Overwatch

RunRickyRun

110 hours pumped into this so far. Liking the look of Sombra but as far as I can see they haven't set an actual release date for her yet...

On another note, I love the support Blizzard are throwing behind this game. Sombra, new arcade modes and new maps coming soon.

Edited by briggaman

4 minutes ago, briggaman said:

110 hours pumped into this so far. Liking the look of Sombra but as far as I can see they haven't set an actual release date for her yet...

No date yet. she's on the PTR this week, they'll keep her on there and tweak it until it's ready rather than pushing her out to a deadline. Best way to do it, IMO.

• Like 1

It's unreal how dense people are on this.

I went back to some quick play after finding competitive tough (I was ranked gold after 3 weeks of playing so I'm out of my depth) and I was Reinhardt on attack. Kept spamming 'group up with me' but my whole team decided to go in 1 by 1 and get killed.

Annoying.

Every time I think I'm having fun in this game, I have a match against Mei. The most blatantly anti-fun chracter I've seen in any PVP game. Losing control of your character is just frustrating. There are other characters it's annoying to play against. Junktrat, Hanzo, they can blow you out of the game before you can do a damn thing, but it doesn't match the frustration of being frozen by Mei. Her main attack is bullshit, and the radius on her ultimate seems ridiculous considering it takes effect basically instantly.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's unreal how dense people are on this.

I went back to some quick play after finding competitive tough (I was ranked gold after 3 weeks of playing so I'm out of my depth) and I was Reinhardt on attack. Kept spamming 'group up with me' but my whole team decided to go in 1 by 1 and get killed.

Annoying.

If you can't beat them, join them. I usually switch to a dps only Mercy or a flanking no shield Reinhardt if my team sucks.

For me the trick to getting into platinum was to main Lucio for a bit. Switch his jump L2 and just spam it on or near the objective. Problem with hitting your skill ceiling in competitive is that you will get your arse handed to you - It's far more fun to drop down and dominate.

Reinhardt really needs two people with him to be truly effective. You want a healer and a DPS behind that shield or you might as well pick a different tank. Problem is in random games everybody wants to be a lone wolf. If you've got a team of flankers or snipers then go Roadhog, D.Va or Zarya. 

It's not all about the shield with Rein though. It has it's place, but he's fantastic just getting in people's faces and **** them up, especially if he has a pocket Anna.

When approaching a sieged up area with turrets/Bastions the shield comes out, and it's always there for when a big ult is being popped, but most of the time I'm swinging my hammer and taking out squishes with flame strike.

I'm about a 50/50 split on Rein/Mr Hog. D.Va I mostly play on KoTH for zoning with her ult.

Edited by Davkaus

19 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Every time I think I'm having fun in this game, I have a match against Mei. The most blatantly anti-fun chracter I've seen in any PVP game. Losing control of your character is just frustrating. There are other characters it's annoying to play against. Junktrat, Hanzo, they can blow you out of the game before you can do a damn thing, but it doesn't match the frustration of being frozen by Mei. Her main attack is bullshit, and the radius on her ultimate seems ridiculous considering it takes effect basically instantly.

That reminds me, I killed Mei with Reaper once and she dropped a soul.  I need to file a bug report with Blizzard. 

• Like 2

Just had two quick games.  First was this:

TPDj8Ba.jpg

Immediately followed by this:

3AVjUdU.jpg

Healers ftw.  I'm tempted to retire as undefeated champion of Overwatch now.  

38 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Just had two quick games.  First was this:

TPDj8Ba.jpg

Immediately followed by this:

3AVjUdU.jpg

Healers ftw.  I'm tempted to retire as undefeated champion of Overwatch now.  

You're on ps4 right? Fancy a few games later?

Â