Weekends football 9/11 September

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

tbf I don't know what else he could do, great free kick, great save, hit the bar, hit his back went in

Absolutely, i wasn't intending to mock Cech for the goal, just the comedy nature of it. 

I've not seen one single minute of Premier League football this season and I have no intention of doing so. I haven't seen a single goal or read about what's happening in the press. The Pep v Mourinho rubbish is exactly the kind of nonsense that makes me despise modern football. Ill leave such debates for the Thai's in the Bangkok Man United supporters club.

What I will say, is that its heartbreaking to see us slogging it out with Rotherham and Burton when the Premier League is bigger than ever. As much as I hate the Prem, it's horrible Villa not being in it.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I've not seen one single minute of Premier League football this season and I have no intention of doing so. I haven't seen a single goal or read about what's happening in the press. The Pep v Mourinho rubbish is exactly the kind of nonsense that makes me despise modern football. Ill leave such debates for the Thai's in the Bangkok Man United supporters club.

well you just missed one of the most enjoyable games over the past few years. 

people who moan about all the sky build up/hype is redic. You do know you can turn the tele on at 12:30. and turn it off as soon as FT right? Its all totally avoidable and not even worth a mention. Some people clearly enjoy it. Some people dont. Theres nothing wrong about it. To go out of your way to avoid football is kind of funny because of it

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

What I will say, is that its heartbreaking to see us slogging it out with Rotherham and Burton when the Premier League is bigger than ever. As much as I hate the Prem, it's horrible Villa not being in it.

I hear what you're saying, apart from taking the time to watch the Manc derby this afternoon I haven't watched a single minute of Premier League football this season. I just don't feel interested in it, the results don't matter without Villa involved. 

There are plenty of things wrong with modern day football, not least they money and the way they press report on it. I'm enjoying the Championship and how refreshing it is, but I still want Aston Villa back in the top flight ASAP. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gharperr said:

well you just missed one of the most enjoyable games over the past few years. 

people who moan about all the sky build up/hype is redic. You do know you can turn the tele on at 12:30. and turn it off as soon as FT right? Its all totally avoidable and not even worth a mention. Some people clearly enjoy it. Some people dont. Theres nothing wrong about it. To go out of your way to avoid football is kind of funny because of it

Who said I was going out of my way to AVOID football? I'd have to go out of my way to watch it!! I still go down the Villa of course but I see no point in watching the Premier League this year. That's just my view. Each to their own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

watching Arsenal, ozil doing what he does, quality when he's interested but just drifts in and out of games, cazorla is huge for them, bossed a good portion of this game, chamberlain is garbage

I'm watching this, i've been really impressed with Southampton actually. They have had a couple of really dangerous looking counter attacks that have fizzled out due to poor final balls, but they look good. Not sure about the 2 Arsenal signings, i know its incredibly harsh to judge anyone on 45mins football, but for the money they just seem Meh. 

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Stoke are in huge trouble at the moment

Was just going to say....they will leak goals constantly this season against decent attacks as Given simply can't dive at his age now and is incapable of keeping clean sheets now in the premier league.

Arsenal....1 win in 8 seasons at Stoke.

Spurs....6 wins in 9 seasons!

Â