Premier League 2016/7

mikeyp102

So couldn't find anywhere else to put this. So thought a premier league general chat may be best.

Anyone else think it's harsh to charge Andre Gray over the comments. I'm not condoning them, but they were made years ago, like he says wen he was a completely different person who was involved with gangs. It feels unfair that they have been dragged up now.

Yep it's ridiculous to be charged for comments he made years ago.  I mean if that is the case I would be in serious do do with stuff I said in my youth! Same goes for most of us I believe.  

As for the Premier League that is so last year!!

44 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Yep it's ridiculous to be charged for comments he made years ago.  I mean if that is the case I would be in serious do do with stuff I said in my youth! Same goes for most of us I believe.  

As for the Premier League that is so last year!!

I can't believe we don't have a Burnley thread.....;)

• 3 weeks later...

Burnley striker Andre Gray has been suspended for four matches after being found guilty of misconduct in relation to comments he posted on social media.

Gray, 25, had been charged by the Football Association for bringing the game into disrepute over homophobic posts he made on Twitter in 2012.

Click

Also on a different note Pullis 100th game in charge, his football may not be popular, but that is a good record to have.

Edited by mikeyp102

Reminds me of the Sergi Guardiola case.

Signs for Barcelona in 2015. Is released hours later after it's revealed his twitter account had several posts disparaging Barca and Catalonia as a whole before a Barca/Real game a few years prior. Is now playing in (lol) the Australian A-League which is about league 1 level at it's absolute best.

also I love the little amount of coverage that Premier League is getting from our fans this season, I thought I was the only who really doesnt give a **** about it. I just mainly check the results or watch the monday night game

Not so sure Chris. They should win it, but will have a dip at some point and being as Liverpool and Man U, who I see as their main rivals, don't have europe to think about that gives them a big advantage later in the season. 

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not so sure Chris. They should win it, but will have a dip at some point and being as Liverpool and Man U, who I see as their main rivals, don't have europe to think about that gives them a big advantage later in the season. 

United are in Europa League ;)

Yes of course but will they pick their best team. I think Man City will want to win the champions league. Its time they had a real go at it and I am not sure Real Madrid and Barcelona have such a big gap on them now Pep is manager. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Yes of course but will they pick their best team. I think Man City will want to win the champions league. Its time they had a real go at it and I am not sure Real Madrid and Barcelona have such a big gap on them now Pep is manager. 

city are winning a weak premier league. Ronaldo, Messi, Bale, Neymar or Suarez get near Stones or Otamendi it will get nasty. never mind Higuain or Lewandowski

• Like 1

I dont think its that weak.  Strongest league in world football. Yes sure but City have the players that can hurt them teams as well.. De Bruyne and Aguero. Sterling is looking a different player under pep. 

Edited by PaulC

Premier league is nowhere near as strong now as it was between 05-2010.

When you look at it back then you had english teams in the champions league final every year (indeed several times it was three english teams in semi finals) and not just quality strikers like Drogba, Ronaldo and Henry but very strong defensives.

Arsenal made 2006 champions league final without conceding a goal in knockouts, Man. United did similar in 2008 and Chelsea and Liverpool were defensively very strong in those years aswell.

When people ask why englsh teams do little in CL currently to me it's clear the defensive structures aren't as good.

Â