Football Manager 2017

V01

I'm in 2032 and Berwick Rangers are starting to become a good European side.  It's an absolute slog, you can't bring in true quality players so I'm having to buy youth players and develop them.  My youth facilities are only "good", but I appear to have churned out some real hot prospects lately.  Offers have come in from Man Utd and Chelsea :o.  Not sure how to easily insert images (tutorial please?) otherwise I'd show.

• Like 1

The whole agent thing needs to have an element of realism inserted into it. I have two players demanding new contracts or transfers away as Man City are interested and offer better wages. I want to keep them so offer new contracts and in addition to the extra 20 to 40% wages the agent demands that the minimum transfer fee clause is reduced. How is that realistic?

Penalties on this game drive me insane. The conversion rate seems to be way too low.

4d8079292dd9780becde8fb7f3df51ae.png

For him to miss five penalties in a single season would be irrational. Well, he has missed five pens this season. And it's only the 10th of October.

Edited by abdomlahor
  • Like 3

On 8/17/2017 at 11:21, Villan_of_oz said:

Okay I've been watching this analomy for a while and now I'm convinced. 

If I play a team in 20th position I lose, it happens time and time again. It doesnt matter whether I attack or set up defensively. 

It's incredibly frustrating I am having a blinder of a season and its being ruined by IMO silly results.

Your team lack motivation and become complacent thinking it's an easy win ;)

• Like 1

06402591c7f73f9ec5d114dbf5042622.png

Made it 3 in a row with Inter. Not a strong season at all though as 74 points is the lowest to win the league since the save started. I also managed to get to the Italian cup final and come up against Torino, ended up losing 1-0 disappointingly. 

The big game was still to come though as I finally managed to crack the Champions League and get to the final, took me until 2033 which is annoying. Of course though the team I face after all these years was my old side, Lincoln. You can probably guess how it went...

c8d2748c08e148864231e781fdc5346f.png

Just like a couple seasons ago they ripped me apart yet again. Apart from Harker who come through the academy, I signed all the scorers and developed them which just makes it all worse, 6'6" centre back Gnago was having a field day on set pieces. Messed up a real possibility of winning the treble. 

Into 2033/34 season now, I guess we go again...

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

06402591c7f73f9ec5d114dbf5042622.png

Made it 3 in a row with Inter. Not a strong season at all though as 74 points is the lowest to win the league since the save started. I also managed to get to the Italian cup final and come up against Torino, ended up losing 1-0 disappointingly. 

The big game was still to come though as I finally managed to crack the Champions League and get to the final, took me until 2033 which is annoying. Of course though the team I face after all these years was my old side, Lincoln. You can probably guess how it went...

c8d2748c08e148864231e781fdc5346f.png

Just like a couple seasons ago they ripped me apart yet again. Apart from Harker who come through the academy, I signed all the scorers and developed them which just makes it all worse, 6'6" centre back Gnago was having a field day on set pieces. Messed up a real possibility of winning the treble. 

Into 2033/34 season now, I guess we go again...

they'll probably go and rename the stadium after the new manager now too! 

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my Villa save for the first time in quite a while. Managed a 1-1 at home with Man City and a 4-1 win away to Burnley. After 12 games sitting 11th but only a win away from top 6. 

Southampton are the early surprise packets sitting 2nd, whilst Everton are struggling and just hovering about the relegation zone.

In my game against Man City they lined up as follows:

Aguero

Jesus                                  Griezmann

De Bruyne     (Someone else)

:o

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think I'm done with this game now. I've just had what must have been my 15th 'the save game could not be loaded', which means I've lost a months (ingame) worth of a game. I don't know if I have some power settings on my laptop that are interfering with the game but I always make sure I save the game properly and always give it a minute before I shut down my laptop after I've saved my game due to the problems I've had since the game came out. Unless FM2018 is a big improvement I might sit it out for a year.

Decided to start a new save as I'm not buying FM18. Did something I've never done before and I started unemployed. 

Had a few choices for my first job but decided to go rangers in scotland. 

There is no romance in this save, I'm not falling in love, any job offers that are an improvement I'm off. 

My goal is to see if I can end up at one of the top clubs in the world. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Decided to start a new save as I'm not buying FM18. Did something I've never done before and I started unemployed. 

Had a few choices for my first job but decided to go rangers in scotland. 

There is no romance in this save, I'm not falling in love, any job offers that are an improvement I'm off. 

My goal is to see if I can end up at one of the top clubs in the world. 

This is the ultimate way to play the game, imo. Although I prefer to make it harder.

Start unemployed with the lowest reputation possible. Take the first job you can get and try to work your way up to one of the top jobs and conquer all.

I've only ever managed any kind of success once. It's a lot of fun but can be a real slog sometimes, especially when seasons take so long to get through in these later iterations.

• Like 2

My one and only experience with Football Manager was probably 6-7 years ago. I started as Villa manager and was sacked by Christmas for poor results only to be replaced by Glenn Hoddle. I've never played the game before or since.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Same fancy a lil head to head pal? ;)

i thought you said "do you fancy some head"! 

Calm down Dem Spacey! :P

I wasn’t planning to buy it, but I did and now I regret doing so. It’s just not compulsive or addictive any more.

Its too hard to shift or sign players quickly in order to rebuild/build a club. 

Its hard to get any real hook with a club.

Not sure if I’ve outgrown it or it’s just become a bit tired.

• Like 1

On 07/11/2017 at 08:48, TrentVilla said:

I wasn’t planning to buy it, but I did and now I regret doing so. It’s just not compulsive or addictive any more.

Its too hard to shift or sign players quickly in order to rebuild/build a club. 

Its hard to get any real hook with a club.

Not sure if I’ve outgrown it or it’s just become a bit tired.

No you're right Trent. It irritates me greatly how hard it is to sign players, shift players on. That and the ridiculous wages/transfer fees you have put with.

• 4 weeks later...

So just back to my villa save feeling refreshed after a break. So just beat Tottenham which is great because all my FM life Tottenham have always been my nemesis. 

Just a little silly anomaly though. Harry Kane has now scored 12 goals in 12 matches against me. Its quite ridiculous, I could man mark him with all 10 outfield players and he'd still bob up and score. 

On a plus note somehow managed to sign Mbappe for 18.75 mill. He has been really good so far, lots of assists and love his mazey runs in off the left wing. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

Â