Football Manager 2017

V01

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

March of my 3rd season with Solihull Moors. Currently top by 15 points. In the final of the C-A-T trophy against Chelsea U23s. 2nd visit to Wembley, hopefully I'll get some silverware in this one (lost to West Ham U23s last year).

Championship football looms with 3 promotions in 3 years! (hopefully I didn't just jinx it).

Still only got a 5000 capacity stadium though... 2300 seats.

2300 seats... what next, prawn sandwiches :D

• Like 1

Applied for a new stadium at the start of 3rd season (1st season in League 1) and the chairman agreed but the council stopped it. Now he won't even expand the stadium. He's actively looking to leave too but have seen 2 takeovers fall through, so until a takeover happens I'm stuck with the chairman who doesn't want to spend any more money.

Bastard.

My Stoke City save is going well.  Started unemployed and took over midway through season 1.  Now into the 2017-2018 season and was 5th-7th for most of the season but then on the final day beat Man Utd at home to end up 2nd!  Won the EFL Cup and the Europa League, beating Roma in the final.  Remarkable scenes!

Arsenal are the dominant team at the moment, winning the league two years in a row and the Champions League this season too.  Man City and Chelsea are both midtable and burning through managers.  Guardiola has just arrived at Chelsea in the summer of 2018, but there was some competition -

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 23.05.05.png

Meanwhile, I've (for the first time) been granted a stadium expansion.  Will be great to have a bigger ground, but not sure how my fans will feel having their first ever season in the Champions League being played entirely at Hillsborough!!!

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 23.01.57.png

• Like 4

So I was able to gain immediate promotion to the Premier League. What really helped was getting a couple of the loans from premier league teams for two seasons, and we hit the ground running. A soft Brexit also came into effect during this season. 

Just now finished up my first season in the PL finishing 14th. This allowed for my finances to get very healthy, and a couple of my coaches left to become managers in the lower leagues. Then I randomly get offered the England job. (I have only one one trophy during my entire career, so I am a bit confused by it but I'll take it) 

• Like 1

@Villan_of_oz late replying

start anew save my friend. If my formation didn't work see others on here. Start a fresh. I love the day one stuff. Takes me a night to even press continue. 

Hypocriticslly I have shelved my save 2( Swedish save) and gone back to my Torino save and loving it. But I set it up delightfully from day one and cannot let go of it. Winserie A every year but I don't dominaye the champions league every year so got enough

otivation to keep coming back. AnywY yeah you've tasted Serie A less finances thanE gland and you lose players to Chelsea United Man City Real Madrid Barcelona more but hey. 

Roma / ac Milan? Go for it dude 

How do people on here usually approach getting promoted? Do you trust to guys who got you up and do you make a massive overhaul?

I'm about to start the Premier League with Villa in the 2nd season and I've tried to recruit based on players I've scouted (without looking online) and now I'm concerned I haven't got the cattle. The media are predicting relegation, are they usually on the money with this type of thing? The Doc only gave me 20m to spend which I have used on:

Pickford - Sunderland - 10m
Mooy - Man City - 6m
Mimoun Mahi - Groningen - 3m
Kevin Akpoguma - Hoffenheim - 7m

The outs have been less than what I have liked. Cissokho, Sanchez & Adomah.

Apart from Pickford I feel like the others have just added to the congestion of my squad at the moment and that I have a bunch of good/average players without any quality. Will this be enough to survive?

7fdcd283fdef4141e39413c4376dfed7.png

Tempted to end my time at Lincoln, ended up 10 points worse off than last season. Lowest total of points to win the league in 7 seasons as well and I finish 4th. Getting a bit rubbish now.

• Like 1

No matter what I do Sampdoria is going nowhere. 

So I'm going to start a new Villa save, and it will be my last management position on FM17. If I fail then I'm going to uninstall the game and send it to digital heaven to rest in peace. 

This is, no matter what happens, going to be an epic save.... Stay tuned, knowing me you will be well informed. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

On 2017-6-25 at 02:27, Farlz said:

7fdcd283fdef4141e39413c4376dfed7.png

Tempted to end my time at Lincoln, ended up 10 points worse off than last season. Lowest total of points to win the league in 7 seasons as well and I finish 4th. Getting a bit rubbish now.

What year is it @Farlz?

16 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

What year is it @Farlz?

I'm in August 2029.

Lyon gave me a job interview, they had a takeover and are now crazy rich so it might have been interesting but they went with someone else so I've stuck with Lincoln. Wasn't so sure about leaving in the first place because my youth academy is really starting to make progress -

d935a2398733009fc149e1c93c76b939.png

Do have another job however, was randomly offered the England job and decided to take it. Obviously there's the 2030 World Cup at the season so that should be fun

8e8428ed11248932c8c1323ab4192056.png

Qualifying group seems rather easy, not sure how they've lost a game already 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Farlz said:

I'm in August 2029.

Lyon gave me a job interview, they had a takeover and are now crazy rich so it might have been interesting but they went with someone else so I've stuck with Lincoln. Wasn't so sure about leaving in the first place because my youth academy is really starting to make progress -

d935a2398733009fc149e1c93c76b939.png

Do have another job however, was randomly offered the England job and decided to take it. Obviously there's the 2030 World Cup at the season so that should be fun

8e8428ed11248932c8c1323ab4192056.png

Qualifying group seems rather easy, not sure how they've lost a game already 

Farlz - how does the England position work out? Are you the England manager and Lincoln at the same time like in some iterations of FM in the past? Or do you have to be full time England manager? For a game, I would find that quite tiresome.

I've won promotion to the Championship by winning L1. Takeover happened and I've kept my job (rightly so).

Still no stadium expansion or new build. 5000 capacity in Championship. So small time.

Todd Kane has signed on a free after spending the last 2 seasons on loan with me. Won the L1 player of the year last year. A right back. PotY.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

Farlz - how does the England position work out? Are you the England manager and Lincoln at the same time like in some iterations of FM in the past? Or do you have to be full time England manager? For a game, I would find that quite tiresome.

You're manager of both club and country.

• Like 2

This new owner is quite the dick. Doesn't want to make any improvements to the stadium, youth set-up, coaching wages or affiliates.

Come on man, we've got 10m in the bank, spend some of it!

3 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

Thanks Bobzy... sounds good. Does that apply to any national team too? I quite fancy having a pop with somewhere like Jamaica or Ivory Coast.

Yep, absolutely anywhere - as long as they offer you the job ;)

After the trouble I had a few months ago when my pc crashed, I started saving on the Steam Cloud and not locally. 

Frustratingly my pc crashed again and needed a reinstall, I've downloaded Steam again but only have Cloud saves from a few months back and have lost loads of progress.

Anyone got any ideas what has happened or how to fix it?

Â