Football Manager 2017

V01

So I just got relegated in the last game, by a goal in the 81st minute, that was missing until it hit one my defenders in the back and went in. 

Then I got sacked.... Not that unusual except I literally signed a new contract 3 weeks ago. 

:(

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So I just got relegated in the last game, by a goal in the 81st minute, that was missing until it hit one my defenders in the back and went in. 

Then I got sacked.... Not that unusual except I literally signed a new contract 3 weeks ago. 

:(

What you gonna spend the pay-off on?

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Shella's, tinnies and new thongs probably

That's Sheila's mate, I do need new thongs though, my dog just ate my other ones. Luckily they were $2 or 80p to most of you. 

I'd like to go on a month bender after the stress managing Villa put me through but alas Sampdoria heard I was available and asked me to take over. 

I took the offer as the project excites me, and I wanna prove to Dr Xia that he f#$%@d up by sacking me. 

Unfortunately the new job starts immediately (well after I do the dishes and feed the dogs)

I'm hoping that I can harness all my experience and recent advice I've read and make this the epic save I so crave. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

So definitely the longest time I have spent preseason. Started in France so I could get the earliest start and have paid attention to a lot of detail. 

Couple more friendlies an a Italian cup qualifier before the season gets started. 

If this doesn't work then I must just plain suck at this but after some research it world indeed appear I wasn't paying enough attention and taking enough time to do things properly. 

Will try not to bore you all with too many updates. 

What am I talking about, I won't try at all. 

ece426f87851fdefdfcd56e553256b9f.png

January 2025, I think this is the season European nights come to Sincil Bank B)

In other news, went to check on Villa again..

.906c1464f5459b701c80392a94c08e07.png

21st in League 1, what a disaster they've been in my save. 

Also, I'm only bloody 20. Odd one out here.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Farlz loyalty stat definitely a 20:

lo6p.gif

#

also @Villan_of_oz

You could always start a new one mate, wipe the slate clean and so on. I've never been relegated on FM, i'd feel a bit queasy about that being on my CV! sack it, rewrite history mate. Newsave!

Yeah mate it was a new save, I was just being poetic when I said Sampdoria were available after I got sacked. 

I really meant I quit and started a new save. Kept the villa just in case I feel like trying again but will probably start another villa save too. 

41 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yeah mate it was a new save, I was just being poetic when I said Sampdoria were available after I got sacked. 

I really meant I quit and started a new save. Kept the villa just in case I feel like trying again but will probably start another villa save too. 

I've been busy this weekend but playing right now, late night beers... Djurgardens IF of Stockholm, really enjoying so far. Really worked hard on day 1 to kit out as best a back room team I could possibly get to go to Stockholm, chuffed with who I got and on cheap budget. All backroom, training, staff elements done. Can't sell players though, limited funds with competitors and foreign teams not interested (although their transfer windows closed a couple of weeks before my new save game began) looks like I've got four passengers until their contracts run out.

times like that, I just loan out the unwanteds, let someone else pay their wage, hopefully increase their profile to become a saleable asset next window. 

The tactic I mapped out in the thread, I have religiously deployed in this save game and it's going great guns , even though these players are a fraction capable of performing to the levels my Torino save game players could, hence I recommend it, generic, can't guarantee it will bring you success but like that scumbag R Kelly said:

i don't see nothing wroooooooonnnnng with a little 41221, roles etc described in that original post but:

.                Ac

AML.                  AMR

.           MC.  MC

.               DMC

DL.       Dc.     Dc.      Dr

.               GK

massively outplaying opposition, creating 3-4 times as many chances as opposition, defending solidly.... All good so far, haven't played it for couple of days, and last time playing was pretty much the setup stuff that I spend ages doing. Quicker, comparatively, this time around than back in December or whenever I started my Torino save.

good luck with Samp then, new history. Get stuck? Try "Midfielder 41221"

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 13:34, Midfielder said:

1) on the one hand, good on you bud! 

2) you're in the FM Grandad club, here you go mate you can catch the title of oldest FM player! 

catch_fail-s530x331-34235.jpg

And I am 42... recently divorced and enjoying life again... mostly.

31 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

And I am 42... recently divorced and enjoying life again... mostly.

I bow down in reverence to you oh great leader......

• Like 1

Solihull Moors top in December. Through to the 2nd round of the FA Cup against Plymouth. Winnable. Board are ecstatic. 

Its well different playing with no money, part time players and club, little revenue and crowds. Looking forward to building them up!

On May 2, 2017 at 13:32, Midfielder said:

3717540.jpg

RAVER TAKES THE LEAD

Lead didn't last very long. I'm 44. Currently in the Premiership with Reading. I do pick some odd teams sometimes but I would be bored choosing the same teams all the time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

Lead didn't last very long. I'm 44. Currently in the Premiership with Reading. I do pick some odd teams sometimes but I would be bored choosing the same teams all the time.

I'm still in season one of my second FM17, mighty Blaranderna.

Trophy is Noel's , 44 going once, going twice....

david-dickinson-real-deal.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrse! :angry:

:D

• Like 2

Â