Football Manager 2017

V01

Injuries are also more frequent in pre-season due to poor match sharpness and high workload training + 90min outings. In every beta there's outcry from people sure that it's a game breaking bug, and then a big portion who doesn't notice injuries at all.

I haven't seen it in my games of testing, but got hit with it bad 1st game on FM16. It's feels a bit silly when it hits you.. but it does pass. 3-4 months maybe of one after another.

9 hours ago, DK82 said:

Been playing CM/FM for 20 years. I know how to get my players fit and I've never ever encountered 17 injuries at one time (December, Villa) or 11 in October (Eastleigh) and now 7 with Exeter in August.

Just realised I've been playing for nearly 20 years! I think it was CM98 when I first got hooked, the one where you could buy Fat Ronaldo as a teenager but he would only join Man Utd. 

Injuries do seem to be very high in this version.

Championship Manager 2 was the first I played, but it was my friends (used to go round every night!) the first one I owned for myself was 96/97. I've bought every one since and 2016 was the first I didn't get on release.

This game

Top of the league as Liverpool in January with a 5 point lead, somehow managed to lose 1-0 Hull where we couldn't hit a barn door then gotted robbed against Spurs, normal service restored against Boro, Shit the bed against the Blades in the cup 4th round then somehow Chelsea managed to steal a draw next game. Morale was low we and we ended up lucky to draw against Stoke and Palace (19th and 20th respectively) this was supposed to be a run of wins against teams near the bottom of the table, scraped wins against Sunderland, Leicester, and Swansea to put me top heading into a home game against City. clearly this is going to be a hard game and the pressure is on. 5-0. 7 games to go and Utd are 5 points behind with a game in hand, Spurs are 6 with games in hand. UTD have Arsenal, Chelsea and City in the final 3 games, Spurs have City and Arsenal up next. I just have Arsenal out of the big teams to play. 

It might actually be Liverpools year

1 hour ago, DK82 said:

Three league games, three long term injuries.

4 saves in a row with this issue.

I started another just to see if it would happen again. Beyond coincidence.

10hrfpj.png

The game following:

2lny4bt.png

And the game after that, not a lengthly one but another one:

o5swgj.png

Got a £5m starting budget on the latest build. Sold Kozak, Cissokho and released Hutton. Let Westwood, Gestede and Steer go out on loan.

Only signed Matty James so far, can't really find anyone that is interested in joining that would be an improvement. Got £14.5m to spend with £100k room in the wage budget.

At the start of august I've had some injuries so far, but only 1 long term (3 months). I did see notice injuries from matches were "tuned" in a previous build.

It wasn't Liverpool's year, somehow managed to finish 3rd, went into the final day needing a win against Southampton and an already relegated Hull to beat Utd. Went 2-0 up and Hull were winning at half time, made a couple of subs and Southampton pulled one back. Utd equalised and ended up drawing, we threw the game away and lost in extra time.

On the brightside, Villa coasted to 2nd and both West Brom and Blues were relegated.

I'd had to promise Can, Origi and Firmino new contracts, Origi ended up with 100kpw, Can got 80kpw, then Firmino asked for 230kpw plus 6m signing bonus and 4.5m for his agent. I offered him a realistic increase and he rejected. He then started crying about it, slapped it down in the meeting you rejected I held up my end and he threatened mutiny, told him to go for it and had squad complaining. Team meeting, look lads if I give him this contract none of you can get a new one. Everyone is sweet. 

PSG bid but it was too low, he moaned about it being rejected so we've agreed on 52m as the price they will have to pay, same story with Sakho for 24m.

words removed won't bid now though will they.

2 hours ago, V01 said:

It wasn't Liverpool's year, somehow managed to finish 3rd, went into the final day needing a win against Southampton and an already relegated Hull to beat Utd. Went 2-0 up and Hull were winning at half time, made a couple of subs and Southampton pulled one back. Utd equalised and ended up drawing, we threw the game away and lost in extra time.

On the brightside, Villa coasted to 2nd and both West Brom and Blues were relegated.

I'd had to promise Can, Origi and Firmino new contracts, Origi ended up with 100kpw, Can got 80kpw, then Firmino asked for 230kpw plus 6m signing bonus and 4.5m for his agent. I offered him a realistic increase and he rejected. He then started crying about it, slapped it down in the meeting you rejected I held up my end and he threatened mutiny, told him to go for it and had squad complaining. Team meeting, look lads if I give him this contract none of you can get a new one. Everyone is sweet. 

PSG bid but it was too low, he moaned about it being rejected so we've agreed on 52m as the price they will have to pay, same story with Sakho for 24m.

words removed won't bid now though will they.

I had a similar experience with Paulista wanting to leave and getting whiny as I rejected a low bid, agreed to sell for 21m and they never came back. I'm curious if you get any say in how the transfer is stacked i.e. can you reject it if it is over 48 months without the player going crazy?

I've got to sort contracts out for Ozil, Sanchez, Bellerin, Oxlade-Chamberlein and Coquelin at the end of the season, I think that will be my transfer budget decimated and might cost me an extra 350k a week in wages if not more.

id say theres a lot of new stuff that i either cant see how it works or im not interested in it

like i said before the biggest thing for me is the staffing options at the start, if you take all signings and contracts out your hands it could make the game properly frustrating, my other issues with previous games where the opponents buy shit regens and eventually drop off and become noncompetitive its too early to tell 

Have they improved team talks and press conferences? It's been the same questions/options for years now.

I did actually pre-order the game but as with most new versions I don't start playing it until December/January when the inevitable bugs have been fixed.

Nothing more annoying than finally getting a tactic that works only for the game to be patched.

- Galactico/top transfer-mechanic & transfer saga-mechanic
- Player re-training suggestion from staff (with added function to AI for player and position-management)
- Social/media feed (that you can look at once then ignore)
- Players walking out of tunnel-experience
- Promises to players before contract negotiations
- Fancy ways to display info in inbox (pre/post-match, staff feedback, etc)
- Brexit

That's about what I can remember seeing in game, but can't really call it features.

There's a lot of subtle changes and polish, a fresh DB and more money being spent.

3 hours ago, tarjei said:

- Galactico/top transfer-mechanic & transfer saga-mechanic
- Player re-training suggestion from staff (with added function to AI for player and position-management)
- Social/media feed (that you can look at once then ignore)
- Players walking out of tunnel-experience
- Promises to players before contract negotiations
- Fancy ways to display info in inbox (pre/post-match, staff feedback, etc)
- Brexit

That's about what I can remember seeing in game, but can't really call it features.

There's a lot of subtle changes and polish, a fresh DB and more money being spent.

Brexit? Really?

Surprised they've put that in this years update.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Â