World Cupski Group D Qual

chrisp65

Although the lottery of the play offs are bound to pair some up making it impossible or a non-seed like Scotland get a game agianst Italy or Portugal making it unlikely, but the prospect of all 4 home nations making it to the same tournament is massive for British football.

11 hours ago, av1 said:

This group is horrible because ideally I'd like to see ROI and Wales qualify. Traditionally I've always a soft spot for ROI which dates back to USA 94 simply because it contained a few Villa players, not least god. I think he's still got Baggio tucked away in his pocket somewhere. 

So I've decided on a somewhat crude method of deciding who i support on Monday. I think whichever team has the biggest Villa presence on the pitch wins. I guess that probably makes the Welsh favorites to win my affection given the Chester is a guaranteed starter?

I would expect whelan to start as a big game but wales have taylor too. Then hogan or hourihane as super sub

Your mind must be so confused :P

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Scotland game today is crucial regarding how teams will operate. Scotland draw then Wales make play-offs with a draw, Scotland win I think Wales will have to come out and attack

Was really hoping Cyprus would take points off Greece, they were 1 up aswell. Draw and that would've been the group with lowest ranked 2nd place.

Though of Greece grinding their way through another major tournament. :bang:

• Like 1

There's plenty in it, with lots going on both on and off the ball - the Irish have just knocked Joe Allen into Thursday and he's had to come off. In fairness, I think it started with a terrible tackle by a Welshman, but it's fair fierce and the ref seems a generous chap - it's a decent watch.

If Ireland wins Sweden "only" need to draw away to Holland to be seeded in the play offs. :hooray:

Edit: and as soon as I write that Croatia scores...

Edited by sne

Â