Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Nottm Forest

limpid

Match Polls  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

We need to counter the fact that teams are going to lift when they play against us. Their goalie played like a man on fire for most of the match, and their goals came due to momentary acts of determination.  We played well, but we were tissue thin in midfield, and Gardner and Westwood are just not up to it. The talent is there, I just think we need to improve the mind game, then hopefully the wins will start rolling in.

• Like 1

Had a good chat with a few Forest fans in the Car park.  Unanimously shared my view that we murdered them, looked like a quality side, and were very unlucky not to win comfortably. They are hoping for Play Off places.

Like me, they found it hard to fathom the panic and anti RDM stance of some.

• Like 1

Yeah I'd agree with that RV. We have made improvements which has clear for everyone to see. The rebuild job was huge and we should be thankful to have any competitiveness bearing in mind the state of the team at the start of the summer. 

There is still a hangover at the club, it feels like we're a bit jinxed of something at the moment. But it's nothing that three straight wins won't sort out. 

Cant wait for Wednesday.

We just need a bit more time - in phases yesterday (large phases), they could not cope with us and to some extent, there has been these phases in others games played this season. We're a club with a stigma attached given recent seasons and this is still affecting us. 

I'd be looking keenly at a change or two in the middle of the park. It has been mentioned, but I do not think Gary Gardner is quite what we need at the moment. I felt he did a few good things early on yesterday and he did make some direct runs forward. However, a few individual errors, one leading to a goal and I and many around me were growing tired. Obviously, we want our own to do well but I think once injuries are cleared up, we have better options. 

Having just watched the game again on TV,  I really didn't appreciate just how dominant we were. It was almost one way traffic,  Forest were barely in the game,. 

We could very easily have scored 8 goals realistically out of our 26 attempts. 

We were strong all through the game,  no periods of struggle. 

Forest scored 2 freak goals totally against the run of play and their keeper played an absolute Blinder. 

I am feeling much better. We will definitely go on a run even without our best 2 midfielders to come back. Also a proper winger proven at this level. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Yeah I'd agree with that RV.

Whatever you do, do NOT agree with Rugeley.

he will think you're his best pal and try to stick a cucumber up your turd cutter.

:D

• Like 1

The problem here is that the people being accused of "Moaning" are actually making a fair judgement on the results so far.

If you think 1 win in 7 games in a league very much full of poor teams and an even poorer Luton team is acceptable, well that's up to you.

Any positivity at this point is based on the fact that we might get better results in the near future, it will be interesting to see what these same people are saying in another 4 games if we were to not pick up any more wins because 1 win in 10 is relegation form. Its very much in the balance at this stage that's for sure.

• Like 1

I've no problem with how we're playing. Our luck has to change.  It's incredible that the results bear so little resemblance to the performances so far, but that's where we are.  Someone's getting a hiding soon.  Hopefully on Wednesday.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I can't believe some fans are being so negative so early on. We have a good team who are exciting to watch and I just cannot see us not making the play offs.

I agree, my lad wants another day out at Wembley aswell. I really think we will go up via the playoffs. Get to Wembley and there honestly isn't a single team in this division that would worry me. 

I missed 1994 and 1996 due to being away with the military, and though i had a great day last year when we beat Liverpool, it was only a semi final. 

I would absolutely love to see us win something and the Playoffs represent a great opportunity imo. I said at the start of the season that if choose between going up automatically and going up via the playoffs, I'd choose the later every time. 

19 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

ONE WIN IN SIX IN THE LEAGUE! SIX =/= SEVEN!

Bloody hell. To the "things that piss me off that shouldn't" thread I think...

If we're talking about promotion race or league position then its 6.

If we're talking about RDM's record at Villa then its 7.

so in summary 6=7.  :P 

Â