Football Manager 2017

V01

Scott Hogan is definitely OP in this game. Him and Kodjia had chipped in with 5-6 goals each 17 games into the season so I gave him a bit of a kick up the arse. Went on a spree over the next 5 games picking up 13 points with a +12 goal differential and he would have bagged about 6 and set up another 6 himself.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hornso said:

Scott Hogan is definitely OP in this game. Him and Kodjia had chipped in with 5-6 goals each 17 games into the season so I gave him a bit of a kick up the arse. Went on a spree over the next 5 games picking up 13 points with a +12 goal differential and he would have bagged about 6 and set up another 6 himself.

I usually hold on to Scotty, I'm into my 4th season and in the Premier league.... He is still handy, doesn't get a lot of games but still bags a few goals!

• Like 1

I just made my biggest profit on a player, though I would rather have kept him...

Bought Timothy Tillman for 2.7 mill, 3 seasons later I sold him to Manu for 51 mill! Which was his release clause

• Like 2

2 games left and all sorts or records have been broken. Most points, most goals scored, most won in a row, most games undefeated. Kodjia, Cardona, Chester, Hogan and Schaub are all wanted now by Premier League clubs. Hopefully my imminent promotion will sway them to stay put.

• Like 1

Burnley got relegated so swooped in and picked up Michael Keane for £19m. That's a lot of my kitty gone, but I'm happy keeping most of my team the same. Might pick up Lo Celso on loan as he's listed and is beastly.

• Like 1

29 games into my first season in the Championship and we're sitting 3rd behind Newcastle (on goal difference) and Brentford who are top by 2 points with a game in hand.

Last game won at Brentford 3-0 which was the first time they have dropped points in 14 home games! So I am hoping it is the start of them unravelling. They were 250-1 to win the league at the start of the season.

Team is essentially:

Johnstone, De Laet - Chester - Baker - Amavi, Jedinak, Lansbury - Hourihane, Ince - Grealish, Hogan | S1 - Steer, S2 - Bree, S3 - Pavard, S4 van de Beek, S5 Adomah, S6 Cook (on loan from Bournemouth), S7 Kodjia

Also have Success on loan from Watford but he hasn't joined the squad yet as he has been away at the ACoN.

Edited by Hornso

Well.. I've done it again. Sitting there in July going through my first pre-season in the Premier League and couldn't resist the offers coming in for my players (In some cases Minimum Fee clauses did me in). So I've sold a lot of players and brought in a load more (more than I need probably.) Always ends up the same.

Funnily enough nobody came in (despite them being wanted) for Hogan or Kodjia despite them hitting 30 goals a piece last season.

Rodrigo Dourado, Maguire, Otavio, Onazi, Lo Celco (Loan), Carmona, Sergio Diaz (Loan), Chalobah, Sanchez Mino, Gruijic (Loan), Zieler (Loan) all in.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

What's so bad with it? (was thinking about buying it)

So was until I found that 46% of reviews are bad, the game is basically an upgrade if database on fm17 with a few little gimmicks. Plus im loving my fm17 save right now.

I'm playing 18, villa in the prem.. best signing is probably Geubbels from OM, he's 16 and is tipped to be a big player.. paid 2m for him..  oh and just sold gollini for a deal worth 31m... got Wilshere on a free, Kodija is a beast just waiting for a big bucks offer as players like Trippier are for sale in mine now and they're not asking much for them.. It's the young players who cost 20-30m +

My exeter city save I have got them from league 2 to championship, big ask to get them any further straight away as teams in the championship have so much money in comparison. Villa are in the relegation zone in it... I'm waiting for the job offer...

Edited by Fowlersrs
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Total domination. #prideofthemidlands

DHnNQ73.jpg

I must be really crap at this game, I have never got Villa higher than 6th and over various saves I've probably played nearly 30 seasons with them. Congrats mate!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Total domination. #prideofthemidlands

DHnNQ73.jpg

that's some effort!  averaging over 2.5 goals for and less than a goal against is very impressive!

what formation do you play? 

@Skills

---------------------------GK---------------------------

---------------BPD---------------CB-----------------

WBR-------------------HB--------------------WBL

---------------B2B-------------B2B-----------------

--------------------------SS---------------------------

-----------------DLF----------CF--------------------

Attacking mentalty, play from the back, exploit the middle (unless middle is stacked with more than 3 midfielders and a DM, or 2 midfielders and 2 DMs). HB acts as a third CB by dropping back and forming a back 3.

• Like 3

@Skills

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dwrqodb9vqt5777/Attack.fmf

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qx25q4sjza6ko41/Counter.fmf

See if that works. Never used mediafire before but should be able to download the tactic. Paste into folder C:Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\tactics

On both tactics you definitely want to set the opposition player tactics so you always close down the attacking players, so ST, AM, WM and WBs. Stacked middle? Change instructions from exploit middle to exploit wide. Apart from that there isn't much to it. Just get the tactic familiarity up. Pre-season is a good start to get your players familiar with it, changing mid-way through season might give you some loses if its wildly different from your current one.

• Like 1

So I qualified for the Champions Cup this past season by winning the Euro Cup. I didn't have any real expectations other than getting out of the group stage, which i managed to then got drawn vs Real Madrid (Bleh). 

The most surprising thing for me was that (currently in May of that season) my U18 team just won the U19 Champions Cup. I was also interested to notice that my striker that came from my affiliate in Bosnia got the golden boot. Good to see all the money spent on my youth paying off.

• Like 2

Â