Football Manager 2017

V01

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

:o

i usually have an italy game, france game, german game, flirt with an ajax one as well as a brazilian, MLS if i can find a decent proper league edit and i tried a china edit this year

also had a good red star belgrade game last year

Pretty much same here. I love me an Ajax save. Tend to opt for Partizan though. :P 

My favourite ever save was one where I started unemployed on sunday league rep. Got the job in the Argentinian second division with Gimnasia and then moved on to San Lorenzo. Won the Copa Libertadores with them and then moved on to Ajax whom I won the Champions League with much earlier than I expected to. Then moved to Fiorentina but by that time the next version on FM was due to come out so I just left it.

Most rewarding game I've ever had on any FM.

Does anyone still have pics of favourite regens from over the years? Would be quite interesting to share, either way I'm going to do it :)

This is Nicky Hollis, my first regen love from back on FM14. Come through the Villa academy in the first season and never left. He played just behind the striker and would pick up loads of assists, still not sure how he never got capped for England. I started with Villa in this save, left for a few years and then rejoined them. Him remaining for all that time was nice.

Spoiler

d82aa584e569ad3437ed2e4bd7814713.png

Fernandinho. FM14 again this I'm pretty sure, I'd left Villa to take the PSG job and signed him from Gremio. My god did he turn out good. As you can see in the pic I was Bayern manager at the time having just left PSG so I had to sign him. I bought him in the end for £200m :D

Spoiler

51573c7a3ae2ec952cdc9c52ced99b1c.jpg

I'll make it a top 3 so here's my favourite ever, Joeri Cornelis. Only FM16 this one from my Paris FC save (again, favourite ever). I noticed he was pretty good and his contract was running down so I tapped him up and in he come for a free. Never did I imagine how incredible he'd become. 18 years he played for me, ended up becoming club captain and then a coach at the club. Obviously went down as a club legend as well, loved him. I'd be surprised if I ever have someone like him again.The pic of his stats is an old one I found from his peak years, I think he finally retired at like 37.

Spoiler

69ea1cf344818132bb620d2a11ebca6b.png30b1021c6942e663e98241a7ac613bb1.png

• Like 3

33uvgqp.jpg

Here you go, to help anyone who is starting a new savegame. This list is my staff shortlist from year 1. I save them as shortlist files so that come any future start, they just are generically accessible to me to import into the new save game, which didn't happen with FM2017 for me as I ended up staying with this Torino save the whole damn time. I do the same with player SLFs too. Anyway here you go on the house, ps, these are geared up for a Torino size team however as said, I would expect 75% of these minimum, to be prepared to go to Villa sized and thereabouts. These guys, will do you proud. But even if you have a handful of slots I guarantee you will fill a near-division-leading backroom from these chaps. These, all are "fifteen'd" and above in their respective jobs, most are twentie'd... you're welcome. Some of these guys are really cheap too and like I say, season 1 is where it's at. It's cheap to lay off your staff, and to get these guys in, because if you don't, someone else will.

I will list them in more than one section too, where relevant:

ASSMAN (Assmen – technical term for assistant mgr! learn it: “assman”)

Michael Lindeman

Brian McClair

Paul McGuinness

Colin Pascoe

Angel Vales

Neil Dewsnip

HOYD

Dave Parnaby

Mick Halsall

Kristjaan Speakman (from the scum)

COACHES

Phil Cannon (ultimate dream coach, Mr Go-To, have one slot free? THIS GUY)

Tony Carr

Dave Parnaby (note… superb HOYD too)

Bryan Klug

Brian McClair

Paul McGuinness

Colin Pascoe

Diego Bortoluzzi

Steve Cooper

Neil Adams

Our Scout Tony McAndrew also doubles up as a good coach option

Neil Dewsnip

GK COACH

David Coles (Do it! Ultimate)

Vic bettinelli

FITNESS COACH

Bruno Lage

Massimo Neri

Stefano Rapetti

Maurizio Fanchini

Arno Philips

Roberto De Bellis

Chris Neville

HEAD PHYSIO

David Fevre without doubt, or as Head of Sports Science too if you use Nick Worth as HP

Nick Worth

Dave Galley

PHYSIO

David Fevre

Nick Worth

Dave Galley

Peter Friar

Gary Lewin

Rob Price

Mick Rathbone

Matt Radcliffe

HEAD SCOUT

Frank McParland

Paul Winstanley

SCOUT

Ray Clarke

Derek Langley

Our very own Tony McAndrew!!

Frank McParland

Paul Winstanley

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Does anyone still have pics of favourite regens from over the years? Would be quite interesting to share, either way I'm going to do it :)

This is Nicky Hollis, my first regen love from back on FM14. Come through the Villa academy in the first season and never left. He played just behind the striker and would pick up loads of assists, still not sure how he never got capped for England. I started with Villa in this save, left for a few years and then rejoined them. Him remaining for all that time was nice.

