Pre match thread

Dirk

If we don't win the Forest match, I'm genuinely intrigued to know what's gonna happen in this match. Brentford are playing Brighton before us, two hard fixtures for them. Hopefully they'll think of Brighton as the team they can get a hope of getting something.

Don't get me wrong, Brentford are a class side, I just think their signing quality could've been a bit better. They've thought too much about the future and not enough about the present, their push for promotion. As a Brentford fan I'd be ecstatic with the signing of Rico Henry, but honestly, a League 1 side can't win you games in the championship.

It all depends on the Forest result for us and the team and result they get from their Brighton match. If they start a rotation side against Brighton, we've got something to worry about. If we lose the Forest game, we could potentially lose this one also.

Still, I know it's a bit early, but I'm predicting a 1-0 Villa. I could be completely wrong though.

Missed today due to illness. Was hoping to be better for this. Might not bother. Sick of seeing us make stupid mistakes and give away crap goals. Bored of not being able to be happy with a lead because you just know it isn't going to last. How can we still have this mental fragility after the wholesale changes we made? It doesn't make sense. 

Gollini

RDL     Elphick    Chester    Cissokho

Jedinak        Tshibola

Ayew         McCormack            Kodjia

Gestede 

Edited by KJT123

44 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Whatever the result I imagine Tony and most fans would give RDM more than 2 games with his new squad.

Fail to beat Brentford and lose to Ipswich (which is highly likely) and serious questions will have to be asked. He has pissed a lot of money up the wall

In a strange way, I'd take a 1-0 win where we comfortably see out the game over some 4-2 barnstormer.

21 minutes ago, KHV said:

Fail to beat Brentford and lose to Ipswich (which is highly likely) and serious questions will have to be asked. He has pissed a lot of money up the wall

Ridiculous hypberole. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 4