to support the back three. I don't like not playing Ayew, but not sure how else to fit a decent(ish) midfield in. This could be an awful formation... I don't even know what to suggest, we're crap.

Grealish as a wing back would be ridiculous! We certainly need a solid three in the middle of the park though. 

This is near to being a "must win" game if we are looking at being in the top six at the end of the season and a point would be handy if we are aiming for 50 points and safety :(. We have to win again sooner or later so why not now? Ayew, McCormack and Kodjia to score for us in a 3-1 win would be nice! 

--------------------Gollini 

bacuna-----Chester-------baker-------Amavi 

-----tshibola ------jedinak ---------lyden

------------------Ayew 

--------kodjia ----------------gestede 

• Like 3

Going - mostly for the away fan atmos. Not expecting anything from the game however. Doubtful much will change until the team have completed 30 'running bleep tests' and we've had the benefit of the shops open in January.

Currently, we're stuck in the Di Matteo Paradigm.