Football Manager 2017

V01

Here's how I finished in my 2nd season in charge of Villa (first in the Premier League). Also lost the EFL Cup Final to United and the FA Cup Semi to Southampton. Hoping I can bring in some quality to push us up the table while getting rid of those surplus to requirements.

Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 6.47.32 pm.jpg

• Like 2

I just started my 3rd string regen keeper in a PL game against hull. He proved me right with 3 pen saves throughout the game. 

Also, I have just won the EFL cup (beat Villa 4-1 in the final). First piece of silverware since winning League 2. 

• Like 1

So this save is ticking along beautifully,

3rd season.

After winning the FA cup last year I have won the community shield (v ManU) and have just now beaten ManU again in the EFL cup final. Guaranteeing a crack at Europe again next season. 

In the league I'm sitting 10th, 4 points off 7th but that doesn't matter so much now which is good because I've also made it to the 2nd round of the Europa cup v Man City. 

So now I'm going to take a chance and go all for the Europa cup and rest some players in the league. If I lose the tie then I can still have a strong finish in the league. 

Might do another post tomorrow and include some of the off field goings on. 

• Like 1

Pretty impressed with this right now, 

Wasn't scoring enough goals from my midfield so I scouted a player for most of last season. I was looking for a scoring BBM, well he has scored 5 goals in his first 3 games. 

Papa Alloudin Ndiaye (sorry if I have spelt it wrong not in front of the computer)

Ive never scouted someone so many times and I rarely recommend players as I don't think I'm that good at the game (until now, lol) but Papa has the perfect stats for a scoring midfielder who can still defend well. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Here's the summer transactions starting my 3rd season at Villa. Have probably gone a bit young but it's tough as none of the quality players want to step down a level or two and join you. Hopefully can change that this season with European football.

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 7.25.02 am.jpg

• Like 1

So I have just finished up my 3rd season in the PL with Plymouth. We ended up getting relegated(but in a very weird way, I felt that this would be better). I spend a boatload of cash on players, and have not really looked to my youth, so now I will have an opportunity to use my young players and actually play them.  My teams always end up looking like chelsea with so many players, so I can also get to trimming my squad as well.

Edited by Villaphan04

Crazy crazy finish to the season, my last game was against ManC, they were 5th... I was 6th same points.

Up 2-0 after 30 mins and Arsenal beating Chelsea, I was in 4th and champions league. ManC pull off another miraculous comeback and beat me 3-2 and Southampton who were 7th beat Leicester and I find myeslf finishing in 7th. 

So my only hope for Europe is the fa cup winner finishing in the top 6...... Or is it....

Unless the Fa cup final is between Aston Villa and Southampton!

Still spewing that I had champions league in my grasp but 3rd season in a row I'll get a crack at Europe and a chance to win back to back Fa cups. 

About to play the match now. 

Edit: my mistake I won the EFL cup last season

So against Southampton I was 0-2 after 30 mins (the irony) and true to the script I came back to win 5-3. 

After 4 seasons

2 Fa cups

1 EFL cup

1 community shield

Looking forward to next season. Really  got a good team going and hopefully the good Dr opens his wallett for me. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

Is anyone interested in some screenshots of my squad, financial situation etc. If anyone is can they also explain to me how I hide contents so my post isn't a page long please. 

• Like 2

ce5beb1578d7a1cd4ecbce1b0687d75b.png

Won the league again, apart from a big dip in form towards the end it was pretty comfortable overall. Lost in the semis of the cup this time, Torino beat me. Didn't do too great in the CL as Madrid knocked us out in the quarters. 

Champions League has been such a problem for me this FM, just can never do any well in it. 

• Like 2

After about 6 months of delays, i am finally the powerhouse of the division. Paid for the stadium with cash, so no loans hanging over and the club worth over 1.9 billion. Getting 1 billion transfer budget is nice, but my highest transfer is still Darren Bent :D

7aUW0Rh.png

• Like 4

Sitting 2nd after 13 games, could this be the season we get a crack at champions league. 

Watch all those pricks I've been scouting who say they aren't interested in joining the Villa come crawling to me.

My team is perfectly balanced, no problem with ego. Only a few grumbles from the occasional squad player. Morale is very high. 

Some of the young players I bought are starting to see first team football. 19 y.o Ivan Jilek has scored 3 goals as a midfielder in his 4 senior games. 

Knocked out of the EFL cup, but qualified for the knockout round of Europa cup. I've drawn Hoffenheim. 

Not sure I can win the league against a very strong Manu, but starting to feel quietly confident I can finish top 4. 

Finances are looking good. 60 mill in the bank. Youth facilities upgrade about to be completed. Stadium expansion in planning, extra 6500 seats paid in cash. 

This is my fifth season, this looks like I'm starting to fulfil the prediction I made of an epic save.

• Like 1

Okay I've been watching this analomy for a while and now I'm convinced. 

If I play a team in 20th position I lose, it happens time and time again. It doesnt matter whether I attack or set up defensively. 

It's incredibly frustrating I am having a blinder of a season and its being ruined by IMO silly results.

Â