Football Manager 2017

V01

Hehe! I can never jump from club to club as I get so attached to the team and the players. I usually speed through the league on the back of a wicked good tactic. Still find it fun though, I sometimes wish I could just stick to the bog standard formations that makes progression a bit slower. I had the best of saves with Forest Green on FM14. In the very first year I got a new-gen through the academy called Cole Hamer. Just 15 year old, but already good enough to be involved in the 1st team. In the next two season he became one of my best player. By the time he was 18 he was captain, he eventually captained England U-21 and amazingly he became England captain in his later years.

When he retired I couldn't resist and decided to check his PA. He wasn't a world beater, but had in the 150-155 range, can't remember exactly. Crazy for academy player from non-league!

WnT8rPe.png

Here he is in his prime! <3

izzMUjP.jpg

I think I've posted about him before, but I get all nostalgic thinking about it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tarjei said:

Hehe! I can never jump from club to club as I get so attached to the team and the players. I usually speed through the league on the back of a wicked good tactic. Still find it fun though, I sometimes wish I could just stick to the bog standard formations that makes progression a bit slower. I had the best of saves with Forest Green on FM14. In the very first year I got a new-gen through the academy called Cole Hamer. Just 15 year old, but already good enough to be involved in the 1st team. In the next two season he became one of my best player. By the time he was 18 he was captain, he eventually captained England U-21 and amazingly he became England captain in his later years.

When he retired I couldn't resist and decided to check his PA. He wasn't a world beater, but had in the 150-155 range, can't remember exactly. Crazy for academy player from non-league!

WnT8rPe.png

Here he is in his prime! <3

izzMUjP.jpg

I think I've posted about him before, but I get all nostalgic thinking about it.

Tarjei can I ask you a question?

Is Forest Green a regular save for you? I live near them, their home is in Nailsworth here in the Cotswolds. Or was it a one-off for that save?

Just now, Midfielder said:

Tarjei can I ask you a question?

Is Forest Green a regular save for you? I live near them, their home is in Nailsworth here in the Cotswolds. Or was it a one-off for that save?

Oh, interesting. Lower league in England in the latter years I've done two Forest Green saves and one with Bromley. I always get a RL-crush on the clubs I manage as well, so I did follow their results for a while. I know nothing about the club or place though. I know they had an relativly new stadium with artificial surface and an ambitious owner around that time, but haven't kept myself informed.

14 minutes ago, tarjei said:

Oh, interesting. Lower league in England in the latter years I've done two Forest Green saves and one with Bromley. I always get a RL-crush on the clubs I manage as well, so I did follow their results for a while. I know nothing about the club or place though. I know they had an relativly new stadium with artificial surface and an ambitious owner around that time, but haven't kept myself informed.

Mr Tarjei. You have caught me in a good mood. Do you fit size large to XL?

williams.jpg

Edited by Midfielder

11 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Mr Tarjei. You have caught me in a good mood. Do you fit size large to XL?

Hah, what do you have in mind? I'm tall and gangly, think Peter Crouch but slightly shorter and much more handsome.

I just remember I did a St. Albans save too.. must have been FM13.

Are there any Vanarama- National or  Vanrama South clubs on the south coast from nice little cites? I can only find Eastbourne and Torquay. Is that a good places, awful.. something in between? Would like to manage a club from a cozy little town :wub:

Edited by tarjei

18 minutes ago, tarjei said:

Hah, what do you have in mind? I'm tall and gangly, think Peter Crouch but slightly shorter and much more handsome.

I just remember I did a St. Albans save too.. must have been FM13.

Are there any Vanarama- National or  Vanrama South clubs on the south coast from nice little cites? I can only find Eastbourne and Torquay. Is that a good places, awful.. something in between? Would like to manage a club from a cozy little town :wub:

Poole Town, Dover Athletic, Eastleigh, Margate, Eastbourne Borough, Truro City, Gosport Borough, Whitehawk, Torquay United

3 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Poole Town, Dover Athletic, Eastleigh, Margate, Eastbourne Borough, Truro City, Gosport Borough, Whitehawk, Torquay United

I go see Weymouth once a year too, the Terras... almost claret and blue kit too. Theyre not on conference no more though

edit, but poole though, Poole is nice....

Edited by Midfielder

I watch Eastleigh and Newport IW (Eastleigh less so - ferries are expensive). Eastleigh are a fun team to manage on this game.

Started a fresh game post patch and having less red card issues. Shame that I can't continue my Portsmouth Beta game now though, it is completely ruined. I guess when they say you need to start a new game they are right. :( 

39 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Forest Green Rovers mate. In Nailsworth, tiny little town, very green very Cotswolds. Not southern, no coast though. Nice people. Not a rough place at all, quite picturesque. 

I asked, because if you want mate, I'll send you my lucky Forest Green shirt. It is last season's though, but no pulls, immaculate condition no marks or anything. Why? It's Friday mate. And also, to be honest, you're a Norwegian who picked Villa to support, you play FM, and above you said you develop a 'RL crush' on the lower league teams you manage. I have that shirt, and happy to send. Don't worry about postage or anything I'll cover that. Up to you.

If so, pm me your address. Dont worry i dont want your bank details or nowt dodgy and have no plans to come to Norway to break into your house and bum you.

Anglo - Norge relations and all. Let me get this straight though I'm devout Villa, but have worked all over England and see local teams as well as our beloved Villa. Whilst i have been living here, FGR have been my local team, see.

