limpid

Match Polls  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, JoeParker91 said:

I can't believe RDM didn't bring on Jedinak in central midfield, really was baffling leaving ourselves so exposed. 

Ayew was brilliant, hope this turns a few of his critics around. 

This. I think we were set up ok from the start, and if McCormack scores that open goal we're 1-0 up at half time.  They scored an absolute worldy out of nothing, and then he made a change that seemed baffling but absolutely worked.  At 2-1 though, I'd have got McCormack off for Jedi and squashed the midfield.

• Like 2

feels like groundhog day with this conceding late goals

I don't care how many players we have signed, we don't have the luxery of giving them time to settle into the team, we need results now, well RDM certainly needs results now, Xia won't stand for this after the money he has spunked on us

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

It's not just a case of not being clinical enough.

It's a case of not having a goalkeeper capable of making a save. Chester should have done better with the last goal, much better.

You can't blame the defence, we had Westwood in central midfield, on his own.... And a central midfielder run through us and a central midfielder scored. COMPLETELY ON RDM THAT.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

This. I think we were set up ok from the start, and if McCormack scores that open goal we're 1-0 up at half time.  They scored an absolute worldy out of nothing, and then he made a change that seemed baffling but absolutely worked.  At 2-1 though, I'd have got McCormack off for Jedi and squashed the midfield.

I don't think Jedinak is fit or surely he would start.

Just now, Mjvilla said:

You can't blame the defence, we had Westwood in central midfield, on his own.... And a central midfielder run through us and a central midfielder scored. COMPLETELY ON RDM THAT.

Yep. Two one up with a single central midfielder. It's a miracle that move worked, but it got us 2-1 up. Get Jedinak on then to offer some protection. If he wasn't fit enough to play then he shouldn't be on the bench. 

• Like 3

We had so many chances and just didn't finish, they were lucky as well with 2 chances, 2 goals. We were the better team, our midfield with Westwood and Gardner is weak but I'm encouraged by our new players. 

More luck, better shooting, our new midfielders playing and we will be a playoff team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villianusa said:

We'll get there, but this is tough to watch. At 2-1, Mile should have come on, and shut up shop. Instead, we leave midfield open and allow  player to run right through us.

we all knew it except our manager. Story of the last 5 years. Why did we stop attacking when we had so many attackers out there.. its like we sat back.. Should have brought Bacuna or Jedinak on for one of the attackers. Ridiculous management. Bond and Clarke? where is your 'experience'. Rubbish. 

Not bringing on Jedinak at 2-1 up with 10 mins to go was a big mistake. Can't see the **** using him as a witches hat like the rest of them.

First time in a long time I've seen an Aston Villa team come from behind to get in front, regardless of the end result. Seeing Gestede and Kodjia up front will give RDM some food for thought on his formation I think.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Certainly. You would have thought Jedinak would have come on as soon as we went into the lead.

But a goalkeeper anywhere near Championship standard today and we'd have won that game.

Â