Football Manager 2017

V01

Ah mate, FM Italia. Signing Baresi in his twilight years. Robbie Baggio, signori, fonseca God I could write a list. Those were the days, doubled with playing that while watching sat morn Gazetta Football Italia! (Was a channel 4 program with series a highlights and live match on the Sunday)

yeah I got the Amiga versions on my last PC. We are blessed considering the evolution of the game. Your FGR shirt is washed, dried and being posted tomorrow dude.

i haven't checked out your local team will do some casual googling. 

• Like 1

I've got an issue in my Millwall save. Season 2. Right so, I had to wheel n deal many frees and loans. At the point I started making signings I had about seven literally seven players in my first team due to contract expires and so forth. And these seven were kind of "squad filler" decent cover but not to play in the championship having been promoted.

i signed two players with promises , "strengthen midfield". As said they were players 8 and 9, one of which is Enzo Zidane , for 250k. Anyway so, apparently I have broken the promise to both and they're koaning the squad has no depth to the point one, some gimp called Fernandez, has requested a transfer. 

Thats ridiculous though as since then, I have a squad now of 27. Many of which are midfielders... So I HAVE strengthened the midfield in fact I probably have too many players and will loan a couple out. Quite unfairly these two players are moaning to the other players now that I have broken promise, when actually I have more than kept it. They would not sign without these promises being offered. Either a bug or they hate my signings. Not the latter as they've been banging them in. Bit harsh though since the window is shut now, I have to play on with these dissenting scumbags at least til January. 

Normally on FM, if someone starts bitching about anything they're transfer listed on the spot but bad timing and bad AI there from SI games. Getting blasted for not strengthening the midfield when I have more midfielders than you could shake a stick at. Annoying

Hah, lovely!

That was one of the things I brought up months ago as a potential stick to beat the game with.. the whole manager appearance is just bad and feels like 10 years ago. The body shape in not like any human I've seen and the clothes are so damn weird looking.

Some how I turned out okay.

482810_20161112140230_1.jpg

• Like 1

I'm in season 2 still about to finish 8-12th , first season in championship with the biggest load of shit bags ever. Signed enjo zidane for 250k in pre season and Los Angeles have signed him in Feb 2017 for 10m structured deal what the hell. Boy did I need that though, buggered for wages , no transfer cash and about five mill in debt. Hope the board remember that, come start of season 3!

good luck with Dover Athletic! Be quick to grab those newgens circa 20th Feb ish

Edited by Midfielder

10 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I just had a go at the 3D face thing for create your own manager.  I know I'm probably at best a 6/10, but this seems somewhat harsh...

Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 09.43.45.png

On day 1 of getting this Fm I installed my pic, saw what the game did to it and , finally me it was not flattering. It shrunk my head to being like a rugby ball on its side. Haven't tried again since. 

10 hours ago, tarjei said:

Hah, lovely!

That was one of the things I brought up months ago as a potential stick to beat the game with.. the whole manager appearance is just bad and feels like 10 years ago. The body shape in not like any human I've seen and the clothes are so damn weird looking.

Some how I turned out okay.

482810_20161112140230_1.jpg

You better not be planning to manage Everton in that save game!

On 9 November 2016 at 12:58, Nicho said:

I always like to start in the lower league. Started with Coventry and went up as Champions. Started my summer wheeling and dealing before relegated Middlesbrough offered me the job. 

Was quite enjoying playing with Coventry and was looking forward to trying to stay in the Championship. Went to Boro and spent £40 million. Havnt won in the first 5 games, think ill get fired. 

Got promoted through the playoffs, I'm 8th after 12 games in the Prem. My contract is up at the end of the season, I might reject it and see where my reputation takes me.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 15:16, Midfielder said:

"Respect" to all you lower-leaguers!

I concur, Forest Green are based in a lovely, albeit landlocked part of the world - love the Cotswolds.

I'm a Nuneaton Town guy, a town with an agglomeration of the ugliest women you will likely see in this country. You can't choose your family heritage but that's where my roots are. My mum and dad have season tickets there. I go a couple of times a season too. Seen us beat Swansea in the FA Cup (drew 1-1 at the old Vetch Field, winning the replay at Nuneaton on pens), seen us beat Stoke City in the FA Cup and I've been away to Bournemouth twice in the FA Cup. Formerly Nuneaton Borough, but got fingered by the FA into a name change after a financial meltdown.

Anyway, my first game, just going into October of season 1 with Luton Town. Struggling to find a consistent, winning formation so I tend to do okay at home, but get rumbled away from home. I've had a 'chat' with Ronald Koeman about a player from Everton who is on loan with me and I've just lost away at Cheltenham resulting in the board calling me in to discuss the performance.

Last four games, I've suffered five injuries (a couple being out for two to three months) and also three red cards. My assistant likes me playing 4-1-2-3 (with wide advanced wingers and a central forward as the front three). I swap to a 4-3-3 narrow occasionally on a tip off earlier in the thread. But I have no consistent form.

Yes, I am a noob.

• Like 3

Vanarama-National-League_-Overview-Profile-5.jpg

Going very well so far. Have had some shocking losses to the worst sides in the league, but beating most other teams. Have decided to only use very simple and realistic formations and I've gone with the 442 posted earlier. Definitely missing an edge with the tactic and conceding almost 1.5 goals pr game, but Ricky Miller is making up the difference. What a striker!

Edited by tarjei

1 hour ago, Xela said:

How far down the league structure can you go? ie Can you manage Sutton Coldfield Town FC?

tomorrow, on your way home from work, you are going to go to a store, part with £20-30 and get in. 

Youre going to stick the disk in, install, then race to get food prepped, all your work clothes sorted for the next day, prepare your space on desk or whatever and by now, installation is complete. Three mins later you'll get a warm fuzzy feeling and know you've made the right choice. 

And don't forget to turn attribute masking off, I hate that damn thing, and always forget every year. I unusually remember while it is creating the game after selecting all the options. It just blurs the player stats slightly for those outside of your club which is more realistic I guess but highly annoying. 

• Like 4

Â