Football Manager 2017

V01

7 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Mid it me or have they introduced the new Sports Science roles but not a specific matching attribute? What are you supposed to look at for these guys?

Fitness seems to be the most widely suggested stat.

Bet you love Data Analysts even more, no stat requirement at all.

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

It's already an option.

Look below duration where you have things like mandatory fee, future fee etc and scroll down there is a squad status and preferred position option.

Thanks

I'm reading about the injuries on this thread and yes it sounds like a bug ish... That hopefully will be fixed in a day 1 patch. But can I ask a general q. For about the last three FM versions, I quite often don't get to pick the same team Wednesday Saturday weds sat repeat repeat so often have to rotate for each game. Even say three matches into a season. 

Maybe it comes down to my match tactics and they're all getting knackered but even so, with about three fitness coaches and their training drills logically set, I'd quite often be in the habit of trying to get two games in a row out of players and in their second match having to sub them on 60 mins as they'd be on about 60%

in fact, most common, would be that come match day they'd be on about 91-92 per cent match fitness having played last game. I did try different intensities of play but found I wanted to stick with my tactics but yes, my point is did anyone else notice they'd rarely get two games in a row out of their players even with a good infrastructure and seemingly decent tactics and training?

Also I haven't been a member on this site since maybe June July ish I can't remember so it would be good if people post their tactics on here and any wonder kids on the cheap! I have for the last two versions made my own formation. Standard , work ball into box, wide, slightly higher, quite basic on the settings but otherwise

gk

dr dc dc dL

mr   Mc   ML

AMC

Ac        Ac

ill post when I'm imbedded into fm17 (I get the disk version on release day) but would be interested seeing others as mines quite vanilla

i usually do a millwall or lower division save first, but rock on with that formation regardless of the team and division. And always set the player roles to suit the players best preferred role to max out the greens as high as possible.

am guilty also of a day 1 audit of players and rather than the real life necessity to assess a squad and play to their strengths and design a formation based on what you have, I'll confess, it's my way or the highway and on day 1 if you don't fit my positions you're out. Unless I can train you to fit a position, you know, turn a yellow position to being one they're able to play. I quite often end up listing a good 20 plus players on day 1 especially reserves... Might not be the best way but quite often I want as much of a kitty to begin with as possible. It's a results business !!!

proper fm geek, pen and paper at the ready always, and print my own excel a4 pages to audit squads and keep stock of squad especially to build the team. Two deep in each position minimally! Really looking forward to 4 Nov !

Edit, looks like my keeper is chilling by the corner flag there, crafty fag, Sunday league style

Edited by Midfielder

Managing red scouse, top at Christmas. have my 2nd and 3rd losses of the season within a week against Hull and Spurs. Press conference mentions my poor run and am I worried that Boro are in good form.

2 minutes into the match Guzan parries a drilled cross into the net then in the 19th he lets a shot in at his near post, they have really done well with him, so lifelike.

16 hours ago, DK82 said:

I'll be playing this again once the full game hits. My Eastleigh game is also ravaged with 6 week+ injuries. Impossible to play now. Two games and in both the injuries are impossible, can't be coincidence.

Yeah, it's put me off playing to be honest, I had to put 4 or 5 under 23s players in my last line-up and got slaughtered.

I really hate to moan about this game and I know that it's still only the beta, but so many things about it are pissing me off.

I had a fairly bad start to the season with Villa, but immediately after winning my fourth game on the trot, I had to hold a meeting with several of my players after they thought I was underachieving. It didn't go well and now their moral is all low. Bah!

annoying to hear. better be a day 1 patch

I realise what beta is, but how are such things not picked up in their own QA testing pre beta release?

I feel hesitant to get this straight away if it has elementary bugs that part-wreck enjoyment of playing within the first few games of the season and I'm an FM veteran since about 1993. Surely a patch due on release day... surely. please?

Are you looking in the local tab or the cloud one?

It should sync your save to the cloud when you close the game but you need to leave steam running because it takes quite a while, so if you close steam at the same time your cloud won't have any saves.

You have to choose to save in the cloud when you save your game, otherwise your cloud will be empty.

Edited by V01
wrong info

Paulo Dybala is beastly in this years version. Playing with Arsenal whilst getting used to any updates and he currently has 27 goals in 18 games, or 22 in 13 in the league with an averagerating of 8.51.

1 hour ago, V01 said:

Are you looking in the local tab or the cloud one?

It should sync your save to the cloud when you close the game but you need to leave steam running because it takes quite a while, so if you close steam at the same time your cloud won't have any saves.

You have to choose to save in the cloud when you save your game, otherwise your cloud will be empty.

I saved them locally. I even checked the cloud (but I know it was saved locally as the folder is still there). I've informed SI, I don't have a clue what happened. I went to bed last night, woke up this morning and waited for a friend who was coming over. He asked to see the new FM so I opened it up and my games were gone.

42 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Am I imagining it, or is the injuries thing always an issue when the game first comes out?

No you're not imagining it. Has been that way for a few releases. How don't they ever learn? Why have to resolve such elementary things with a day 1 patch... Anyway. This is way I never Beta and just get it when it's out. As much as I love FM...

this is FM in Beta, perfectly fine, natural

2BF88BBB00000578-3222497-image-m-93_1441

And this is FM on release day with the patch installed, YEEEEAHHh

071714-kate-upton-makeup-594.jpg?itok=nx

Edited by Midfielder

Injuries in most cases isn't a bug, they are intended to be high as it's modeled on previous seasons data.

currently in the PL there are 91 players injured, the most at one team being 8 and the least 1, it's averaging between 4.5 and 5 depending on what method you use. 

There are ways to reduce them slightly but it's part of the game.

Â