Not gonna lie, I would love to be flaunting a Forest Green shirt at soccer practice among all the United & Chelsea fans!! But then I feel encourage to offer the same in return and go get you a shirt, scarf or something like that from my local club. It's a tiny 12k town that through lots of volunteer work and a few dedicated coaches have put roughly 10 years of great effort into developing young players which has resulted in the club just recently getting promoted to the 2nd highest tier, which is quite frankly a ridiculous achievment considering it's mostly local kids born and raised here.

8 minutes ago, tarjei said:

Not gonna lie, I would love to be flaunting a Forest Green shirt at soccer practice among all the United & Chelsea fans!! But then I feel encourage to offer the same in return and go get you a shirt, scarf or something like that from my local club. It's a tiny 12k town that through lots of volunteer work and a few dedicated coaches have put roughly 10 years of great effort into developing young players which has resulted in the club just recently getting promoted to the 2nd highest tier, which is quite frankly a ridiculous achievment considering it's mostly local kids born and raised here.

No probs, hope it fits. I have masses of respect for our overseas fans especially our norge / svenska nords! It'll bring luck to your FGR save games, because all the FGR games i saw last season wearing that were home wins. No need to return favour at all my friend! If you insist, I would be happy with a scarf for the coming winter, really though, no probs. 

But, in FM 2017, time to get prepped for your FGR save! Here's your town, and here's your stadium. Dont expect any matchday burger though, it's strictly vegan food only!

nailsworth_town.jpg

FGR.jpg

Out of interest, who is your local team bud?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

No probs, hope it fits. I have masses of respect for our overseas fans especially our norge / svenska nords! It'll bring luck to your FGR save games, because all the FGR games i saw last season wearing that were home wins. No need to return favour at all my friend! If you insist, I would be happy with a scarf for the coming winter, really though, no probs. 

But, in FM 2017, time to get prepped for your FGR save! Here's your town, and here's your stadium. Dont expect any matchday burger though, it's strictly vegan food only!

Out of interest, who is your local team bud?

Would be amazing! Sure you wanna give up your lucky shirt?

Why the respect for foreign fans? I fell in love with Villa because of Dean Saunders. I was a budding striker myself around the age of 5-6 and wanted to have curls and be as good as him... followed him from Derby, Liverpool and by the time he came to Villa I was around the age where the team started to matter as well. Good timing that Villa had it's best season in my lifetime that year and beat Liverpool 4-1. I was 10 and I think it was the year after that my brother gave me a floppy disc with CM'93 on. Dean Saunders, Dalian Atkinson, Paul McGrath, good times!

I'll shelf the FGR-save until I can sport the proper attire and wear the shirt at the first game of the season, hehe!

My local club is Florø Fotball. Currently in 2nd division, group 3, but will be playing in 1st Div next season.

http://nr.soccerway.com/national/norway/2-divisjon/2016/group-3/r33859/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tarjei said:

Would be amazing! Sure you wanna give up your lucky shirt?

Why the respect for foreign fans? I fell in love with Villa because of Dean Saunders. I was a budding striker myself around the age of 5-6 and wanted to have curls and be as good as him... followed him from Derby, Liverpool and by the time he came to Villa I was around the age where the team started to matter as well. Good timing that Villa had it's best season in my lifetime that year and beat Liverpool 4-1. I was 10 and I think it was the year after that my brother gave me a floppy disc with CM'93 on. Dean Saunders, Dalian Atkinson, Paul McGrath, good times!

I'll shelf the FGR-save until I can sport the proper attire and wear the shirt at the first game of the season, hehe!

My local club is Florø Fotball. Currently in 2nd division, group 3, but will be playing in 1st Div next season.

http://nr.soccerway.com/national/norway/2-divisjon/2016/group-3/r33859/

Yes mate, as in a few weeks, Hereford FC will be my new Forest Green Rovers, if you follow. I'm not done with FGR, by any means. I'm simply sending you a Football Manager gift in the form of a shirt related to your save game that might see you take them to Champions League winners. You posted up a screenshot of your previous Forest Green savegame, without realising my relationship with them and I thought cool. Mate, if it dont fit, you'll be saying what a C---. So i hope it does!

Why the respect? I just started a thread about that! Lots of reasons but in summary, you chose us. You could have chosen anyone else, you chose us. That deserves recognition and respect. Trust me, it would be much much much easier for you to support Man City etc... but hey. Who wouldnt respect that difference in choice?

Ah , now you're talking my language there with the CM93! That was a crazy good version and could still be found on the net if you get the WINUAE program to load the abandonware version of the game. Since then, the "load times" are as you can imagine, lighting quick...! That was my time too mate, the big ron years. I still have a mita copiers 9 shirt at home (the one with the stringy neck) but nobody is having that!

I will go check our your local club Floro Football! Check in on the other thread if you want, cheers mate got the PM and will post on Monday! 

And back to FM on topic before they say:

54c6221ec4ac6de543b1a8b18132b493fe54bd21

Alright, will have a look

Yes, I load up the old CM'93 about once a year or so through DOSBox and play a few seasons. You can adjust CPU cycles to have the desired speed you want. Only drawback is that the quicker it goes the more sensitive is your mouse clicks. Has it's charm! That and CM Italia is the only game versions I get nostalgic about, but I still remember plenty of the saves over the years.

Â