Football Manager 2017

V01

trying to decide on which kind of save to do first. Looking at possibly a road to glory one, or one restoring former PL clubs to glory eg Bolton, us, Portsmouth. Also would like to try an Eastern European save -eg Poland, Ukraine etc.

Edited by Villaphan04

20 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

That moment when you find a save that gets you excited is magical.

My Tenerife save on FM16 has been my favorite but I've just started one final save with Heerenveen which I think has potential.

agreed. in most of my saves i do the club for life way... and it never gets boring. never.

13 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

trying to decide on which kind of save to do first. Looking at possibly a road to glory one, or one restoring former PL clubs to glory eg Bolton, us, Portsmouth. Also would like to try an Eastern European save -eg Poland, Ukraine etc.

A Villa save is the last i begin, as in separate new start.

I'll be starting a Millwall for life one today when i can get away from work.

My wildcard saves are Djurgardens IF of Sweden and Boca Juniors. For Boca, i love the difficulty, if you could call it that, of European players not being approachable much and so apart from a few central and south americans, you end up with a pretty domestic XI and Argentina and Boca themselves fire out consistently good regens. Also, you find yourself looking at their stated supported clubs as quite often, prospective signings will support someone who in turn, hate Boca. I also love the fact that you make these kids into superstars, hit the ceiling with their wages eventually and then the bids come and you end up having to accept... But, see them achieve great things in Europe and internationally. I cheat by putting Spanish as my second language though, which I cant speak a word of. 

With less animosity is my Djurgardens save, which, like with Boca, sees me sh-- my pants every transfer window as I know teams will be turning up like its the January sales, but I'm a wheeler dealer player. I always have a kitted out youth team and when one is sold, i am always one / two deep in candidate replacements, or... ones who are ready, who i have loaned out for experience knowing that the turnaround of my playing staff is frequent. So in these two saves I'm like an Alex Ferguson with a pinch of Dario Gradi. But in my all conquering Millwall saves, i'll get to the top eventually, by which point they'll be one of the biggest clubs in the land. 

Only when i have achieved everything with Millwall do i do a Villa save. Which does repeat a lot of the same in some ways. The beauty of FM.

Many on here have been Beta'ing up, today will be day 1 for me.

Again: 

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

ill do a boca save too at some point, they have a great young team and like you say they'll always produce good regens, if im not playing as boca im scouting them every summer

i'll probably do the brazil hero achievement at some point purely because i like the state championships, long game though, depending on what state you play in you can have 70 game + seasons, although my favourite team for that was brasiliense because they have the greatest badge in football and they've been relegated

Brasiliense_Futebol_Clube.png

and i always put myself as the nationality of the league im playing in, i'll try and be the national team boss 4/5 years down the line

on the achievements does anyone know if they've put some good new ones in?

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

If you don't want to know the approximate regen dates then LOOK AWAY NOW

FM 2017 Youth Intake Regen Dates (snatched by Midfielder from this website while it's installing. ITS HAPPENING ITS HAPPENING) http://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2017-regen-youth-intake-dates.html 

2 October:
Algeria, Angola, Belarus, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Comoros, Congo, Djibouti, DR Congo, Egypt, Eq. Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe

26 December: us.png United States

6 January: co.png Colombia

4 February: no.png Norway

14 February: at.png Austria

15 February:
ai.png Anguilla, ag.png Antigua & Barbuda, aw.png Aruba, bs.png Bahamas, bb.png Barbados, bz.png Belize, bm.png Bermuda, Bonaire, vg.png British Virgin Is., ca.png Canada, ky.png Cayman Islands, cr.png Costa Rica, cu.png Cuba, sv.png El Salvador, gt.png Guatemala, hn.png Honduras, jm.png Jamaica, mq.png Martinique, ms.png Montserrat, ni.png Nicaragua, pa.png Panama, pr.png Puerto Rico, Sint Maarten, kn.png St Kitts & Nevis, lc.png St Lucia, vc.png St Vincent, sr.png Surinam, tt.png Trinidad & Tobago, tc.png Turks & Caicos Is., vi.png US Virgin Is.

19 February: mx.png Mexico

21 February: ru.png Russia

22 February: hr.png Croatia

23 February: American Samoa, Cook Islands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Serbia, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu

24 February: ro.png Romania

25 February: ch.png Switzerland

26 February: gr.png Greece

27 February:
al.png Albania, ad.png Andorra, am.png Armenia, az.png Azerbaijan, ba.png Bosnia & Herzegovina, cy.png Cyprus, ee.png Estonia, fo.png Faroe Islands, mk.png FYR Macedonia, ge.png Georgia, kz.png Kazakhstan, lv.png Latvia, lt.png Lithuania, lu.png Luxembourg, mt.png Malta, md.png Moldova, me.png Montenegro, sm.png San Marino

1 March: fr.png France, pl.png Poland

3 March: de.png Germany

4 March: sk.png Slovakia, wal.png Wales

5 March: cl.png Chile, id.png Indonesia, il.png Israel

6 March: hu.png Hungary

7 March: cz.png Czech Republic, en.png England, nir.png N.Ireland

8 March: it.png Italy, sco.png Scotland, tr.png Turkey

9 March: be.png Belgium

11 March: bg.png Bulgaria

13 March: si.png Slovenia

14 March: nl.png Holland

15 March: ua.png Ukraine

16 March: dk.png Denmark

17 March: pt.png Portugal

19 March: es.png Spain

22 March: in.png India

24 March: za.png South Africa

16 April: hk.png Hong Kong

20 July: my.png Malaysia, uy.png Uruguay

31 July: ar.png Argentina

6 August: fi.png Finland

10 August: is.png Iceland

22 August: se.png Sweden

27 August:
Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Chinese Taipei, East Timor, Guam, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macau, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Northern Mariana, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, U.A.E., Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen

5 September: kr.png South Korea

8 September: ie.png Ireland

10 September: cn.png China

11 September: br.png Brazil

13 September: au.png Australia

14 September: pe.png Peru

21 September: sg.png Singapore

24 September: bo.png Bolivia, ec.png Ecuador, py.png Paraguay, ve.png Venezuela

Don't click on this link if you don't want to see a list of FM17 suggested wonderkids. I don't sit bidding on them all, but I note a few from lower-ish clubs almost like a friendly scout / agent suggestion (not quite Allardyce style though)

http://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2017-wonderkids.html

FAO - Mods... I know the rules, but am unable to select any text from the page to insert into this post to accompany the link, it is not grabbable text.

Getting the shit kicked out of me by a bug. Not sure if it affects all builds of the game but better safe than sorry and warn you all...

When you have the end of the season meeting DO NOT mention anything about additions to the squad or reinforcing it.

It will count as a promise towards most players in the 1st team and it's a promise that is currently broken as it cannot be fulfilled, so come the end of the transfer window the whole team will riot. My players has had mostly abysmal moral for 2 months and it doesn't seem to go away. I've exiled the 5 key players that has moaned publicly, and that has helped a bit. Still, it had translated into the leakiest defence I've ever seen..

Â