Football Manager 2017

V01

1 hour ago, villakram said:

How many other leagues are you running @Farlz, as I've never seen such a static top division after 11 seasons. Normally, the rubbish signings from all over Europe catch up with at least a few of the big clubs after 5-6 seasons, especially once regens/youth start dominating.

Though I've never started a campaign lower than the championship. Up to your lot to stir things up it appears. 

Top 2 Divisions from Belgium, Brazil, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Portugal and Spain.

Just had a quick look through the Prem standings each year, the only team to ever break up Arsenal, Chelsea, United and City were Spurs who managed it on a few occasions.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I love Jose being at Utd on FM, he absolutely kills it and is so hard to beat...

but when you do finally overtake him and start winning the title and beating him home and away he has a proper meltdown and it is so rewarding.

Had a look at my past meetings against United/Jose. In 11 games I've beaten him once :mellow:

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Does anyone else play one match too many, then regret it? I made a cracking start to season 3 then got spanked 0-3 by A.C Milan. 

Feeling a bit depressed about it. 

I used to have a thing about quitting after a bad result, I hated doing it. I'd get through another game quickly even if it was a 0-0 just so I wasn't going out on a low. But on the other hand I can understand it being hard to quit when you side are on a roll.

So after all my selling, releasing, and loaning I managed to graft enough funds to buy;

Shinji Okazaki (375k)

Luca Antei (4mill)

Some other guy on a free. 

That's it. Thought I was in for another tough season but low and behold after 12  games I have 21 points and am sitting 5th. 

I have 2 tactics that are working well for me and Ive managed to get the squad down to a size where I can keep most of my players happy and save on wage budget. 

Really need to get Europe football next season somehow as I cannot see any other way to get a better financial position. 

Favourite moment of this season so far has been my best player handing in a transfer request. Which I ignored, sent him to go play with the kids then he retracts his request.

He checked himself before he wrecked himself. 

If anyone is looking for a young striker in their save try and get Frederico Bonazzoli. He is going to be my ticket to success, literally will do anything to hold on to him. 

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me how to post screens from my game on here. Looks like some of you post screenshots. How do I do that? I've tried taking a picture on my phone but the site says the image is too big. 

Just figured rather than writing long rants all the time I could just show some screens instead. 

F12 in game is screenshot, alt tab to open the overlay. then upload the screenshot within steam. You will be able to copy the url and insert the image here.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, V01 said:

F12 in game is screenshot, alt tab to open the overlay. then upload the screenshot within steam. You will be able to copy the url and insert the image here.

Thanks V01. Also , @Villan_of_oz an alternative , I'm old school with a computer, but i

save a screenshot and upload it to tiny pic website and copy and paste the link that's in the bottom box, then paste it here in your reply and that's it. Just another way if needed. 

I check back into this site and occasionally check the FM thread. I'm definitely not the most knowledgeable guy on FM or in this thread but grew up with it but have "mad love" for the VTers who FM themselves! Always nice to see the posts in this thread. 

Me, I've had my much mentioned Torino for life savegame and my Djurgardens IF as a second save but haven't been playing a lot lately. Will be soon ish though. 

@Villan_of_oz how's it going fella. Did you sort your negatives out for the new season? Now you've learned to screenshot if you want any input I'm sure the lads on here and me will be happy to give a hand. 

Gotta get those Samp boys progressing. Although I mainly do club for life saves, in your savegame id have been looking to jump ship. 

I know the Italian league is not super super rich but being given 1.5m and making you drop your wage budget is not ambitious from them. I'd give them this season, and flaunt that CV elsewhere to someone who has more cash! And if you continue to prove loyalty to them, get with the board requests pal because that's not on. The budgets I mean. How are you meant to advance if they're chopping budgets. Damn it's like working in the NHS

Righto, 

10 games left in my season and I'm still 5th, top 3 are outta sight so I'm just trying to hold on to a European spot. 

Frederico Bonazzoli has nearly 20 goals already. He is only 22, an absolute beast and one of my all time favourite FM players. 

However this save is seriously getting on my nerves.....

Even though as manager I'm doing the best I've ever done in all facets. The board are a bunch of bellends. 

All my best players keep hassling me to leave, so I've had to promise continental football next season. Which is possible. 

What has got me fuming though is I've just noticed that my wage budget for next season is 75k less than this season.

How the f$%k am I supposed to improve the squad on less money. 

Sorry sampdoria fans but I'll be quietly canvassing a new job next season which is unlike me. 

I always do one club saves. Well not anymore......

• Like 1

just won League 2 with Plymouth. first off-season I signed a boatload of free transfers from premier league teams. Also convinced Ryan Fraser to join (not sure how I was able to do so) and also signed Alan Judge on loan from Bournemouth. 

Edited by Villaphan04
  • Like 3

Just had one of those only in FM games. Nearly 75% through the season and sitting 3rd we travel to 2nd place Brentford. Hogan has been good for me and despite being injury plagued finds himself as our leading scorer with 8 goals (very low I know). So he goes and scores a 39 minute hat-trick against his old club and finishes with all 4 goals in a 4-1 win. Brentford then receive 250K for Hogan scoring 10 league goals with Villa and we go top.

• Like 1

Travelled to St James Park trailing Newcastle by 4 points with 14 games to play. Coming back home with 3 points after smashing them 5-0. Hopefully can propel me to the title.

• Like 1

So finished 6th

Qualified for the Europa league

Got a transfer budget of £0

5 of my best players are all trying to fashion a move.

Only being able to bring in a 19 y.o LB and a 20 y.o LW on loan.

Have managed to improve the coaches and medical staff a bit. 

How bloody depressing, and all of this after what was considered a very successful season by me. 

No job offers have come my way....

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So finished 6th

How bloody depressing, and all of this after what was considered a very successful season by me. 

I always go to like your FM posts as they start out with some achievement, then comes the depressing news and I feel bad if I did. Are there any decent jobs available?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So finished 6th

Sell the best players for pittance and resign. You should be able to get the first Everton/Villa/Newcastle level job that becomes available, even if it might take until someway into mid next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hornso said:

I always go to like your FM posts as they start out with some achievement, then comes the depressing news and I feel bad if I did. Are there any decent jobs available?

That's exactly how I feel when I post. Super high cos I feel I'm doing a great job then the lows of not being able to progress. 

So far I've managed to get one of the unhappy players to sign a new contract, my favourite player Frederico Bonazzoli!

Also cleared out a few more fringe players and am using youth players to fill my bench and squad. This has lowered my wage bill dramatically. 

If I can get any/all of the unhappy players to stay I now have the means of offering them a nice new contract. 

I'm in the Euro league playoff drew 1-1 all in the first leg away. If I can qualify for the group stages then there is some decent money to be earned. 

If a better job comes along I'll take it but after putting 3 tough seasons I want my reward, maybe a takeover or something. This team has lots of potential.

• Like 1

Â