Pre match thread

Dirk

2 hours ago, Lomaski said:

I can't see where the optimism is coming from. As long as our defence continues to play like school girls, we will always be up against it when playing teams with any attacking ability. Rotherham and Derby had nothing going forward, hence clean sheets. Brentford are scoring a few and therefore I can see a score draw as our best result. If we start putting more of our chances away, we could win 4-2 or a similar scoreline but i've seen nothing to suggest we will start doing that.

Only Bristol City have more shots per game than we do. 

We have created more chances (key passes etc) than anyone else in the division.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Anyone know if the motorway entrance to the M6 at the spaghetti junction will be open tomorrow?

Due to that being closed it took me nearly 3 hours to get home on Sunday, not gonna bother going if it's shut again...

At Salford Circus? It's shut until Christmas.

1 minute ago, KJT123 said:

I think these will provide a sterner test than Forest. Can see it being quite high scoring with both teams strong going forward. 

They're the moneyball team in this division, so it'll be interesting if nothing else.

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

With all the respect due to Brentford, and the Championship in general, if we can't beat teams like this at home, we might as well give up. I think we'll win by more than one goal.

I dont think its possible for this team to win by 1 goal!

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

I dont think its possible for this team to win by 1 goal!

They already have! :P I get what you're saying though. Hopefully with Jedinak and possibly Tsh back, we'll be a bit more sturdy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Anyone know if the motorway entrance to the M6 at the spaghetti junction will be open tomorrow?

Due to that being closed it took me nearly 3 hours to get home on Sunday, not gonna bother going if it's shut again...

Google maps or Waze brah. 

Assuming everyone's fit again (not sure about Tshi?), I'd start with Kodjia and McCormack in a front two, and this midfield:

Ayew      Tshibola    Jedinak    Grealish 

McCormack

Kodjia                 

Then bring Gestede on for Tshi (or more likely Westwood) if we can't break them down.

Not so concerned about this as Newcastle soon after. We need to get motoring and start clicking and building momentum, to lose to the Mackems would be devastating and we would be about 15 points behind them too.

Edited by thunderball

chester/de laet    elphick    baker

adomah   jedinak       tish    grealish/amavi

ayew     mccormack

kodjia/gestede

just to try it. i think ayew and mcgoals both play best at no.10 so change of formation to try it out? all out attack at home and see how we get on

• Like 1