Sea of Thieves

hogso

22 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Kraken encounters are starting to leak out despite NDA agreements . Pics in spoiler tags, Don't look if you don't want to see them...

Reveal hidden contents

tuXS5ON.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

0KGY1YT.jpg

Why is he trying to defeat it with a pool cue?

• 1 month later...

The boy is already casually dropping in how he thinks he is coming down with something so he can be ill on release day to play this instead of go to school

I hope it lives up to his expectations  ... the youtube videos of it he's been showing me of the game play  look decent enough

4 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Free with game pass in 10 hours so will have a look but i don't really like online co-op stuff so will more than likely just be a look.

If you change the time zone on your x-box (or whatever presumably ) to Australia it’s free now ... the boy was so desperate to play he gave it a try ... and now he and his mates are playing it 

I've watched some of GBs and Eurogamer's coverage of this today.

Good grief does it look shallow. There's very little to it as far as I can tell. Possibly even less than I suspected there was initially.

The very epitome of wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle.

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

I've watched some of GBs and Eurogamer's coverage of this today.

Good grief does it look shallow. There's very little to it as far as I can tell. Possibly even less than I suspected there was initially.

The very epitome of wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle.

Agreed, the new quests are very much more of the same but a bit bigger and there is very little of them. It seems like after a couple of hours you will have seen it all. It is a shame but not unusual that games are sold at release as a shadow of what they could be and indeed could still become. I can't see the player base hanging around waiting for more content unless it comes out really quickly and regularly.

The boy is enjoying it with his school mates  , maybe 13 year old boys is it's target audience ?

I was kinda amused watching another pirate board his boat and run off with a chicken in the cage .. my son shot him in the back and got a "Coward " award  from the game :) 

it looked fun enough , least it's stopped him playing Ark for a while  :mellow:

The thing is not every game needs to be a deep complex story with 20 different controller inputs, sometimes just being fun for a few hours is enough and basically what games used to be about.

The only problem with that is that it needs to be priced accordingly, in this instance if people are playing it free with game pass then there really isn't much to complain about. Maybe as a 50 quid AAA title its priced wrong though.

The thing is with Game Pass now, you may aswell "trial" any Xbox Exclusive Game for a month by signing up to game pass for £3 or whatever it is. Then if you're still playing the game after a month, you can probably pick it up in a deal or second hand or something.

The Game Pass is very pro-consumer I think.

As for this game, everyone i've seen playing it on streams and stuff look to be having fun like JackFrags etc... but not sure it's for me. 

I think if you have 4 people playing together (whether this be online or all in the same house) it could be fun, As a single player game it doesn't really offer a great deal as you can't defend yourself against anyone. As with any game like this though there do seem to be reports of some people just hanging around the spawn spots & destroying people continually which wouldn't be much fun if you happen to end up on the wrong server

The thing is that almost any game is fun if you have 4 friends playing together.  To be worth £50 it has to do rather more than give a canvass on which your pals can create all the content via role playing etc.  That said I do still like Sea of thieves, I just hope they have not finished yet.

42 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I’ll be picking it up in the next week so if anyone wants to buddy up let me know.

If you haven't already tried gamepass you can get a 14 day free trial from the microsoft store and you can also get an additional month for £1.39 from cdkeys.  This would let you play sea of thieves & 100+ other games for 6 weeks for the princely sum of £1.39 if you wanted to try it properly before you buy it & it will likely be down to £20 on shopto/amazon by then anyway

Makes me sea sick. Had to pull out my cutlass so I had a fixed point to look at. 

Had fun messing about with mates but I don't see it being something I put a massive amount of time into. 

Been watching more of this. Looks pretty terrible. Seems you have to kinda make your own fun with this game with people you play with. 

Every video i've seen is people fighting the same skeletons over again. 

I don't really know how they've managed to balls it up so bad.

It's been delayed countless times, they must have known they didn't have enough content. They really should have delayed it til November time to add more to it.

Few more enemies, better progression, better weapons, more things to do. It really shouldn't be difficult. 

I played the alpha/beta about 4 -6 months ago. I got bored of the play mode they were showing off then. It looks like it hasn't changed at all since then. 

Edited by PieFacE

They've just bought out a patch and you have to redownload the whole game again :lol: I have shity internet so that's me out. Mediocre game anyway. Thankfully I got it on a free gamepass trial

Edited by villarule123

Â