Football Manager 2017

V01

8 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I have resigned myself from 17, giving myself a break before 19..... Hopefully it's worth it!

funny enough, ive picked up playing 18 in anticipation.   Once Villa's results turn for the worse, i tend to give up anything football related so lets see if im still playing in a couple weeks time

2 hours ago, Skills said:

funny enough, ive picked up playing 18 in anticipation.   Once Villa's results turn for the worse, i tend to give up anything football related so lets see if im still playing in a couple weeks time

I'd binge mate, we are there for the taking..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked this up again recently, having previously taken the Villa job as they were sitting near the bottom of the Championship.  Been there 12 seasons now and we're the top side in World football (rating wise).  Have won the last 3 PLs but Man City and Spurs are ridiculously good too.  Spurs have arguably the best regen I've ever seen!  I would have bought him but too loyal to my guys :D

Anyway, just had the new youth intakes and have a 15 year old who "could be the best of his generation" (or whatever it says).  Signed him on the standard youth terms and his value is £12.75m.  At 15!  Has anyone seen such a ridiculous standard price on a youth player before?

• Like 1

Continued my 2nd season at Villa, first back in the Premier League last night. Somehow managed to turnover Liverpool 3-0 and Man City 5-3 at Villa Park. Definitely the highlight of my career thus far. Summer signing Matěj Vydra, who had been mediocre to this point, managed to put a lazy four past Pep's lads :crylaugh:

I can't 'kin believe this game.

I'm playing FM18. In my third season with Villa. Top of the Premier League with 1 game to go, and need a win to finish first. Also in the Europa League final. 

The day before the final game, 3 of my best players get injured and will miss both games.

In the final Premier League game of the season, I absolutely batter my opposition,  1-0 up, but in the last 10 seconds of the match my defender gives away a stupid penalty and I finish 2nd. 

Unbelievable. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I did beat Arsenal in the Europa cup though, which I was happy about.

But god damn, I swear the game conspired against me to make me not win the Premier League. 

I'm positive the game does this sometimes.

I haven't played it in ages, but back when I was at uni I was playing as Milan and similar to you, got to the final day needing a win (vs a not very good Torino team) to win the league.

I lost. But I was a petty word removed so I just replayed the game over and over to get the win.

I probably did it a dozen times without winning once before I gave up.

• Like 3

im playing a workshop game with our new rich owners, about to start season 4, failed FFP and start on -5 points, finished 3rd last year

rajkovic

stark  gimenez  de ligt

passlack          thiago maia        kolasinac

goretzka

grealish                                               kean

werner

seem to have 1 season wonders up front, kodjia destroyed the championship and got me promoted, enes unal scored 30 goals in my first PL season and i got EL, werner got about 26 last season, i cannot get good wing backs though, henrichs is £100m+ now he's at monaco, alex sandro at juve would be the same

• Like 1

We've suddenly become 1970 Brazil. Can't defend for shit but Ritchie De Laet & Jordan Amavi are bombing on and are wreaking havoc on the Premier League. Last 6 results:

Burnley 1-2 Aston Villa | Aston Villa 3-0 Liverpool | Aston Villa 5-3 Manchester City | Stoke City 2-6 Aston Villa | Aston Villa 4-1 Swansea | Leicester City 1-1 Aston Villa

With a line up of:

Pickford

De Laet     Chester     Baker     Amavi

Sanchez

Lansbury         Veretout

Kodjia                                 Grealish

Vydra

Subs: Steer, Bree, Pavard, van de Beek, Adomah, Hogan, Hourihane

Now 28 points from 17 games and somehow in European contention. 

On 11/09/2018 at 09:29, bobzy said:

Picked this up again recently, having previously taken the Villa job as they were sitting near the bottom of the Championship.  Been there 12 seasons now and we're the top side in World football (rating wise).  Have won the last 3 PLs but Man City and Spurs are ridiculously good too.  Spurs have arguably the best regen I've ever seen!  I would have bought him but too loyal to my guys :D

Anyway, just had the new youth intakes and have a 15 year old who "could be the best of his generation" (or whatever it says).  Signed him on the standard youth terms and his value is £12.75m.  At 15!  Has anyone seen such a ridiculous standard price on a youth player before?

I had a 15 year old worth £12m. He was kinda Peter Crouch like in that he was huge but good with the ball. Didn't develop into much by the time he was 18 and his value dropped to about £1m as soon as he turned pro.

• 3 weeks later...
Â