• McCormack
    • Amavi (McCormack 45)
    • Bacuna (De Laet 67)
    • Gardner (Gestede 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, limpid said:

Where were you sat? Or is this just anecdotal? Could you get these friends to post? I sit in the front row of the Holte upstairs and I heard singing from behind me and below me. Not much, but it was there.

I have to say that I'm impressed your boss lets you sit and watch a whole football match at work. Any jobs going?

I work in football. Upper Holte. I was not there as it was midweek and I work in London, hence why I didn't claim to be. Of course there's a bit of singing, but the atmosphere is awful. How can that be denied? There are too many people who criticise when we are poor but don't give any encouragement when we are winning. Care to look at our home record over the past few seasons?

14 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Sorry but people need to get this:

You're not a better fan if you spend hard-earned money (if that's what you're implying) but are to the detriment of the team. Not saying you are - I don't know you. But if people go to games to sit there and whine, even when we are **** winning, I would rather they save their cash and buy their wife a present or something.

Wow.

Firstly, I never at any point said I was a better fan than anyone. Let's get that straight.

Secondly, are you seriously saying that fans who go to games are the cause of our poor form? Do you think that if we didn't go we would miraculously start winning? Are you serious when you say that if fans spend their hard earned money going to the games then they are a detriment to the team? 

Just now, One For The Road said:

Wow.

Firstly, I never at any point said I was a better fan than anyone. Let's get that straight.

Secondly, are you seriously saying that fans who go to games are the cause of our poor form? Do you think that if we didn't go we would miraculously start winning? Are you serious when you say that if fans spend their hard earned money going to the games then they are a detriment to the team? 

Well to address your second point, that's not what I said in the slightest.

1 minute ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Well to address your second point, that's not what I said in the slightest.

You wrote:

Sorry but people need to get this:

You're not a better fan if you spend hard-earned money (if that's what you're implying) but are to the detriment of the team."

Edited by One For The Road

I was at the Rotherham game, and we won. I've not been to any of the other games, and we've not won. Moral of the story is, you all need to club together, buy me a season ticket, and come and pick me up, and drive me home for every match. That way we'll definitely get promoted. It's up to you guys. If you love Villa, you know what you need to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

I work in football. Upper Holte. I was not there as it was midweek and I work in London, hence why I didn't claim to be. Of course there's a bit of singing, but the atmosphere is awful. How can that be denied? There are too many people who criticise when we are poor but don't give any encouragement when we are winning. Care to look at our home record over the past few seasons?

Who denied it? I'm disputing that "there is absolutely zero singing from five minutes after our goal". I even said "I'm not trying to defend what was not a good atmosphere".

3 hours ago, limpid said:

I have to say that I'm impressed your boss lets you sit and watch a whole football match at work. Any jobs going?

The Brentford game?  I think they are trying to get him to leave.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2016 at 15:19, dAVe80 said:

I was at the Rotherham game, and we won. I've not been to any of the other games, and we've not won. Moral of the story is, you all need to club together, buy me a season ticket, and come and pick me up, and drive me home for every match. That way we'll definitely get promoted. It's up to you guys. If you love Villa, you know what you need to do.

Same here, that win is my only game this season, but unlike you I don't really want to go :)

• Like 1

Â