Football Manager 2017

V01

This game infuriates me beyond belief. I should just give up and bask in the glory of FM10 save. I feel vindicated in resigning as I believe the game has strayed from what I found fun.

Yet some part of me feels compelled to try again. Someone please end this before I lose my mind. There is a tiny voice inside my head saying 'just be Barcelona and be done with it'.

Shut up tiny little voice, shut up I tell ya :bang:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have just started a new save after a long break. Updated the database to have this season's squad and am taking my time on this one. Enjoying the journey rather than rushing for success. 10 games into the season I'm undefeated and top and I just knocked arsenal out of the league cup.

If anyone is interested I'll be happy to post more info along the way but going to play this for maybe 4 hours a week no more and be more thorough and involved. It's working so far at least.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

I'm in March of a new season with the updated squads. The problem is most of the team is now newly signed so I have a few disgruntled people who aren't playing. Ah well. They'll be gone soon.

Plus I signed Caulker on a free so him, Terry and Chester are creating a formidable back 3.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Got promoted via the playoffs in the first season. Scored 14 goals in the 3 playoff games. 

First season in the Premier League finished 13th and got to the semis of the league cup. Didn't spend much and have been a right screw on wages and it worked.

2nd season and I had a modest 36 million for transfers but a whopping 800k a week in spare wages so after a budget adjustment Ive brought in a a few experienced players including Schneidelien, manquillo plus spent big on some young English talent including 15 million for Dael Fry and 16 million on Brendon Galloway.

First game of the season is Chelsea at home, pretty convincing 3-1 victory although there was a red card and a penalty go my way. All 3 goals from debutants including 1 from Schneiderlien (whatever his name is). Absolutely stoked with that so I've taken a deep breath and written this post so I don't f#$k up the next game rushing :ph34r:

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So my 4th season in charge of Villa, it's late November and doing ok. Sitting 12th (too many draws as usual) and into the semis of the efl cup.

Up pops a job interview from Juventus!!!

I've always been a one team manager, would be very hard to leave the Villa. Juve's team is awesome. My dream is to bring Villa to the mighty glory but it just seems so hard with transfer budgets and wages.

I'm torn as to what to do. I know I could just start abother save but this is like a proper career. Do I make the move or do I remain loyal to Villa.

Nb I have been offered other jobs before but none have been as big a club ad Juve.

• Like 2

Oh yes, the old football manager tricks. 2-0 down till 83rd min, then Portsmouth become Real Madrid, their 4th and 5th shots of the game (if we include the pen as a shot). I absolutely battered them all game fwiw. Of course, the game ends 2-2 (and after their second goal the highlights speed through at double time).

This game.

5lcv20.png

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just restarted another Villa game. Have brought in Ince and van de Beek whilst selling off Hutton, Bunn & Kozak. Sniffing around the playoffs after 10 games or so. Starting to come together. Lost 2-1 to Palace in extra time because of a Benteke brace ?

Me too! Updated teams but cancelled loans out and in for the team before starting so have Gollini, Gil etc.. and no Snodders, Johnstone etc...

Sold a handful of peeps and brought in some of my own.

IN: Edwin Cardona (7m), Lee Chung-Yong (2.4m), Gino Peruzzi (2.7m), Louis Schaub (4m), Lorik Cana (free)

OUT: Alan Hutton (1.2m), Ritchie DeLaet (4.2m), Albert Adomah (3.2m), Carles Gil (8.5m), Henri Lansbury (5.75m)

Got to January top of the league, Hogan and Kodjia each with 15 goals. Tottenham come in, unsettle Jack and end up getting him for 24m + some sell on stuff. Same with Amavi to Liverpool, only 16m for him. So I've grabbed Charlie Taylor from Leeds for 4m and Otavio from ATP for 11.25m.

YIPuT6l.jpg

• Like 1

One of the thing's I've noticed is that Eastern European nations (especially Croatia and Serbia) produce so many good regions every year in game. Absolutely wonderful to get them relatively cheaply as well

• Like 1

Â