Overwatch

RunRickyRun

On 11/16/2016 at 15:07, V01 said:

She's shit, and you can guarantee she'll be in your team every round. 

Shit?! Rapid fire, 60 clip, with almost no recoil or spread, plus an escape, ability to flank easily, and a game winning ult. 

Her passive is also incredibly strong if you have decent comms with your team. She's looking fantastic so far, I think.

29 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Shit?! Rapid fire, 60 clip, with almost no recoil or spread, plus an escape, ability to flank easily, and a game winning ult. 

Her passive is also incredibly strong if you have decent comms with your team. She's looking fantastic so far, I think.

Team comms?

Have you played this game? 

In fairness I'm yet to see a good Sombra, granted I've just hit 25 so my experience is quickplay but as someone who mains Lucio I've been crushing her 1 on 1 around 80% of the time. All I've seen anyone who uses her do is hack a healthpack then get squashed trying to go 1v1. 

I can see her being good at higher skill levels with a decent team set up but so far I haven't been impressed

Again I've only played quickplay so far and am yet to see a halfway decent team comp, at least half of my games have been me as Lucio and a Sombra with 4 out of Hanzo, Widowmaker, Soldier, Pharah, Tracer, Genji, McCree. It has been a very droll road to 25 but at least now I can join some people in competitive and there should be enough of us to have a decent team comp regardless of what any random picks.

Ha, playing with randoms in QM is a crap shoot for sure.

I think Blizzard will face a similar problem balancing this that they have in Heroes, for example, where there are some ults that just win the game, if your team coordinates, but that are useless with an uncoordinated team. Zarya's is one in OW, so good, but if you don't line it up with the rest of your team it's wasted. Used at the right time, it just wins a point and turns the game.

Sombra being able to see low health players through walls is just so damn good. Often I try and pick them off myself, but if I can't and I'm playing in a group, I'm telling my Tracer, Reaper or Genji who and where they are for basically free kills. It's an incredible ability.

Hack has won me games as well. On the point, won a team fight, Mercy starts to run in...quad res to win the game? Not today, bitch.

Really enjoying the 3 vs 3 mode.  I know it's early days but Mercy is a badass in it at the moment, I'm having huge success with her.  Obviously healing is important in a mode with no health packs but the buff Mercy got in the patch (her self heal kicks in after one second instead of three) means she's really strong at the moment.

PgbwPI2.jpg

Dunno how much of this is the people I'm playing against but people don't expect Mercy to come at them with her blaster and I've got kills in every round with that while still being able to keep team mates topped up and damage boosted.  The rez is awesome if the game goes long too, it's won several rounds for me.  Try her, she's great. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, V01 said:

Team comms?

Have you played this game? 

In fairness I'm yet to see a good Sombra, granted I've just hit 25 so my experience is quickplay but as someone who mains Lucio I've been crushing her 1 on 1 around 80% of the time. All I've seen anyone who uses her do is hack a healthpack then get squashed trying to go 1v1. 

I can see her being good at higher skill levels with a decent team set up but so far I haven't been impressed

Again I've only played quickplay so far and am yet to see a halfway decent team comp, at least half of my games have been me as Lucio and a Sombra with 4 out of Hanzo, Widowmaker, Soldier, Pharah, Tracer, Genji, McCree. It has been a very droll road to 25 but at least now I can join some people in competitive and there should be enough of us to have a decent team comp regardless of what any random picks.

Yeah, you are showing your inexperience with this post.  Solo queue is how I've mostly played but I've been in parties of all sizes between rolling with just one other and a full stack of six.  When people are in groups they tend to be a bit more organised in terms of team comp and communication.  

Had a bit of a blast during the free weekend on my PC last night (which managed to run the game fairly well considering it's only had a new GPU and extra RAM stuck in since 2008) - I only had a go on the tutorials and play against AI stuff, but I enjoyed it - the colourful environments and general gameplay reminded me a lot of some of the later UT versions.

I'm quite tempted by the 40% off offer, but the lack of free time and interest from my old WoW/D3 buddies to team up for some online shootering puts me off as much:P

Had a 1 vs 3 (well, kinda, their soldier had just killed our guy when I engaged him) and won.   Always satisfying.  

Also I go at pains to stress I'm not really very good at this game but some people are actively bad.  In round three of this match I get one shot from Hanzo across the map so I spend a couple of minutes watching our Roadhog who's seems almost blind to where the enemy is. The way he dies is hilarious.   Next round I wonder if their Hanzo is going to pull the same trick as he did when he one shot me and he did.  He got shot in the back for being so presumptuous. :D 

Video starts as the round goes 1 vs 3 if you are interested. 

Edited by The_Rev

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 00:01, The_Rev said:

Really enjoying the 3 vs 3 mode.

It's nice as something different alright. I find Ana and Roadhog to be the best for it. Some interesting changes upcoming for Symmetra, Second Ulitmate option and new "floating shield". She might actually be useful when it's released. 

Season 3 has started.

Finished my placement matches. Went 5-4-1 and I'm in the top 1% for eliminations per minute, Damage done per minute and k/d...

torb.jpg

...Placed in silver @ 1789 (bottom 4% of players) :unsure:

Serves me right for picking Torbjorn though :D

• 1 month later...
Â