Pre match thread

Dirk

1 hour ago, bose said:

1508154_Dream_Team.jpg

If Adomah and Tshibola are fit to start, I would go with this. If not then Ayew and Westwood in.

Subs: Bunn, Ayew, Westwood, Baker, Amavi, Gestede, Gardner

This squad should at the very LEAST be challenging in the playoff spots. Di Matteo needs to deliver 3 points quickly.

Not a bad shout though i still think in time to come grealish's best position will be somewhere down the middle. He's very ponderous with the ball out wide. If we are sticking with Cissokho at LB I'd like to see amavi on the left wing. Grealish, and it's not a criticism, won't make a full back uncomfortable or run at him hard, not his game. Full backs need to shitting it against the other guy, Jack don't give us that out wide. His vision down the middle is what's gonna be his strong point in years to come imo.

Edited by Johnnyp
mistake

10 hours ago, Mantis said:

If we got a point through leading until the dying minutes of the game and then conceding yet another late equaliser a small part of me would rather us just lose 2-0 tbh.

I can see where you are coming from but I think deep down we would both prefer the point. I have never liked losing to Ipswich or to anyone come to think of it. ;)

1 hour ago, John said:

I can see where you are coming from but I think deep down we would both prefer the point. I have never liked losing to Ipswich or to anyone come to think of it. ;)

Obviously, but it really will be infuriating if it happens against for the 3rd time in the last 5 games.

• Like 1

Never liked Villa away in East Anglia, always seems tricky. Would like to see some proper leadership on the pitch today as we looked all over the place against Brentford. If we can get tighter at the back there are definitely goals in this team to take all 3 points.

I fear a 1-1 draw is on the cards but we certainly can win if we play well.

I think its time to stop the "please" for RDM and the team.

Time to show some balls, get the job done and come away with 3pts.

Stop all this faffing around and being scared to put a foot wrong.

Grow some and show 'em. 

I wanna see what you lot have between you legs, B*lls or a P*ssy

• Like 1

had a dream we were 2-0 up but the report said we were beginning to flag and tire - I woke myself up so it wouldn't turn into the inevitable nightmare of 2-2!

I'd pick (considering injuries)

...................Gollini

Bacuna.Elphick.Chester.Cissokho

..Westwood.Jedinak.Tshibola

Ayew........Kodjia.........Grealish

Subs: Steer, Baker, Richards, Gardner, Adomah, Gestede, Green

So who's available today?

Steer/Gollini

Elphick - Chester - Baker

Bacuna                              Amavi

Jedinak

Tshibola/Ayew

Ayew/McScore               Grealish

Kodjia

Bench Gollini/Steer Hutton & Richards (heaven forbid) Cissokho Westwood (oh dear) Gestede/Ayew/McScore

I really hope this new guy Bench can play GK RB CD LB DM CM LW & RW