World Cupski Group D Qual

chrisp65

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

couldnt believe Ireland did that. tactics were questionable but some heroic performances by Duffy, Meyler and Arter

Duffy was like a young Laursen, won everything in the air and dangerous in both boxes

You do it every campaign. Beating Germany last time out knocked out Scotland when they were in a similar position to Wales. Got draws against Italy under Trap. Holland in 2001.

Learnt never to write ROI off in a group even if they're behind 2nd as they always pull off a shock win (unless Staunton is managing them).

Think you'll struggle in the play offs though. Can see that ball hitting Ronaldo's hand already. :lol:

20 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Long live the dinosaurs :)

On a side note, Ramsay has to be one of the most overated footballers going.

1 decent season few years back looks like the exception got him. He is really poor and probably escapes criticism Ozil gets at Arsenal

Ramsey has been playing really well for Arsenal lately. And in the Euros of course when imo he had more impact on the games than Bale did.

Couldn't step up tonight and give a dominant Bale like performance though. I think Joe Allen going off really hurt Wales as their passing went to pot afterwards.

The first half was appalling with neither team looking to be able to string 3 passes together.

ireland were patient and took their chance when it mattered but whilst it made the game more exciting, the quality was still lacking.

great result for the Irish but cannot see them getting through the play offs.

hopefully this result will stop the bbc’s Welsh love-in too. 

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Trap seemed to have very similar tactics to O'Neill but seemed to get a lot more criticism imo. Still a favourable draw and they could join England in Russia.

But Trap was one of them evil foreign types the media like to pick on yet his qualifying record is better ;)

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Ramsey has been playing really well for Arsenal lately. And in the Euros of course when imo he had more impact on the games than Bale did.

Couldn't step up tonight and give a dominant Bale like performance though. I think Joe Allen going off really hurt Wales as their passing went to pot afterwards.

I like Ramsey hes a very good player but he cant be the main man in the side. I agree Joe Allen going off hurt Wales. I was a bit surprised Dave Edwards didn't replace him or come on at all. He always seemed to have an eye for a goal when I have watched him

Â