Let's check in with Olof (Swedish Football)

Midfielder

En post om svensk fotboll och Malmö FF nämns inte. Boooooh!!! Bara skojar :) Jag följer inte med som jag gjorde förr men jag kan nog bidra med något i denna tråden.

A post about Swedish football and Malmö FF are not mentioned. Booooh!!! Just kidding :) I don't follow as I used to do but I think I can contribute a little bit to this thread.

Yes he did. Not many from Bromma have made it internationally but many have had good careers in Sweden. On the top of my head.

Bojan Djordjic; huge prospect for Man Utd who didn't make it in the end.

Albin Ekdal; signed by Juventus at a young age. Now in Hamburg.

Simon Tibbling; in Groningen. Villa should watch him closely IMO.

8 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

En post om svensk fotboll och Malmö FF nämns inte. Boooooh!!! Bara skojar :) Jag följer inte med som jag gjorde förr men jag kan nog bidra med något i denna tråden.

A post about Swedish football and Malmö FF are not mentioned. Booooh!!! Just kidding :) I don't follow as I used to do but I think I can contribute a little bit to this thread.

Ha! Hej @NoelVilla ! I see one there for Malmo. To newcomers, unless I'm corrected, Malmo are pretty much the Manchester United of Swedish football, who are vying with champions Norrkoping for top spot, two thirds of the season through with ten games remaining. My Man Utd link is also cyclically ironic too in that let's not forget, Malmo were the team that found, blooded, and introduced Man Utd's Zlatan Ibrahimovic to the world.

A bit of nostalgia now, everyone remembers the Zlatan overhead versus England amongst other many crazy Zlatan goals, but in his time post-Malmo when sold to Ajax, he did this (and if you're seeing this for the first time then you are in for a treat):

If you watched that, notice Rafael Van der Vaart (in the stands, shirt tie suit etc) there as the camera cut to him. Now I could be wrong but from what I remember, Zlatan and VdV didn't get on at Ajax all the time. VdV saw himself as the big man at Ajax and didn't take well to losing some spotlight to the rising star of Zlatan. Now if that was me missing the game through injury but watching as a spectator (even if I had a beef with a player), seeing a team mate score a Maradona-esque goal like that I would be going nuts, out of respect for the football on show, the sheer brilliance of the goal, the pure spectacle of what just happened on the pitch. No, that expression says a lot. I pulled a look like that once, when I opened a Christmas present thinking it was going to be a Sega Megadrive and no it was some damn chemistry set. You have to be a right proper g1mp to be disappointed seeing YOUR TEAM score a wondergoal like that.

Anyway, this is old stuff and trivial. I will post more updates, follow what's happening at the top of the Allsvenskan and with Olof. And an occassional check-in with Henrik Larsson too as I hope he can guide Helsingborgs just that bit further away toward no-risk safety, no relegation play off hassles. 

Key upcoming fixtures:

Both Allsvenkan title chasers are at home, Malmo's tie the much trickier of the two versus IFK Gothenburg (and Norrkoping take on Jonkopings).

Two divisions below, Mellberg's Brommapojkarna have a slight bit of pressure now with them being knocked off top spot by Vasalund in their 3-0 win over Pitea today. Their opponents, Vasteras, are the second highest scorers in the division and this will be a tricky tie (Monday). However, although Bromma aren't goal shy, currently 4th highest scorers this is of note, and you can bet you-know-who has a great deal to do with this: Brommapojkarna have the best defensive record of the division with a miserly 12 goals conceded in 17 games, significantly lower than any other team in the division. On a plate:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Division 1 North

Monday

Vasteras v Brommapojkarna

Allsvenskan

Sunday 

Norrkoping v Jonkopings

Monday

Malmo:wave: v IFK Gothenburg

-----------------------------------------------------

Edited by Midfielder
typos
  • Like 1

selected results

DIV1 NORTH

Monday

Vasteras 1 v 1 Brommapojkarna

Allsvenskan

Sunday 

Norrkoping 5 v 1 Jonkopings --- which sees Norrkoping keep pace with Malmo one point behind and 9 games remaining

Monday

Malmo:wave: 3v 1 IFK Gothenburg - which sees Malmo retain top spot

UPCOMING

ALLSVENSKAN

Friday 16th

Jonkopings v Hammarby - With VT's LondonLAX seeing a chink in the Jonkopings armour (after Norrkoping's demolition job)

Sunday 18th

Djurgardens v Malmo - A minor VT battle, Midfielder v NoelVilla. Malmo though, leading the division but a thin 1 point advantage.

DIV 1 NORTH

Sunday 18th

Brommapojkarna v IFK Lulea - Surely a home win for Mellberg's boys! The Bromma Boys are 2 points behind, 8 games remaining.

Pitea v Vasalunds - Should be a formality for division leaders Vasalunds.

Edited by Midfielder

6 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Malmö lost today and there was no help from the neighbours Helsingborg as they lost to title rivals Norrköping. Any other manager in Helsingborg than Henrik Larsson would have been sacked long ago. Olof's BP won.

Larsson is a shocking manager, not just at Helsingborg. If he wasnt a famous player he would have been sacked long ago and not allowed manage again ala Iain Dowie

• Like 1

Â