Pre match thread

Dirk

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Have to wonder why we are sustaining so many injuries so early in the season..

I know, seems we are always suffering with a number of players out 

11 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

think it'll be a 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 with Amavi on the left of midfield and Baker at left back. Amavi played there the other day so it seems like RDM likes him there, at least for the time being.

Gollini

Bacuna Elphick Chester Baker

Grealish Westwood Jedinak Amavi

Kodjia Ayew

Could also be Ayew RM with Grealish beind Kodjia. I imagine it'll be fluid, as usual.

No way, it has to be 3 at the back. If he has gone with a back 4 with Baker at left back he needs to be relieved of his duties with immediate effect :lol:

Very good formation,

Our Center Backs should not be under any intense pressure. If we get attacked on the wings, and our wing backs are caught out of position this will allow Jedinak to drop at deeper whilst one of the center backs covers the wing back position. Defensively we look covered. 

The midfield battle could be a bit tough because the lack of mobility this is why the support of the wing backs are going to be vital. I don't expect Jedinak and Westwood to control the game, the onus will be on the wing backs & Grealish to provide some sort of attacking intent and control to the game. I can also see Ayew dropping deep but hopefully this does not isolate Kodjia. 

Edited by Reivax_Villa

We needed balance...this looks balanced. Packing us out up top was never sustainable, even if they were all scoring, which they're not. I'd rather teams look at us and wonder how on earth they're going to break us down.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Apart from the 5 first teamers you mean?

There are alot of clubs in the premier leagu  and championship with 4/5 injuries. Its not an excessive number. Its fairly average.

You also have to remeber we signed Aaron Tshibola who have been injured for 202 days since October 2015, maybe we should exclude him from the data as he is always injured!

12 minutes ago, limvillian said:

The bench is piss poor. Very worried about having  no options on the bench when the certain second half onslaught begins. 

In what way is it poor. We are a Championship team and every one of those outfield players has represented their country.

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

There are alot of clubs in the premier leagu  and championship with 4/5 injuries. Its not an excessive number. Its fairly average.

You also have to remeber we signed Aaron Tshibola who have been injured for 202 days since October 2015, maybe we should exclude him from the data as he is always injured!

He said 5 first teamers out injured, not 5 squad players. There's a difference.

2 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Westwood FFS. We're playing with 10 men

Not having a pop but : 1. Gardner is not that good. 2. We aren't around bodymor Mon-fri. We don't see what the coaches see up close with Tshibola  re fitness, match sharpness. Westwood is what's available for today's game. Unfortunate but is how it is.