Let's check in with Olof (Swedish Football)

Midfielder

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Seems Olly has not lost his temper (well he did) from his playing days :D

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/article23814624.ab

You'll have to Google translate, but he basically got sent off for telling the opposing teams American manager to" Sit down and learn Swedish you little f*****g clown" :D

Perhaps not the smartest thing to do considering he'll probably be suspended for the promotion deciding final game next week against the second placed side Vasalund.

Still funny thou.

I love Olof. Can't wait until he's earned his spurs in the lower leagues and then comes and leads us to our Champions League victory.

• Like 1

On 2016-10-27 at 21:15, Midfielder said:

Been a while since I Updated this. So let's begin where credit is due...

Congrats to NOELVILLA and Malmo FF , who with 2 games spare are crowned champions of Sweden's top division!

I'll recap on a VT Swedish table in due course. No obligation on anyone, just a bit of fun!

Unless I have missed anyone, allegiances (we all know Villa are your true loves) are as follows:

Noelvilla - Malmo FF

LondonLax - Hammarby IF

Djurgardens IF - Midfielder

Brommapojkarna - KUNG OLOF & Wainy316

Orgryte IS - Zatman

IFK Gothenburg - Mickelsen & Sne

GAIS - SexBelowSound

I'll do something with this in due course.

Also just to check in with Olof... let's see...

BROMMAPOJKARNA ARE TOP WITH TWO GAMES TO GO!

Level on points with Vasalund....

Bromma Boys are away at Nykoping on Saturday... but.... at home to none other than Vasalund on Sunday the 6th...

I'll update this thread after the next set of fixtures and have some fun with the teams listed above... but all eyes on Bromma!

Ahem

mkJeX.png

6 hours ago, sne said:

Seems Olly has not lost his temper (well he did) from his playing days :D

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/article23814624.ab

You'll have to Google translate, but he basically got sent off for telling the opposing teams American manager to" Sit down and learn Swedish you little f*****g clown" :D

Perhaps not the smartest thing to do considering he'll probably be suspended for the promotion deciding final game next week against the second placed side Vasalund.

Still funny thou.

he was just thinking of Lerner and the pain he put villa through when he said that

• Like 1

On 22 September 2016 at 14:53, Midfielder said:

Im set to move to Hereford in early November.... but if I am free on Sun 6th November i can feel a mini city break coming on.........

My Villa shirt even has Mellberg 4 on the back anyway, im sure i wouldnt get my head kicked in wearing that. IF i make it.

Have you moved yet midfielder? I am just down the road in Leominster but work in Hereford. What brings you to the area?

Managed to get himself locked in at the stadium for an hour after the final whistle and missed when his team celebrated the promotion :crylaugh:

There is a really funny video in one of the Swedish tabloids of him standing on the roof shouting trying to get attention so someone with a key can come and help him down, followed by an interview.

Sadly I can't seem to link or embed the video...

Gotta love Olly!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

So is there a big jump in quality from Division 1 up to the Superettan?  Like semi-pro to pro?  Or is it 'just' a normal level jump.

There is quite the jump in overall quality, but not between the top teams in Division 1 and the average team in Superettan, since there really is no money in domestic Swedish football.

Olof's team BP played in the top tier Allsvenskan only as late as the 2013 or 2014 season and are considered to have the best youth academy in the country. Or used to anyway, Malmö FF or IFK Norrköping are probably better atm at producing talents.

Brommapojkarna (BP) have a very solid foundation (not financial mind thou) but Olof is already touted for bigger and better things. Would not be overly surprised if he was in the discussion for both the Djurgården and Hammarby job.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Have you moved yet midfielder? I am just down the road in Leominster but work in Hereford. What brings you to the area?

No fella, it's ben a "month off" for about six weeks now. It's definite though... Leominster eh, yeah that is close, I did look at a place in 'The Mallards' if you know that, didn't as was too exp for what I could afford. What brings me to the area? Have lived in Brum, Manchester, Liverpool, Northumberland, Worcester, Gloucester(ish) then Hereford(shire)...

In a belated way, for the first time it will literally be "home" albeit a totally new venture. Socially, residentially and personally... Why... bridges burned here, related to break up with ex last year... all v messy. New start and all, and in time, hopefully employment in Hereford. Plus, the fact I need some chill space. Hereford I've only ever attended meetings at, always loved the drive, the fields, the greenery and I might be wrong but the people too, down to earth and quirky. Could be wrong tho!

I plan to catch some Hereford FC games too, as well as trips to VP of course!

3 hours ago, sne said:

There is quite the jump in overall quality, but not between the top teams in Division 1 and the average team in Superettan, since there really is no money in domestic Swedish football.

Olof's team BP played in the top tier Allsvenskan only as late as the 2013 or 2014 season and are considered to have the best youth academy in the country. Or used to anyway, Malmö FF or IFK Norrköping are probably better atm at producing talents.

Brommapojkarna (BP) have a very solid foundation (not financial mind thou) but Olof is already touted for bigger and better things. Would not be overly surprised if he was in the discussion for both the Djurgården and Hammarby job.

Sne - thanks for this , with the season closing, I'll do a round up. I've been meaning to do this for ages. One of the things I wanted to do when starting this thread was also 'touch base' (I hate that phrase) with Swedes, on matters relating to Swedish football, educationally for myself and any others who may be interested.
I'll post up (I know I keep saying that) in more detail soon, what I mean. But to tap into the sort of stuff that Wikipedia doesn't say, no biggie. To learn more about the leagues, the teams etc.

Then next season, get this thread updated and do something "fun" with the teams who have been affiliated in previous posts... anyway. I'll be back on later, checking this at lunch

But congrats to Mellberg and Bromma.

Cheers all Swedes and Scandinavians who have contributed to this thread. I'll tap you up real soon :wub:

• Like 2

I doubt the step is that huge that they couldnt survive, as mentioned Bromma while not huge have been in top flight and even Europe in recent seasons so I would imagine they should do OK.

also the Mellberg factor could probably attract better players than what they currently have

• 2 weeks later...

Former Swedish great and Celtic legend Henrik Larsson, now manager for Helsingborg IF in the Swedish Allsvenskan just managed to get his team relegated from the top flight :crylaugh:

Must say I'm delighted by this as the man has zero personality and is acting like a petulant spoiled brat in every interview. Shame for all HIF fans thou.

The game (over 2 legs) is the Swedish equivalent of the English Play Off final and is worth a whopping projected £1.5 million :D.

Not quite the same money involved in Swedish football...

Will be an epic post game interview by all accounts.

And to think some people wanted Larsson as Swedish manager not long ago.

Edit: Ugly scenes now as Helsinborg "fans" are storming the pitch and stripping the home players of their jerseys. Larsson's son Jordan (who scored their goal) was reportedly punched by one of the pitch invaders.

Edited by sne

Â