Reveal hidden contents

d82aa584e569ad3437ed2e4bd7814713.png

Fernandinho. FM14 again this I'm pretty sure, I'd left Villa to take the PSG job and signed him from Gremio. My god did he turn out good. As you can see in the pic I was Bayern manager at the time having just left PSG so I had to sign him. I bought him in the end for £200m :D

Reveal hidden contents

51573c7a3ae2ec952cdc9c52ced99b1c.jpg

I'll make it a top 3 so here's my favourite ever, Joeri Cornelis. Only FM16 this one from my Paris FC save (again, favourite ever). I noticed he was pretty good and his contract was running down so I tapped him up and in he come for a free. Never did I imagine how incredible he'd become. 18 years he played for me, ended up becoming club captain and then a coach at the club. Obviously went down as a club legend as well, loved him. I'd be surprised if I ever have someone like him again.The pic of his stats is an old one I found from his peak years, I think he finally retired at like 37.

Reveal hidden contents

69ea1cf344818132bb620d2a11ebca6b.png30b1021c6942e663e98241a7ac613bb1.png

Not me, but I have printouts of old stuff! I am a two-screen FM die hard, with printer connected... but not even I have saved my old fave players. Hats off to your fanaticism. The love is strong with this one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, abdomlahor said:

Here's my best regen on my current save. 

e0cfc207d1b87eedbd5a491892f38b05.png

60 goals this season, 40 in the league.

Had to give him the number 14 too. :P

That's a lot of green there. High green. Nice touch with the 14.

Guy is the ultimate AMR but the heading stat makes him a ridiculously lethal AC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

Back in the day, The Mighty Atom, aka Alan Wright, used to win a crazy amount of headers. He was only two foot tall but had some unexpected arial prowess. Your man there, he's Mighty Atom 2

I don't actually understand the jumping reach stat. If it's how high they can jump then Alan Wright would have 19-20 for that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I don't actually understand the jumping reach stat. If it's how high they can jump then Alan Wright would have 19-20 for that.

Jumping reach has always confused me. You get a player that is 6f 4 and has a jumping reach of 8. What the?

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

Same here, its confusing. The way i see it, there's 20 in game notches of heights a player can jump to. Within that, regardless of if your man's 3 foot or 6ft 8, if they both have jumping reach of the same, then they can jump to the same height, whatever notch that is. I think there is an aspect of the actual height being factored into the jumping reach attribute itself (to determine it) but, the jumping reach stat is "where its at" as like you say Wrighty's would be high for sure. 

Edit, just seen Villan's post. Yes bud, there are many contradictory stats in a lot of newgens. In last years incarnation of FM i had a 5ft 6 player left back that was almost 17 stone and had pace 20 and high acceleration. I'm sure that's possible, but highly unlikely. He looked a right funny sod on the highlights too. 

Edited by Midfielder

12 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Can someone explain the goalkeeper rating to me as well and which number is better, 1 or 5?

I think that one is just in relation to outfield players, who if needed in a crisis, have to go between the sticks. I'm pretty sure 5 is the highest. 

3 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Jumping Reach is how high the player can reach in the air. It's both height and jumping in one stat. 

Heading is a technical attribute and has no bearing on whether the player wins headers, only his ability to head the ball.

I've taken a long break from FM. I keep getting an itch to start back up again though. However I keep booting up the game, starting a new career, having a look at the squad of whatever team that has tickled my fancy... and then I realize this is gonna take forever and I just can't be bothered running this slow race.

Am I cured, guys?

21 minutes ago, tarjei said:

Jumping Reach is how high the player can reach in the air. It's both height and jumping in one stat. 

Heading is a technical attribute and has no bearing on whether the player wins headers, only his ability to head the ball.

I've taken a long break from FM. I keep getting an itch to start back up again though. However I keep booting up the game, starting a new career, having a look at the squad of whatever team that has tickled my fancy... and then I realize this is gonna take forever and I just can't be bothered running this slow race.

Am I cured, guys?

Yes, Yes you are:

sopranos.jpg

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 12:40, villa4europe said:

does anyone ever jump around? as in start a game with luton, do well get offered the villa job and go for it?

i cant remember the last time i did 

Hi V4E - yes, that's what I have done. I started a Luton save in League 2 (I went to uni there and finished in 1996, so I have fond memories of Kenilworth Road during my time there, and of course, Villa's two league cup wins!!). At the top of League 1 in season 2, I left Luton for Leeds around February 2018 when they were struggling in the Champ. They took me on and I scraped into the play offs by the skin of my teeth and got promoted. I was heading for Europa League qualification when Nigel Pearson moved from Villa to Liverpool in January 2019. I applied for and got the Villa job.

Will go back and do a 'Villa from the start' save too at some point. I'd like to do an Ayr to Hearts transition too, and something in France. Biggest challenge for me will be to get Nuneaton Town into the Football League :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tarjei said:

Am I cured, guys?

Makes sense but being good at headers is pretty pointless if you can't reach most crosses....

Â